Suggestions on a tanky build with decent clear speed.

Looking for suggestions on a build, any build really, that is borderline unkillable with at least a decent clear speed. Any skills/gear/class are all open for suggestion.
Last bumped on Nov 17, 2019, 1:41:14 AM
no build is borderline unkillable - as in you can just walk around and not pay attention to stuff.

but tons of builds can be borderline unkillable if you play them as such. its more a playstyle than a stat, is what im trying to get at.
Okay, allow me to put it another way:

What’s a good, tanky build that doesn’t get lol-shot from something off screen and only really dies if you do something stupid like stand next to exploding strongboxes or try to facetank Uber Elder beams — that also happens to have a decently tolerable clear speed?
any strength stacking minion build. You can very high life/es with little investment, and damage is never a problem with minion build.
Shouldn't focus too much on tankiness. Early in the league, everyone is vulnerable to endgame bosses.
You need a safe boss killer, which means you don't have to cast your skill all the time to deal damage. Second option is to have super high damage, so that you don't need to cast it all the time to kill bosses efficiently.

Next league, ballista builds might be good at bossing. But meta builds will always be expensive.
Spell totems, minions, and mines are solid bossing builds as well.

I'm not sure about storm brand because the damage is quite low(unless with gg gear).

Damage over time builds are good. Again, you don't need to cast skills repeatedly.
Ignites, caustic arrow, ED/bane, etc.

Also, link spells with CWC and cyclone gives great mobility during boss fights. But early in the league, you don't have gg gear to boost your damage, compared to mine and totem builds.

Always keep in mind that traps/mines, chaos damage, Elementalist, and Slayer can run reflect maps. More efficiency.

This is how I choose my starter build every league to complete the atlas fast (including shaper and uber elder).
To know exactly what build to play, you need to check the new ascendancy change. Hope this helps.
Last edited by zhenyaowen on Nov 16, 2019, 7:50:36 AM
"
buttcommander wrote:
any strength stacking minion build. You can very high life/es with little investment, and damage is never a problem with minion build.

This is what I’m using now. I’m level 98 with 10k EHP yet I’m randomly one-shot by things off screen before I can even react. Last time was some random rare with a spectral throw-like ability. Not even running crazy map mods either. It’s becoming frustrating so I was looking to try something different.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2589795

My Juggernaut is loosely based on this build and even with my far from optimal gear i can attest for it's tankyness. I leveled from 94 to 95 in Depth 300 delves deathless in a few hours. Killspeed is also decent, at least by my measure but if your used to fotm builds like summoner it's probably not going to be enough for you.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2589795

My Juggernaut is loosely based on this build and even with my far from optimal gear i can attest for it's tankyness. I leveled from 94 to 95 in Depth 300 delves deathless in a few hours. Killspeed is also decent, at least by my measure but if your used to fotm builds like summoner it's probably not going to be enough for you.

I was just looking at something similar — molten strike juggernaut. This looks quite promising. How does your build differ from this guide?
The skill gem mostly. The build can be played with pretty much any melee skill, Tecslam, MS, Cyclone whatever suits you. You just have to adjust the skill tree a little.
Only thing mandatory for the build are the weapons, those Nebulochs play a large role for the builds tankyness.
As to which of the skills is best that's up to preference i guess. Moltenstrike can abuse LoH effects really well making it tankier, it also doesn't use up Endurance Charges.
Downside is that it feels really clunky sometimes, especially with slow weapons such as Nebuloch and in boss fights if you switch out MS/AC for a damage skill gem. Using a strike skill without those isn't everyones cup of tea to say the least.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Nov 16, 2019, 12:33:34 PM
Mjolnir cyclone/ball lightning mana guardian, with an es on hit discipline watchers eye. Easy enough to get 12k+ es, and can recover ~6k es per second. Clear speed is good enough to do all content in the game comfortably, outside ele reflect. Look at my noob_can_take_a_hit character for reference - does not need to dodge anything in the game outside of shaper balls, and it has a lot of room for improvement.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info