New hybrid templar build, opinions?

I want to make the typical "battle mage" character and templar seem to be the best choice... I lack the knowledge on this game however so I have some questions for you experinced templars out there!

1. Is hybrid a viable spec?
2. 1h or 2h?
3. General skill ideas.
4. Energy shield or Hp? Pros and Cons!
5. Stat priorities
6. Build

This is what I had in mind so far:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0aODKJRtdX4l3GYG135YM4i4yQVZ2AogCnhMAa3fPhc-w47SDwHw==

2h Mace
Ground Slam
Ice nova
Fireball/Ice spear
"Mana arua"
"Do-fire-dmg-with-attacks-arua" (yeah that's how lazy I am...)

General tips and tricks are welcome ofc!
Last edited by trobie on Mar 18, 2013, 3:58:39 PM
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxHbFE0VUBmFGjgabCSqKU8yiTbpRtdN2FXGV-JZ813GYG1yqXflfNmBb4KbgziLjIx2j0aQVZ2Ana6ePKIApwinhKyquJPAGsaez2XQ0Nrd3fPhc-Nq5CLsOO0g8B8=

In that build that I put, I showed you some paths that you can take. If you don't mind not being able to crit, getting Resolute Technique is a must because of how close it is. Elementalist is also only 2 points away, so you should get that too. After that, you can go up to the witch tree and get Inner Force, and more life nodes. There are 2 +30 nodes right there as well, so you can get them to your discretion. Another large life node is up there as well, and it's well worth it. After all of this, there's fire damage nodes deeper into the witch tree as well. Finally, you would eventually have to make the decision of going mana or blood magic. If you want mana, there are close mana and mana regen nodes at the start of the witch area, but if you wanted to go blood magic then going down to the marauder tree and getting life then blood magic (or vice verse) would probably be your best choice. This being said, these are simply guidelines, and I encourage you to take what you want.

Note: I am under the assumption that you're going to go ele slam, so try to get WED or Added Fire Damage on your ground slam, and lmp/gmp on fireball. I don't recommend getting Ice Nova, and fireball would be better than ice spear because of how good it is up close, and fire damage works well on ground slam as well.
Thanks for everything Zyph I didn't quite understand three of the abbreviation tho!

WED
LMP
GMP
"
trobie wrote:
Thanks for everything Zyph I didn't quite understand three of the abbreviation tho!

WED
LMP
GMP

Unless I'm woefully mistaken:

WED = Weapon Elemental Damage
LMP = Lesser Multiple Projectiles
GMP = Greater Multiple Projectiles
Thanks alot mate, really helped me out!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info