Legacy Atziri Acuity and Volatile Dead Leech

Hi,

I'm on standard - yes, I know :(.

Question is:
- Are you able to leech life and mana instantly from the Volatile Dead spell with crit? Specifically the balls?

I couldn't find information regarding the balls itself and how it interacts with instant leech and legacy Atziri Acuity.

Thank you!
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2019, 8:03:29 PM
Mana and life leech is mostly off attack damage these days. Energy can leech off spell damage.

Life leech support gem works with anything that hits though.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Dec 9, 2019, 7:26:27 PM
Does that imply the balls won't leech if they crit?

Confusing as the legacy atziri acuity says leech is instant from critical strikes.

Technically if the balls crit, then won't it mean you would leech?
AA gives you Vaal Pact for 4 secs on crit. I think you still have to be leeching by the normal rules for VP to have an effect.

The balls are either a spell (because the skill is) or, more likely, they are a secondary damage source. Either way, they are definitely not an attack. So you have to have a source of leech that does not require an attack hit.

You could do that with Life Leech Support for Volatile Dead, which leeches on any hit. (I'm pretty sure the balls hit...)

Gotta love the subtleties of this game!

EDIT: I checked POE Ninja for kicks and looked at ~ 10 builds that are running VD. None of them appear to be running any leech off it. Doesn't mean it's not possible - only that it's not a preferred approach for the 100-pushing crowd.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Dec 9, 2019, 7:45:40 PM
Thanks for your responses.

But the thing was legacy atziri acuity isn't technically Vaal Pact, because the legacy variant is - instant leech with critical strikes.

Confusing!
In that case, I assume it would work with the legacy version!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info