[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

"
I wanted to ask for some advice on how to progress my build. I know more or less what I need to do, but wanted to ask someone more experienced about order in which I should start upgrading my items. Right now it's more of a "free trial" version of this build with not much investment and I sort of hit the wall with it not in terms of clear speed(which is still insane even on hard T16s) but in terms of survivability and damage on high tier map bosses.

One thing I noticed about this build is it gets the majority of its life or damage in the last 10 levels (90-100). I went the offensive route, which means I have just under 5k life at level 90. If I level to 100 it goes up to 6k+. On the flip side, you could take all the life nodes right away, but you'll feel the dip in damage.
This isn't an issue with this build in particular, it's just the way things are building on the life-starved side of the passive tree. You have good life rolls on most of your items, except your chest, so you just need the levels to build a good health pool.

Having said that, I see a few things you could fix, especially with 30ex to work with.

Your hunch about focusing on clusters is spot on, work on that first. Two Feast of Flesh notables gives 20 life gain on hit total, which is huge for sustain.
The particular large cluster in the guide is going for 25ex right now, but you don't need it to be the exact same. Find an 8 passive one with 3 chaos notables (prioritize the one that gives Unholy Might) for 1-2ex.

You can, also swap 1 of your rings for one with life and 16-20 life gain on hit. If you can afford it, two rings with that mod are even better (but very expensive with good resistance rolls).

Do the above first, as it will help your sustain immensely.

Next, swap your chest. Look for life, explode mod, and frenzy charge on hit. All three together are costly. If you can afford one with these mods it will boost your: Survivability (more hp), clear (explosions), and damage (frenzy charges).

You also need a helmet with +2 Power Siphon projectiles. Replace Starjonkas with a rare (90+ life) and the +2 enchant. I know you say it's expensive but I havent found that to be the case, I geared up this build in the last few days and saw a lot for 20-70c. You don't need Starjonkas, a rare is better to help fill out resists. I highly recommend getting accuracy here too, as getting it on your rings with life gain on hit is extremely costly. We use unique gloves so you need to get your accuracy from either: helmet, amulet, or rings. Typically you need around 800-1000 for a good hit chance.

You also have room for some damage on your amulet. Find one with life and Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier, OR, you can use Auls Uprising with Envy (1 ex). Also, if you have the mana leech minor node on the tree, two minus mana cost crafts are enough, you can free up a prefix on one of your items that way.

Your boots and belt look ok, but if you make the gear changes above you'll probably need to upgrade them to something with more resists.

Last, but not least, your gems. 20/20 versions of the normal gems range anywhere from 5-40c. You can also get 3 awakened gems for your power siphon setup: Awaked Unbound Ailments, Awakened Deadly Ailments, and Awakened Added Chaos Damage.

Unleveled versions of these gems are fairly cheap ( <1ex), fully leveled version (Level 5 / 20 Quality are between 1-3 ex each.

With 30ex you should be able to do most of the above. Balancing resists is very hard, which is where a lot of the cost comes in. Due to how resist-starved the build can be, you kinda need to buy all your gear at once because swapping out one item at a time will mess your resists up.

In summary: Clusters first. For gear, I would first buy the helmet, the chest, and your rings. After that amulet, then lastly use your belt and boots to shore up resists. Do gems last.
If you find 30ex isn't enough to achieve all this, ignore the damage from your amulet and use it for life, resists, attributes, and accuracy. You can also drop frenzy from the chest to save multiple exalts, but it is a lot of damage to leave on the table and I highly recommend working it in.

The build uses Anomalous Blod Rage to sustain frenzies vs bosses, but that gem costs 10ex right now. Your way better off to use that currency towards a really good chest.

"
Do I use power siphon for single target and kinetic blast for clear?

Power Siphon for single target and Kinetic Blast for clear
Last edited by Rich85 on Feb 18, 2021, 12:08:22 PM
"
Rich85 wrote:
"
I wanted to ask for some advice on how to progress my build. I know more or less what I need to do, but wanted to ask someone more experienced about order in which I should start upgrading my items. Right now it's more of a "free trial" version of this build with not much investment and I sort of hit the wall with it not in terms of clear speed(which is still insane even on hard T16s) but in terms of survivability and damage on high tier map bosses.

One thing I noticed about this build is it gets the majority of its life or damage in the last 10 levels (90-100). I went the offensive route, which means I have just under 5k life at level 90. If I level to 100 it goes up to 6k+. On the flip side, you could take all the life nodes right away, but you'll feel the dip in damage.
This isn't an issue with this build in particular, it's just the way things are building on the life-starved side of the passive tree. You have good life rolls on most of your items, except your chest, so you just need the levels to build a good health pool.

Having said that, I see a few things you could fix, especially with 30ex to work with.

Your hunch about focusing on clusters is spot on, work on that first. Two Feast of Flesh notables gives 20 life gain on hit total, which is huge for sustain.
The particular large cluster in the guide is going for 25ex right now, but you don't need it to be the exact same. Find an 8 passive one with 3 chaos notables (prioritize the one that gives Unholy Might) for 1-2ex.

You can, also swap 1 of your rings for one with life and 16-20 life gain on hit. If you can afford it, two rings with that mod are even better (but very expensive with good resistance rolls).

Do the above first, as it will help your sustain immensely.

Next, swap your chest. Look for life, explode mod, and frenzy charge on hit. All three together are costly. If you can afford one with these mods it will boost your: Survivability (more hp), clear (explosions), and damage (frenzy charges).

You also need a helmet with +2 Power Siphon projectiles. Replace Starjonkas with a rare (90+ life) and the +2 enchant. I know you say it's expensive but I havent found that to be the case, I geared up this build in the last few days and saw a lot for 20-70c. You don't need Starjonkas, a rare is better to help fill out resists. I highly recommend getting accuracy here too, as getting it on your rings with life gain on hit is extremely costly. We use unique gloves so you need to get your accuracy from either: helmet, amulet, or rings. Typically you need around 800-1000 for a good hit chance.

You also have room for some damage on your amulet. Find one with life and Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier, OR, you can use Auls Uprising with Envy (1 ex). Also, if you have the mana leech minor node on the tree, two minus mana cost crafts are enough, you can free up a prefix on one of your items that way.

Your boots and belt look ok, but if you make the gear changes above you'll probably need to upgrade them to something with more resists.

Last, but not least, your gems. 20/20 versions of the normal gems range anywhere from 5-40c. You can also get 3 awakened gems for your power siphon setup: Awaked Unbound Ailments, Awakened Deadly Ailments, and Awakened Added Chaos Damage.

Unleveled versions of these gems are fairly cheap ( <1ex), fully leveled version (Level 5 / 20 Quality are between 1-3 ex each.

With 30ex you should be able to do most of the above. Balancing resists is very hard, which is where a lot of the cost comes in. Due to how resist-starved the build can be, you kinda need to buy all your gear at once because swapping out one item at a time will mess your resists up.

In summary: Clusters first. For gear, I would first buy the helmet, the chest, and your rings. After that amulet, then lastly use your belt and boots to shore up resists. Do gems last.
If you find 30ex isn't enough to achieve all this, ignore the damage from your amulet and use it for life, resists, attributes, and accuracy. You can also drop frenzy from the chest to save multiple exalts, but it is a lot of damage to leave on the table and I highly recommend working it in.

The build uses Anomalous Blod Rage to sustain frenzies vs bosses, but that gem costs 10ex right now. Your way better off to use that currency towards a really good chest.

God damn, thank you for taking the time to write all this. You post is a great source of information for this build. I'll surely start with cluster jewels.

Like I said - this is a blank piece of paper version of the build. I didn't wanna spend a lot immediately, since my income is fairly limited due to time constraints.
Has anyone tried out the Replica Mistwall instead of the normal one? Seems like it could be a solid choice as physical hits harder than elemental for us, and spell damages are much more likely to land than attacks.
Hi, today I got power siphon 21/23 as well as many awakened gems for my power siphon link and additional power siphon projectile helmet. I also have a lot of the nodes on the cluster and got a wand like the one in POB yet my single target damage is very low still. It takes a while to kill A6 conqs. Can someone help?

https://pastebin.com/NPqESwG4
Would this build be doable without mandatory gear or on SSF?
"
zzlyn wrote:
Would this build be doable without mandatory gear or on SSF?

I have samilar qustion. Is this HCSSF viable?
"
xNinjakiller wrote:
Hi, today I got power siphon 21/23 as well as many awakened gems for my power siphon link and additional power siphon projectile helmet. I also have a lot of the nodes on the cluster and got a wand like the one in POB yet my single target damage is very low still. It takes a while to kill A6 conqs. Can someone help?

https://pastebin.com/NPqESwG4

I have the same problem

https://pastebin.com/Mc7uTzdv
Elder poison mod is gone, is the build dead ?
"
CaligulaYzark wrote:
Elder poison mod is gone, is the build dead ?

In POB I lose about 25% dps if I switch my old elder mod with a top roll of the new one. So, it's still possible, but definitely has been hit hard.
I'm curious on this too, more opinions if this build is still cool for 3.14?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info