Weapon Effects Not Applying to Both Weapons While Dual Wielding

I would like to report that like half of the weapon effect I have do not apply to both weapons when dual wielding, which is pretty irritating, just bought the Celestial Weapon Effect for 275 and it work only one one weapon... I don't want to do Two-Hander now.

While some others like the Lich Weapon Effect work fine on both, or Harpy or Empyrian etc.

Can this please get fixed ? I remember this being issue for a long time.

Thanks.
Last bumped on Nov 13, 2019, 3:43:46 PM
Only supporter effect apply to both weapons.
All other effects unless stated only apply to the weapon they are equiped on.
"
gjennks1 wrote:
Only supporter effect apply to both weapons.
All other effects unless stated only apply to the weapon they are equiped on.

Oh, I see.

But, is that intended ? Doesn't seem to make much sense that if one wants to play dual wield build, he has to pay twice the price of someone who plays 2-hander, or staff build.
Yes, of course it's intended, that's why gjennks1 told you how it works. And as for the why, would you pay $400+ twice to dual wield Supporter pack MTX's?

No bug here.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
Yes, of course it's intended, that's why gjennks1 told you how it works. And as for the why, would you pay $400+ twice to dual wield Supporter pack MTX's?

No bug here.

No, most probably not.

But it's still absurd imho. It's not like dual wielding is twice as strong or whatever, it's just different weapon set.

And this system is basically doubling the cost of MTX for people who enjoy DW more than two handed weapons, or one hander and shield.

Like how does this makes sense :

You wanna play 2h sword ? Ok MTX is 10$
You wanna play staff ? 10$
You wanna play 1h mace and shield ? 10$
You wanna play dual swords ? lol ok, 20$ dude!

It's inconsistent.

Imagine shield body armor MTX costing twice more than evasion body armor, that would be ridiculous right ?

"
Flisker_2 wrote:
It's inconsistent.

It isn't if you look at it differently.

MTX, at their core, are effects which apply to items. Each time you buy a copy, you can apply that MTX to one item at a time. So, if you buy a pair of boots, you can have that skin apply to your Blight League's Hierophant - but not your Standard League's Assassin, without first removing them from the other character's boots.

So when you're dual-wielding, you have two weapons equipped. And 'normal' weapon effect MTX follow the rules by only being applicable to one per purchased copy.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Flisker_2 wrote:
It's inconsistent.

It isn't if you look at it differently.

So when you're dual-wielding, you have two weapons equipped. And 'normal' weapon effect MTX follow the rules by only being applicable to one per purchased copy.

Yes of course, but that's exactly my objection.

And it's not inconsistent just in this matter, playing dual wield costing player double the price compared to playing other options.

But, it is also inconsistent when it comes to supporter packs, because as Aragorn14 argued, it would be absurd if one payed 400$ for pack just to find out, that the weapon skin in that supporter pack applies to the staff, 2 handed weapons, one handed weapon + shield ... but, ehm you're kinda out of luck with dual wield and you would have to pay additional price so you could do dual wield. I think everyone would agree that, that kind of situation would be just ridiculous.

Well... me buying expensive weapon effect and finding out, that I can't use it on dual wield... is exactly the same situation. As someone buying league supporter pack.

It's not about the price, it's about consistency.

There are relatively cheap supporter pack, the league supporters are not super expensive. And yet it makes sense, the weapon effect applies on all weapon options for one character. While, if you buy, as I did, the 27.5$ Celestial Weapon Effect... you're screwed, if you are into dual wielding, because suddenly it's another 27.5$ surprise. Which basically lands you at the price of full league supporter pack which will also give you extra points, so it's basically significantly more expensive than the supporter pack, the pack in which Aragorn14 argues, it makes sense to provide weapon effect for dual wielding also.

TLDR: Not consistent at all sir.
Thanks for your feedback on this Flisker_2. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused but I've passed your thoughts on Weapon Effects onwards to be taken into consideration.

If you're unhappy with any purchases you've made, please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com! We'll be happy to check into how we can help.
"
Al_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your feedback on this Flisker_2. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused but I've passed your thoughts on Weapon Effects onwards to be taken into consideration.

If you're unhappy with any purchases you've made, please feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com! We'll be happy to check into how we can help.

Thank you very much for reply Al. Really appreciate that this gets at least some consideration.

I'm fine in terms of purchases, I'm happy to support all your work, the game is amazing.

It's just, this one particular thing, always looked like an obvious bug to me. I just never ended up posting about it, since I thought it will get solved kinda by itself. (Meaning you guys will fix it :) without anyone pointing it out. )

It's just so weird design, that packs "work" fine, but single transactions doesn't and one gets basically strong "MTX" cost penalty for playing DW instead of bow, staff, 2handers, 1h and shield, just 1h (Oni-Goroshi or White Wind etc.)

And I really like DW :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info