Mechanism of Patch Updates

I play and update using steam.

Whenever there is a new patch or update available, the update process involves the following steps:
1. Creation of a full size new "Content.ggpk" file (which is currently 27.5 GiB size - increasing with each patch)
2. Download of update / patch data into new file
3. Copy of current segments of data from older "Content.ggpk" to said file
4. Replacing the original file with the new updated one.

Such an update methodology consumes more time thrashing the HDD or SSD, and much less time actually downloading the patch data.

Is there any change planned for the content and patch update process? Such a process might become unsustainable with the increasing game size and the updated data for 4.0.0 / PoE2
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2019, 11:55:43 AM
So I guess this thread missed a bit of visibility because it was moved from the Help forum to tech support.

What I would also like to ask other players is:
1. If they are using non-Steam version, is the update mechanism the same as described above?
2. Are other Steam users bugged by the update method that it uses?
"
So I guess this thread missed a bit of visibility because it was moved from the Help forum to tech support.

1. If they are using non-Steam version, is the update mechanism the same as described above?

1. No. Fast & easy "direct patching"
2. Yes.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"

1. No. Fast & easy "direct patching"
2. Yes.

Thank You good sir, for the reply. Good to know that better update method is available.

and that leads me to my next question:
My current characters are on Steam created account. Can I access the same if I use the game-client from the direct GGG website installer?
Yes, send an e-mail to GGG and they will guide you through account creation\linking
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Thanks once more.

I have created an account (this is the new one), but there is some error in linking to my current steam based account.

I'll send an e-mail to support and see what happens.

Else, I'll play on the new one. As is, I don't have any significant progress on the Steam one.!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info