I've been Hacked

Today as of 3/17/2013 my account have been hacked. I wasn't able to log into my account but fortunately, i was able to use the PoE website to check my stash and character's equipment. Unfortunately it was all gone, but i was hoping that there can be some sort of rollback and if not, i just want this to be a message that your account isn't as safe as it is. Frequently change your password and make sure to have some sort of recovery for your email just to fortify your chances of recovering your account back. While looking for some form of help on the forums, i've also notice that there have been multiple people who is in situation similar to mine. Best of luck to all of those PoE Fans out there, it is unfortunate that i have lost my fun at playing the game when i have lost all of my gears that make my build viable.
Last edited by FeedaDuck on Mar 17, 2013, 6:38:23 PM
"
FeedaDuck wrote:
Today as of 3/17/2013 my account have been hacked. I wasn't able to log into my account but fortunately, i was able to use the PoE website to check my stash and character's equipment. Unfortunately it was all gone, but i was hoping that there can be some sort of rollback and if not, i just want this to be a message that your account isn't as safe as it is. Frequently change your password and make sure to have some sort of recovery for your email just to fortify your chances of recovering your account back. While looking for some form of help on the forums, i've also notice that there have been multiple people who is in situation similar to mine. Best of luck to all of those PoE Fans out there, it is unfortunate that i have lost my fun at playing the game when i have lost all of my gears that make my build viable.

The security breach is on your end, and they likely have access to your email as well if the account security login feature was access. Check your IP logs.
It might be on my end, im not going to deny it. but it all seems a little bit, uneasy that other have also been hacked. it brings ME an feeling that the fault is not entirely of my doing.
"
FeedaDuck wrote:
It might be on my end, im not going to deny it. but it all seems a little bit, uneasy that other have also been hacked. it brings ME an feeling that the fault is not entirely of my doing.

It is. This game has over a million active accounts. Think about it, there are what, like 20 people complaining today about being hacked? That's like .002% of the population - insignificant.
I don't think PoE have reached millions quite yet. BTW i did say im not going to deny it lol.
Last edited by FeedaDuck on Mar 17, 2013, 7:41:01 PM
POE just passed 2 million accounts last week I believe.
RIP Bolto
"
Covert wrote:
POE just passed 2 million accounts last week I believe.

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info