Can't figure out what I'm dying to... Helppp!!!

Hello, I just started playing PoE again and everything was going smooth up until I hit maps. Now normally I'd be fine if I died to bleed or any regular DoT in the game but this doesn't seem normal. Currently playing an Arc Saboteur on Standard Blight League and after I got to maps I noticed that I had died very quickly and had no time to react. I thought this was normal cause I had messed up but soon came to realize that wasn't it. Normally I play very quick and up close with my Sabo, but I decided to take my time and play from a distance. What I ended up finding out is every time I use my traps on a mob I end up hurting myself. Normally you'd say its probably a reflect which was what I was thinking but I went to act 1 and found a group of mobs with no mods on them they were common as well and It still happened. I've asked around and lots of people have said it could be corrupted blood which I have a jewel to nullify that. Its not any of the standard DoT's either like bleed or poison either since I have a potions with the nullify and remove. I've been racking up brain up trying to figure out what this is so I can continue playing yet nothing has turned up. Any help would be appreciated I really would like to continue on with the game. It's to the point where I can't even get past the the first part of the 3rd tier ascendant maze....
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2019, 4:47:16 AM
Unless you are using Scold's Bridle, there is practically no way to hurt yourself by throwing traps.

Your characters need to be set to be publically visible for us to say anything specific.

Anyway, the chances are that you are actually killed by something else that you don't notice, like arrows or similar.

Are you sure your resistances are capped? After defeating Kitava in Act 10, you get another -30%. What is your life / ES pool, and what other defences do you have? (It will be possible to see that if you just set the characters to public too)
without knowing your gear my vote goes to Shimmeron, read that last line a few times.
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Nov 8, 2019, 6:42:30 AM
"
No1camper wrote:
Hello, I just started playing PoE again and everything was going smooth up until I hit maps. Now normally I'd be fine if I died to bleed or any regular DoT in the game but this doesn't seem normal. Currently playing an Arc Saboteur on Standard Blight League and after I got to maps I noticed that I had died very quickly and had no time to react. I thought this was normal cause I had messed up but soon came to realize that wasn't it. Normally I play very quick and up close with my Sabo, but I decided to take my time and play from a distance. What I ended up finding out is every time I use my traps on a mob I end up hurting myself. Normally you'd say its probably a reflect which was what I was thinking but I went to act 1 and found a group of mobs with no mods on them they were common as well and It still happened. I've asked around and lots of people have said it could be corrupted blood which I have a jewel to nullify that. Its not any of the standard DoT's either like bleed or poison either since I have a potions with the nullify and remove. I've been racking up brain up trying to figure out what this is so I can continue playing yet nothing has turned up. Any help would be appreciated I really would like to continue on with the game. It's to the point where I can't even get past the the first part of the 3rd tier ascendant maze....

What DER_PSYCHOPATH says, put your characters public and we may be able to help you in this, and unless you are using some kind of blood magic or Scold's Bridle, there is no way you are damaging yourself throwing traps.
"
Aalzien wrote:
"
No1camper wrote:

What DER_PSYCHOPATH says, put your characters public and we may be able to help you in this, and unless you are using some kind of blood magic or Scold's Bridle, there is no way you are damaging yourself throwing traps.

oh, there is and it's quite easy to suicide ;)
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
"
Aalzien wrote:
"
No1camper wrote:

oh, there is and it's quite easy to suicide ;)

Well yes, I meant you cannot hurt yourself "throwning traps" outside of Blood Magic and Scold's, Shimmeron's inflict you damage when any of your skills deals a critical strike, not only your traps.
Slavedrivers hand will make u use life instead of mana for traps also.
Thank you to everyone who replied I very much appreciate it and found my problem. I guess I hadn't properly read all of Shimmeron's effects and that would happen to be my issue so i'm gonna close this off. Thank you once again everyone!
"
Nubman wrote:
Slavedrivers hand will make u use life instead of mana for traps also.

Aye, those have Blood Magic incorporated :)
Machina Mitts if you use mines should solve the issue (shimmeron)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Machina_Mitts

Otherwise capped lightning res, max res (purity of lightning), Topaz flask and Life regen should help with the issue.
Last edited by Rakiii on Nov 9, 2019, 4:48:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info