Elemental Army Support Q's

Hi

If I use a low dmg summon+Elemental Army Support and my team mate does RF dmg. Would the enamys receive -10% fire res ?
Last edited by PONshinigami on Nov 12, 2019, 12:51:26 AM
Last bumped on Nov 18, 2019, 11:33:18 PM
Yes. If your minion(s) deal fire damage, of course.
Last edited by zecoratul on Nov 12, 2019, 1:06:55 AM
Keep in mind that this will not stack with other sources of exposure such as Scorching Ray.
ops dub post
Last edited by PONshinigami on Nov 15, 2019, 2:31:55 PM
"
Keep in mind that this will not stack with other sources of exposure such as Scorching Ray.

Bummer. I figured seeing that there is no max on lowering enemies resistance it would stack.

I was hoping to have these in my team to help RF/SRS/Sumonner :
3x SR totome's = would thees stack ?
3x Pyroclast Mine = each Mine Adds Fire Dmg to Hits against Enemies near it. It has tag "AURA" Will this add dmg to all stack's, Will this help RF/SRS/Sumonner?
elemintal weaknes
Flammability
anger(aura)

Will all these stack ? You say EAS will not stack with SR. Can you tel me what will stack for my team of RF/SRS/Sumonner ?
"
PONshinigami wrote:
"

Bummer. I figured seeing that there is no max on lowering enemies resistance it would stack.

3x Pyroclast Mine = each Mine Adds Fire Dmg to Hits against Enemies near it. It has tag "AURA" Will this add dmg to all stack's, Will this help RF/SRS/Sumonner?
elemintal weaknes
Flammability
anger(aura)

Will all these stack ? You say EAS will not stack with SR. Can you tel me what will stack for my team of RF/SRS/Sumonner ?
There is no maximum on lowering enemy resistances, but effects labeled "Exposure" don't stack with other Exposure effects of the same element. Scorching Ray applies 25% Fire Exposure at maximum stacks. Having three such totems will help you reach maximum stacks more quickly, but won't increase the total Exposure. Elemental Army Support only applies 10% Exposure, which won't have any effect since SR's Exposure is higher. Note that EAS also grants more elemental damage to the summoned minions, so it's still worth considering.

Flammability and Elemental Weakness both reduce resistances, but neither applies Exposure, so they stack with each other and with Exposure. Note that you'll need a source of an additional curse to apply both. Anger and Pyroclast Mine's aura don't have anything to do with resistances, and they'll both work just fine with any skill or minion that hits enemies. They don't work with Righteous Fire or other skills that deal only damage over time.

One other option you should consider for either a Righteous Fire or elemental minion build is the Elemental Equilibrium keystone. It applies -50% Fire Resistance to enemies you hit with Cold or Lightning damage. Righteous Fire doesn't hit, and minions don't inherit EE from you, so you can hit an enemy once and the resistance penalty will stick. A good way to take advantage of it (assuming you can apply two curses) would be to use Arc + Curse on Hit + Flammability + Elemental Weakness, to apply EE and both curses all at once.
"
ekaye wrote:
"
PONshinigami wrote:
"

elemintal weaknes
Flammability
anger(aura)

There is no maximum on lowering enemy resistances, but effects labeled "Exposure" don't stack with other Exposure effects of the same element. Scorching Ray applies 25% Fire Exposure at maximum stacks. Having three such totems will help you reach maximum stacks more quickly, but won't increase the total Exposure. Elemental Army Support only applies 10% Exposure, which won't have any effect since SR's Exposure is higher. Note that EAS also grants more elemental damage to the summoned minions, so it's still worth considering.

Flammability and Elemental Weakness both reduce resistances, but neither applies Exposure, so they stack with each other and with Exposure. Note that you'll need a source of an additional curse to apply both. Anger and Pyroclast Mine's aura don't have anything to do with resistances, and they'll both work just fine with any skill or minion that hits enemies. They don't work with Righteous Fire or other skills that deal only damage over time.

One other option you should consider for either a Righteous Fire or elemental minion build is the Elemental Equilibrium keystone. It applies -50% Fire Resistance to enemies you hit with Cold or Lightning damage. Righteous Fire doesn't hit, and minions don't inherit EE from you, so you can hit an enemy once and the resistance penalty will stick. A good way to take advantage of it (assuming you can apply two curses) would be to use Arc + Curse on Hit + Flammability + Elemental Weakness, to apply EE and both curses all at once.

omg ty so much 4 info..
So summons will not get the -50% from EE. If a team mates minions have aura haterid can thay trigger EE ? And what about if I don't have EE skill tree and team mate does. Will it affect my enemies ?
Last edited by PONshinigami on Nov 15, 2019, 11:57:23 PM
That's not exactly how it works. Elemental Equilibrium applies its resistance modifiers to enemies you hit with your skills, i.e. enemies you hit yourself or with your traps, mines, or totems. Minions and party members don't use your skills, so they won't apply EE (unless of course the party member also took it), but they can still benefit from it.

One thing to look out for when using EE is that you must not deal any fire damage with hits yourself, or the enemy will gain fire resistance instead of losing it. That means you don't want to use Anger or party with players who use it, and if you use Pyroclast Mine to add fire damage to minion hits, you need to apply EE before laying the mines.
Does anyone know if 3 skeleton mages, firing 3 different elements, apply -10% to all three elements?
"
ekaye wrote:
That's not exactly how it works. Elemental Equilibrium applies its resistance modifiers to enemies you hit with your skills, i.e. enemies you hit yourself or with your traps, mines, or totems. Minions and party members don't use your skills, so they won't apply EE (unless of course the party member also took it), but they can still benefit from it.

One thing to look out for when using EE is that you must not deal any fire damage with hits yourself, or the enemy will gain fire resistance instead of losing it. That means you don't want to use Anger or party with players who use it, and if you use Pyroclast Mine to add fire damage to minion hits, you need to apply EE before laying the mines.

So my team mates EE can only trigger for there skills ? I'm lost. I thout the +25% and -50% would apply for every one's enamys.
Last edited by PONshinigami on Nov 18, 2019, 12:51:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info