[Tinfoilhat] is Kripparian supported by ggg's increased droprate?

I mean we already know as a fact that streamers get priority treatment when it comes to queues. I wouldn't be surprised at all if streamers, especially the ones that get paid to stream the game, got some adjustments to their droprates. Paying a streamer to play your game in front of a large audience only to have him get nothing during the entire time because you games loot is outright horrible isn't something you'd want to happen as the game developer. So helping with that is a reasonable thing to do. Plus it's impossible for other players to prove due to RNG being what it is. Sounds like a good idea to me.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I mean we already know as a fact that streamers get priority...

No, we don't. We know for a 'fact' that they got priority once or twice, with a 'promise' of it never happening again.

Every SINGLE time people debate this, most people seem to ignore that certain streamers don't just play ten times as much as them, but also have ten times their knowledge. How does that knowledge help? Well, it helps them play A LOT more efficient, it helps them make better choices, seek better builds and it helps them seek better situations/opportunities. It also help them avoid stupid decisions, where they are bound to lose - saving themselves from "bad luck", or "stupidity", as other would've called it. The sum of this is that they are, directly and indirectly, throwing WAY more dices than 'most' people, ending up with WAY more sixes - in every area of the game, be that drops, crafts or whatever.

Is it really that much easier to blame GGG or the streamers, instead of accepting that they are just playing more and better than you?

I'm not telling people that "streamer drops" aren't happening, because we don't know. I'm just saying that the proofs or even indications that this could be happening are so miniscule, that they should be squashed by your understanding of probability, if that understanding exists. Peoples (rightful?) distrust in GGG shouldn't make you ignore your surroundings.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 26, 2022, 7:06:46 AM
I mean if you want to believe in that "promise" from GGG i don't mind. If you actually think that, like in this case, getting an exalt from the first monster killed, is related to "skill" or "efficiency" i also don't mind. But i don't really agree sorry.

RNG is a very possible explanation for these kind of events so i don't see this as evidence or anything of the sort. But the fact of the matter is GGG has both the capability and a motivation to implement "streamer RNG". From a business perspective it's a very rational and beneficial thing to do. Because of that i am also not willing to just ignore the possibility and write it of as "conspiracy theory". Anyway, it's a mood point since we'll likely never find out anyway.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Nov 26, 2022, 7:28:16 AM

Fun fact: Tagek was the first person on this forum I ever engaged critically, in the first thread I ever made on here.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Dec 13, 2022, 10:59:22 PM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I mean if you want to believe in that "promise" from GGG i don't mind. If you actually think that, like in this case, getting an exalt from the second monster killed, is related to "skill" or "efficiency" i also don't mind. But i don't really agree sorry.

And if you are unable to see this wider than "isolated happenings", it's not worth having a discussion. Then we could just ask ourselves: How many mirrors dropped last league, and how many mirrors were dropped by big streamers? When I talked about understanding probability, this was what I was referring to. Being lucky happens to everyone/anyone - and the more you play, the more "lucky moments" you will have. It's not rocket science...? It's like Donald Trump talking about the weather to debunk global warming, unable to know the difference between weather and climate.

I am not willing to ignore anything either. But I ALWAYS look at what we KNOW before making stupid accusations based on distrust and "maybes". If I'll ever see ANYTHING even HINTING towards streamer RNG, I would not be playing anymore. But that has never happened.

GGG doesn't have more "motivation" to implement "streamer RNG" than any other developer making an RNG based game. Just because they could have motivation to do so, doesn't really mean we should ignore everything we know about probability.

It just takes ONE anonymous Reddit post from ONE employer with a hint of morals to make GGG crumble to dust. Hell, there are probably some former employees out there too, but no word. Are the benefits of this "motivation" really worth it?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 26, 2022, 7:41:12 AM
"
qjay wrote:

a bit too much luck

Yeah, I've seen a streamer get 2 Magebloods in less than 30 minutes at Gwennen.

I guess he plays Gwennen better than anyone else.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Nov 26, 2022, 10:20:56 PM
This necro is such a nice way to see how the responders are like our media.

Quick to judge and yet so
"
marccoxx wrote:
People still dont understand what RNG meens, it seems.

Go play everday for 10 Hours straight like hes doing and your gonna get the "luck" u want.

I would argue that people forget this is a business and GGG would be fools not to boost drops or crafting odds on streamers.
Especially when no one can prove it and there's always that "rng" argument.

I saw rare items Kripp made with just 1 Alchemy in Ruthless. Odds on that...
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Nov 27, 2022, 2:07:32 AM
"
I saw rare items Kripp made with just 1 Alchemy. Odds on that...

If you arent lying, 100%.

I saw him make a rare with a mere magic item, a regal and an exalt. It was a symphonic creation that can still be heard til this day.

"
"
I saw rare items Kripp made with just 1 Alchemy. Odds on that...

If you arent lying, 100%.

I saw him make a rare with a mere magic item, a regal and an exalt. It was a symphonic creation that can still be heard til this day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/z4syef/kripp_shows_his_crafting_experience_in_ruthless/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info