Lagging really hard to the point the game stops working

Hello, I have been having some lags recently, my FPS are always 300+ so it is not an issue but while i'm in the game it would happen randomly.
It's not something that is always there, but when it hits i can't play and i almost always die if i don't have the reflex to log out immediately, which resulted in me losing 6-7 hardcore characters.
So, basically what happens is that i can still move my character and the ennemies that were already on the screen when everything went to shit are still there and they're chasing me but i can't see them dealing damage to me they're just following, i can still use my spells but i won't see it affect anything. it depletes my mana, if i use a flask i hear the sound but i don't see the effect. if i keep spamming my attacks and my flasks, when the ''freeze'' ends i can all of a sudden see all the ennemies i killed and all my flasks used, so it's like i'm still playing but i don't see what's happening? i don't know it's weird. One more thing i play in networking mode predictive and when i tried to change it to lockstep i would still have the ''freezes'' but my character would stop moving and respo9nding altogether, which i thought was nice, that way when i freeze i'm still safe, turns out the monsters are ok i just can't see the action so when i logged out after 1 min of this my character was back in standard league (I died in hardcore).
I ran winMTR and during the runtime i lagged like this only once, in predictive mode, but contrary to what happened so far, this freeze lasted for a good 3 minutes before i got tired and logged out.
Here's the winMTR link : https://pastebin.com/k26sg8hs

One more random info, i am using wi-fi and using a cable is not possible.

Hope someone can help me because i really like the game and would very much like to be able to play it without the fear of losing my hardcore characters.
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2019, 9:35:15 AM
+1
+1
Same
+1
sorry to hear that you are having problems playing PoE, but per forum guidelines you are only allowed to bump your tread once per day.
So please follow forum guidelines. :)
I'm sorry, i didn't read the rules since i'm not interested in your forum.
I would much rather be able to communicate by email regarding my troubles, but POE decided that this is how they wanted to fix problems? i'm bumping it because it's been up for 1 entire day and i don't even have a 'sorry, we will look into it' answer from anyone.
"
FrozenSkar wrote:
Hello, I have been having some lags recently, my FPS are always 300+ so it is not an issue but while i'm in the game it would happen randomly.
It's not something that is always there, but when it hits i can't play and i almost always die if i don't have the reflex to log out immediately, which resulted in me losing 6-7 hardcore characters.
So, basically what happens is that i can still move my character and the ennemies that were already on the screen when everything went to shit are still there and they're chasing me but i can't see them dealing damage to me they're just following, i can still use my spells but i won't see it affect anything. it depletes my mana, if i use a flask i hear the sound but i don't see the effect. if i keep spamming my attacks and my flasks, when the ''freeze'' ends i can all of a sudden see all the ennemies i killed and all my flasks used, so it's like i'm still playing but i don't see what's happening? i don't know it's weird. One more thing i play in networking mode predictive and when i tried to change it to lockstep i would still have the ''freezes'' but my character would stop moving and respo9nding altogether, which i thought was nice, that way when i freeze i'm still safe, turns out the monsters are ok i just can't see the action so when i logged out after 1 min of this my character was back in standard league (I died in hardcore).
I ran winMTR and during the runtime i lagged like this only once, in predictive mode, but contrary to what happened so far, this freeze lasted for a good 3 minutes before i got tired and logged out.
Here's the winMTR link : https://pastebin.com/k26sg8hs

One more random info, i am using wi-fi and using a cable is not possible.

Hope someone can help me because i really like the game and would very much like to be able to play it without the fear of losing my hardcore characters.

well sorry to say, but the first thing you need to try is not using WIFI.
So go to the store and buy a long CAT6 cable and plug that directly into your pc.

As you can see from your WinMTR report -->
dlinkrouter - 1 | 1298 | 1296 | 0 | 2 | 104 | 1 |
You are getting 1% packet loss between your PC and your ISP device + latency spikes up to 104 ms. Both things are bad for PoE.
The IP you used in your WinMTR report, is that the PoE gateway IP or the INSTANCE IP ?

If you "like" the forum or not, you still have to follow the forum guidelines.
Thank you for your help, i know that WI-FI isn't the best but i have no choice. I saw the packet loss but losing 1% is keeping me from playing the game altogether? i didn't think it would matter that much. You should advertise that your game can't run on Wi-Fi that's kind of a big deal you know. Have a great day, if you can't help me more than this you can close this thread.
"
FrozenSkar wrote:
Thank you for your help, i know that WI-FI isn't the best but i have no choice. I saw the packet loss but losing 1% is keeping me from playing the game altogether? i didn't think it would matter that much. You should advertise that your game can't run on Wi-Fi that's kind of a big deal you know. Have a great day, if you can't help me more than this you can close this thread.

well what you are reporting is a desync between the server and the client.
Witch is also why your game reacts so poorly when you are using lockstep.
The way GGG communication profile is made, packet loss and lag will just make it impossible to play.

But you still didn't answer the question about the IP from your WinMTR -->
The IP you used in your WinMTR report, is that the PoE gateway IP or the INSTANCE IP ?

However ypu can hope that it will get better when Blight is removed from the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info