[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
Anyone have thoughts on this build following the crit multi nerf?

As far as I can see the build lost only 10% crit multi on Assassination, thats no big deal.

The more impactful changes are to the Antivenom notable, which no longer has "Unaffected by Poison" but now grants "30% chance to Avoid being Poisoned" and "1% max Chaos Res". So I think the Golden Rule is out of the picture.

"Method of Madness" also lost it's chaos damage over time multiplier but gained +1% maximum chaos res and some more chaos res.

Also Envy from the Aul amulet got buffed. And significantly unless they used the most convoluted and misunderstandable way possible to say they increasey its flat damage.

Edit: Read the patch notes again, and now I think its just more flat damage, but the phrasing is very ambiguous.

"

Envy, granted by United in Dream, Aul's Uprising and the Elder Mod (Suffix) now grants 75% More Added Chaos Damage to Attacks and Spells. Its radius has been increased by 14 units, to match other similar Aura skills. This affects all versions of these items.

Since basically all of this builds damage comes from added chaos damage from various sources this is a huge buff and easily offsets the circle of nostalgia nerf.

As far as I knew this should even effect the local chaos damage on wands, but Im 100% sure on that.
Last edited by MischievousGentleman on Jun 17, 2020, 2:44:24 AM
Looks like this build got hit a lot harder than we first thought with the Antivenom change, crit multi nerf and other changes to the passive skill tree. Such a shame as I was really excited to try this build out.
The Antivenom + Golden rule interaction is going away for alot of builds. But you will simply replace those with another 2 strong Clusters (wasting + haemorrhage or w/e) which were not nerfed and are super strong...

Crafting a gg wand in this league should be significantly easier than in past leagues, which means you could reach higher dmg numbers more easily.

From the passive tree changes, we lose a small amount of Crit-Multi overall, BUT, Perfect Agony is now 4 points closer to the starting location so now you wont need to go out of your way to get it, and those spare points could make up for the crit multi loss.

The build is getting more Elusive effect from the tree which would make our defences and mobility stronger.

Then there is Envy skill (gained through Aul amulet or elder wand for us) which has been buffed as someone else mentioned.

Then there are the new "Duskblight: No longer supports socketed gems with level 15 Added Chaos Damage. Now triggers Level 15 Stalking Pustule on Kill, and adds 30-40 to 50-60 Chaos Damage to Spells and Attacks during any flask effect."

This item will be really strong early now, get it quick before people realise.

Most importantly, this build has alot of it's damage LOCKED behind having a GG wand. This is not a build that utilises unique weapon, its crafted rare and so the dmg potential we can realistically reach should be much higher in Harvest.

I really dont see how we have been nerfed, like, at all... just no
Ydoums version looks OP (look at his videos) insane damage.. can OP adjust this build to his version for the next league?

Or can Ydoum take over if OP is not intending to update this for 3.11?

Thanks
"
Nevzat wrote:
Ydoums version looks OP (look at his videos) insane damage.. can OP adjust this build to his version for the next league?

Or can Ydoum take over if OP is not intending to update this for 3.11?

Thanks

Ydoum's build is the OP's build, with added currency thrown into things like...Tailwind boots, Aul Amulet, Cluster jewel setup using the same passives that OP has in his PoB cluster suggestion... its all in there

The chestpiece is different because Ydoum is wearing an explosion chest while clearing maps, but you could just as well use the rhoa chest or a kintsugi + mistall + dancer for defence, depends on what you need.

There isnt 2 ways to spin this build i dont think.

There will be some changes to the tree for this league though, hopefully OP finds the time to update this before start for most players who might be confused.
Well we lose unaffected by poison and a heap of chaos resistance, this is a big nerf. Also the passive tree has change so the normal spot for Piercing shots, Hunters Gambit and Entropy are moved slightly so we can't get them from a large Thread of Hope in the normal position. You can instead slot a large thread of hope below survivalist and get Piercing shot, adder's touch, Precise Interception and poisonous fangs. If you drop down though you lose Soul Raker which was great for leech.

It will be easier to craft a GG wand definitely, I'm interested in seeing how things shake out defensive wise.
"
Fuzzywuzzy37 wrote:
Well we lose unaffected by poison and a heap of chaos resistance, this is a big nerf. Also the passive tree has change so the normal spot for Piercing shots, Hunters Gambit and Entropy are moved slightly so we can't get them from a large Thread of Hope in the normal position. You can instead slot a large thread of hope below survivalist and get Piercing shot, adder's touch, Precise Interception and poisonous fangs. If you drop down though you lose Soul Raker which was great for leech.

It will be easier to craft a GG wand definitely, I'm interested in seeing how things shake out defensive wise.

The thing to keep in mind is that the "nerfs" from the patch notes affects just about most builds out there. Dual wield builds got their free 20% more multiplier removed *schoolgirl giggle*. Every top end crit multi, dual wield DPS builds will suffer here, only a lot of them won't be crying for too long after they realise a GG weapon is within reach.

Comparativelly, this build might have actually gained in damage because of several unique changes like Envy skill, dusk boots and the greater availability of wand crafts.

And so the only thing specifically that really stings is the Antivenom change, since you could instantaneously cap Chaos res with a single Kinetic Blast press in maps. BUT this particular interaction was stupidly cheap for how powerful it is for poison builds and needed gutting...

Nevertheless there is a way around it. You could instead opt to go Chaos Innoculation, and build an ES toon instead, going that route would mean you path to take the Wand nodes on the top of the tree. So the tree def would look different.

If you do this you won't care for the large Scion life wheel to the left. In this case you save points because since we don't have perma flask sustain we need to get Perfect Agony, which as I mentioned is now closer to the tree, so you save on 2 points there ( assuming you take the jewel socket for 2 points anyhow ).

The PoB defo needs to be updated, not saying CI is the way to go necessarily, but it is one way to do it and avoid the antivenom change entirely. You would also be doing yourself a favour because Life gear is probably going to be more expensive than ES. You can look at "RoyceS" profile on PoE.ninja for exactly this, his level 100 Poison wander is CI, though idk how min-maxed it is.
Last edited by Bobirobsan1 on Jun 18, 2020, 12:14:20 AM
"
The PoB defo needs to be updated, not saying CI is the way to go necessarily, but it is one way to do it and avoid the antivenom change entirely. You would also be doing yourself a favour because Life gear is probably going to be more expensive than ES. You can look at "RoyceS" profile on PoE.ninja for exactly this, his level 100 Poison wander is CI, though idk how min-maxed it is.

I had a look at that CI Build, it reaches about 6.6k ES at max unless you count Vaal Discipline with hardly any evasion as well. DPS seems a hell of a lot lower. This also has some very GG gear attached to it with barely any +%ES from the tree so replicating it would cost a lot. I'd much rather stay a life build and try to make it work with all of these crafts I think.
"
Fuzzywuzzy37 wrote:
"

I had a look at that CI Build, it reaches about 6.6k ES at max unless you count Vaal Discipline with hardly any evasion as well. DPS seems a hell of a lot lower. This also has some very GG gear attached to it with barely any +%ES from the tree so replicating it would cost a lot. I'd much rather stay a life build and try to make it work with all of these crafts I think.

You are right, one might aswell make an INT stacking wander at that point as they would produce more damage with over twice the ES for less $$.

There is another option though!

I read through the patch notes and unless I am mistaken, the Watcher's Eye 'Unaffected by Poison' Malevolance mod was not changed!

This single mod on its own would not be too expensive early, and you could transition to 2x Malevolance mods Watchers later in the league.

I do also think that sticking to the lower side of the tree is better. Wind Dancer is now on the tree baseline and is close to some poison and life nodes, probably worth pathing over there for it.
"

I do also think that sticking to the lower side of the tree is better. Wind Dancer is now on the tree baseline and is close to some poison and life nodes, probably worth pathing over there for it.

I've played around with the new tree a bit and some of my variants had Wind Dancer and Eternal Youth.

You'd have to drop Blood Rage for that to work but it might work well with all the avoidance this build has. The build has basically no regen, the life leech never felt very impactful for me, so I'm looking forward to try that as an alternative form of recovery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info