Map farming?

Hello,

I'm new to PoE since it's added maps and the atlas system for end game and I am a little confused. I got my current character to lvl 83, which is the highest I've leveled to so far and I've been running maps non-stop the past two weeks, and all I'm getting is T1, T2, and occasionally a T3 and that's it. I've yet to get anything above a T3, no shaper maps. I keep seeing people talk about doing T15 and T16 maps, and fighting shaper and elder all the time but like how? Am I just supremely unlucky, or am I doing something wrong?
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2019, 4:04:06 PM
Keep going :)

Use the 3:1 map recipe and Zanas store to get access to maps you havent unlocked so far.
For some reason its kinda harder to break into yellow maps than it used to be.

It can be a really annoying slog, but you´ll get there eventually.
Also use Zanas "same tier, different map" option, when you have reached yellow maps and you tend drop always the same maps over and over again.
"
Kugronn wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to PoE since it's added maps and the atlas system for end game and I am a little confused. I got my current character to lvl 83, which is the highest I've leveled to so far and I've been running maps non-stop the past two weeks, and all I'm getting is T1, T2, and occasionally a T3 and that's it. I've yet to get anything above a T3, no shaper maps. I keep seeing people talk about doing T15 and T16 maps, and fighting shaper and elder all the time but like how? Am I just supremely unlucky, or am I doing something wrong?

I see from your account date that you are a legit old-timer getting back into the game. I'll be online today. message me and I'll give you a handful of tier 11 maps to get you started.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Kugronn wrote:
Hello,

I see from your account date that you are a legit old-timer getting back into the game. I'll be online today. message me and I'll give you a handful of tier 11 maps to get you started.

Ok, Next time I'm on I will hit you up. Thanks a bunch!
From someone else who also played before the Atlas was really a thing...

Map sustain is definitely balanced around also being able to get map drops from Betrayal, Incursion, and Delve mechanics. Make sure to do your master missions at every opportunity. I found I was also getting stuck at low level maps a lot when I just tried to grind the atlas, and mixing in other content helped a ton.

Also, buy new maps from Zana at every opportunity.
You can also use harbinger orbs to change the map to one of the tier above. I'm SSF and I have 17 at this point (if I remember correctly) and I keep forgetting to use the bloody things. I also came into the league very late, so clearly they aren't rare :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info