Check out the reworked Blast Rain in Conquerors of the Atlas!

*rubs forehead* that's literally just saying the pods can't overlap more from arrow scaling. Please read more carefully. If they could overlap, they'd be shotgunning on the initial hits. But because the arrows spread out the landing locations, they don't increase the dps, only the clearspeed.

Further, there are additional rules about damage over time fields. I was only talking about aoe hit damage. I think multiple casts of vortex can't deal overlapping damage even though you'd think they should (being multiple casts).
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 1, 2019, 9:54:01 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
*rubs forehead* that's literally just saying the pods can't overlap.

Don't waste your time on that guy. I dont get why you could possibly think this skill will do 35% weapon damage per attack on a single target and have 40/40.

This seems very strong to me. Scaling damage through a good amount of sources, just not chain. Full conversion, big inbuilt fire penetration, aoe, potentially good single target and aoe clear. Pretty forward if you ask me.
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
"
codetaku wrote:
*rubs forehead* that's literally just saying the pods can't overlap.

Don't waste your time on that guy. I dont get why you could possibly think this skill will do 35% weapon damage per attack on a single target and have 40/40.

This seems very strong to me. Scaling damage through a good amount of sources, just not chain. Full conversion, big inbuilt fire penetration, aoe, potentially good single target and aoe clear. Pretty forward if you ask me.

I honestly can't even tell if he's trolling at this point.... he sounds so genuine that I wonder if he just doesn't speak English natively.... because that thing he cited on the wiki doesn't support his argument literally at all....

Like... does he not even remember that aoe shotgunning is the entire reason molten strike was meta for like 5 leagues?
Last edited by codetaku on Dec 1, 2019, 9:57:54 PM
I have fond memories of running a map with multiple projectiles and inhabited by humanoids and meeting an Act 1 coast bomb thrower who now had overlapping AoE.
"
TauOrigin wrote:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Toxic_Rain
"
Increasing the number of projectiles appears to drop spores over a larger total area. Since the spore-to-spore distance seems to be the same,[1][2][3] the overlap (and therefore single-target damage) does not increase with greater number of projectiles.

you do realize that the individual areas of each arrow for even toxic rain do hit the same target though, right? AKA "shotgun"
it doesn't seem as good as fire arrow for single target tho. It can get some utility in high res maps or on some bosses that usually do not really care about fire dmg like phoenix guardian(oh wait)

The 100% conversion is extremly headscratching to me, before next patch fire conversions build was more of a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Signal_Fire thing. Imho it's a big door open to putting yellow crit based quiver as first choices, you can have attack speed, flat phys crit mult, crit chance life and res on a yellow quiver and those skill does not benefit clearly from usual unique alternatives either.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 1, 2019, 10:42:28 PM
I for one am happy bow and wand builds are no longer gimped into being forced to use barrage solely for its damage scaling but was an otherwise awful skill that requires you to be hugging the opponent to even hit.

This reworked blast rain looks amazing and will finally be competitive for single target.

Dying sun next league is going to be so stupid expensive in the range of 4-8 exalts I really hope they make a divination card for it despite it being somewhat lazy design.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
So far looks like another noobtrap skill.
And gl to find even bosses stationary enough to hit with that.
"
DarkJen wrote:

You realise there is s bow skill that snares coming right? That + bear trap would make things pretty easy I imagine, as far as stillarizing things goes.

Plus current chill+bonechill, or spider web hinder, already makes it pretty easy to keep things still.
Last edited by Nubman on Dec 1, 2019, 11:54:47 PM
"
Nubman wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:

You realise there is s bow skill that snares coming right? That + bear trap would make things pretty easy I imagine, as far as stillarizing things goes.

Plus current chill+bonechill, or spider web hinder, already makes it pretty easy to keep things still.

ya big problem is toxic rain already does it as an all in one thing. i seriously hope it avoids any nerfs for 3.9 though. its my favourite skill, and as far as im concerned no other bow skill compares to it offensively and defensively

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info