[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

Hey, pretty much have all the items for this build, but i do have a question about blighted maps do i run faster proj or faster casting for my frostbolt setup? and do i run inc aoe or conc effect for my frostnova. I feel that blighted bosses take quite a while to kill
"
Neruxian wrote:
Is it worth getting gems at level 21 for this build? I have looked at some examples and I see almost nobody using level 21 gems except for ice nova.

i am going for 21s. especially flame dash (also 23% quality).

why? the cooldown feels so shit without quality and level.

i even socketed the helmet with R R B G and put in enhance level 4.

it is much better than inc duration, since every gem in the helmet slot benefits from it and the duration you lose on the molten shell is not significant. its like 3 seconds.

faster cooldown on flame dash, more golem life and a bit lower time on the molten shell (quality adds duration) is very nice.+

on another note, i will keep using conc effect now instead of awakened inc AOE. just dont feel it is worth losing that much damage (im also gem swapping faster projectiles and slower projectiles for insane clear and insane damage on bosses and narrow spaces)

what do you guys think about awakened curse on hit on frostbolt? you can put elemental weakness into your chest instead of faster casting and then even remove awakened cold pen and put in awakened elemental focus or controlled destruction?

you can play around so much with this build, i like it
Last edited by dipsi on Jan 12, 2020, 4:51:25 PM
Hi, nice build! As discussed an in game pm i will link my items here:

Spoiler

Btw watchers eye still very expensive cant afford at the momment, and working on better rare jewels. What else i could look for? Thanks!
"
zaric1 wrote:
Hi, nice build! As discussed an in game pm i will link my items here:

Spoiler

Btw watchers eye still very expensive cant afford at the momment, and working on better rare jewels. What else i could look for? Thanks!

Ok the biggest problem for you right now is you need to socket in slower proj for big bosses. Its literally like 400% more damage if not more
(1 white socket on shavs)

21 Ice nova +10% more damage

Level 5 awakened added cold +10% more damage

20% herald of ice 15% increased damage

Annoint Crusader on your amulet (buy non-corrupted) +20-30% more damage

Better Cyclopean coil (18%, make sure your STR is higher than Dex)

GL man! Thanks for being polite when you whispered me!

The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Last edited by maddognils on Jan 12, 2020, 7:32:18 PM
Hey man. Liking the build so far. I'm just a little confused on what my next upgrade should be with my current setup. I know my boots are trash but I haven't found any tailwind ones I can craft on yet. I have about 18ex leftover after picking up Bottled Faith.

Spoiler

Would the Cyclopean Coil variant be a defensive upgrade or downgrade over what I am currently using?
Last edited by Kimbroslice on Jan 12, 2020, 10:49:40 PM
Should be able to use Conc in the main Ice nova setup (no need for +aoe) !!!
Hi Nils,
First, and foremost, big thanks for the build! I switched over from a Caustic Arrow Raider to this one after getting hurt a lot by the 5% no evade cap... Stupid kills that this build just doesn't have!

I have always loved Guardians, and man your build is awesome! Today I beat Sirius lvl 5, also beat Elder, all his guardians, have to kill Shaper but missing Minotaur fragment, but am sure he'll be a cakewalk too.

So far got these items:
Spoiler

"
and use this in boss fights;

Edit: just upgraded Herald of Ice to 20/20

What would you recommend as a first update? I got 25 exa to spare, so I hope you can point me in a good damage upgrade direction.

Also, maybe a newb question, but the white socks in my Shavs, are they permanent? Or can they be altered when I use a chromatic?

Last edited by Genji084 on Jan 13, 2020, 6:29:32 AM
"
Genji084 wrote:
Hi Nils,
First, and foremost, big thanks for the build! I switched over from a Caustic Arrow Raider to this one after getting hurt a lot by the 5% no evade cap... Stupid kills that this build just doesn't have!

I have always loved Guardians, and man your build is awesome! Today I beat Sirius lvl 5, also beat Elder, all his guardians, have to kill Shaper but missing Minotaur fragment, but am sure he'll be a cakewalk too.

So far got these items:
Spoiler

"
and use this in boss fights;

Edit: just upgraded Herald of Ice to 20/20

What would you recommend as a first update? I got 25 exa to spare, so I hope you can point me in a good damage upgrade direction.

Also, maybe a newb question, but the white socks in my Shavs, are they permanent? Or can they be altered when I use a chromatic?

buy bottled faith
"
rezzet wrote:
"
Genji084 wrote:

buy bottled faith

Okay, I can see that as an upgrade. Have you any knowledge regarding the white socket and Chromatic orb?

9-10 exa left for a potential upgrade.. Search for awakened gems?
Hello there, :)

this build insanely good and fun to play

i'm looking to upgrade my watcher's eye but i'm not sure what would be better

A:
Critical Strikes Penetrate 8% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry

Or.

B
increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground while affected by Zealotry

Keep up the great work! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info