The true end game is Fishing.

"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
csabijo wrote:
I fish all-day don't even map
I just spend all day fishing
Frankly, I don't see any problems with this game fishing is Afterall the true end game I never even seen the 4 guardians or shaper or whatever is at end

u don't think so prove me wrong!

What do you do with all the red herrings you catch? I caught so many that I had to give up on fishing because not enough stash space.

3 red herrings + 1H weapon = +5 to quality and +3 to skill gem levels
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
csabijo wrote:
I fish all-day don't even map
I just spend all day fishing
Frankly, I don't see any problems with this game fishing is Afterall the true end game I never even seen the 4 guardians or shaper or whatever is at end

u don't think so prove me wrong!

What do you do with all the red herrings you catch? I caught so many that I had to give up on fishing because not enough stash space.

3 red herrings + 1H weapon = +5 to quality and +3 to skill gem levels
Didn't know about that recipe. It seems to only give corrupted Driftwood Clubs though. Not sure what I'd do with those.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
WHERE IS MONSTAMUNCH???

Is probably sad the amount of people that will even understand what you are talking about lol.

True Darth, true.

Spoiler
I believe the feathers increase the drop chance for a rod, but you have to be wearing the tricorne for it to be a possibility at all. I'm also under the impression that the feathers are an essential part of interacting with Krillson, though again I have to find him again to confirm.

Afaik the main things that boost the chances are:

- Eternalling the tricorne (though the tricorne must be worn no matter what, unless in coward's trail)

- Running 3 circles around the waypoint after entering a new instance

- Typing #Jabberjawsyoloswag in global chat at the start of each new instance

- Carrying a stack of feathers as you farm

And an imprint of a Fairgrave's Tricorne. It's also possible there are other requirements I don't know yet.

You can't find the rod without wearing a Tricorne unless it's in Coward's Trail (which ignores drop requirements). Feathers and other stuff greatly improve the chances of it dropping, but I believe the Tricorne is an actual requirement.

afaik means as far as I know (ie, not sure).

Can't reveal my item ever, even after it's found, I made a promise to GGG. Others can find it and do what they want, idc. Sorry, don't mean to be rude but I got the rod i I needed so don't really care whether you believe me or not, makes no difference.

All these people who don't believe in fishing are going to look like a bunch of idiots when my unique comes out. Just sayin'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just so I don't get accused of having any insider info or anything dumb like that: Rhoa feathers are fishing related. No joke

I've already clearly stated that the feathers can be used in conjunction with another item as part of PoE's fishing mechanics. I wasn't kidding, despite what everyone claims.

We have to wait for the NPC from Sarn. It's not possible to go fishing without him afaik.

Though honestly, that's something that confuses me, because I've seen screenshots of other people fishing and I couldn't see him there. The mystery deepens?

You actually just need the Tricorne afaik, though there seem to be other things that increase the rod droprate. The imprint is for when you meet Krillson, or at least it seems to be, I have to find him again to be sure.

...but the tricorne doesn't just help, you straight up can't get the rod without it outside of Coward's Trail.

Not anymore, but incidentally, you do have a higher chance of finding a rod in Dread Thicket than in most other areas.

Again, for the billionth time, the item I designed is fishing related and not SotS. I can't tell you what it is, but it should be pretty easy to guess.

The following info is 100% accurate, no trolling involved:

I agreed with Chris that I wouldn't tell anyone what my custom designed item is (the one I got from my Diamond supporter thing), so I won't. However, I can tell you that it is related to fishing, and that it is NOT SotS. I can also tell you that my item is obtainable now. Just because people haven't found something, that doesn't mean it can't be found (caught? :s), especially if said people don't even believe that the something is real in the first place.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Yes, but where are the Transmogrification fish?

I've only gotten 1 feather:

So from what I'm reading I have to have that in my inventory and also wear a Tricorne hat. Does the hat have to be the unique one or will any work to get a fishing rod to drop? I do have plenty of Fairgraves':
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 8, 2019, 2:54:19 AM
Fishing is so overrated in this game... ur better off harvest em sweet plants and craft some immortality potions!
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The true endgame is the forums. That's axiomatic.
Charan beat the game.

LOL
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
A fishing thread! It's been a while...

If you also summon Monstamunch, you win an albino trout.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
A fishing thread! It's been a while...

If you also summon Monstamunch, you win an albino trout.

I miss Monstamunch.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
DoubleU wrote:
WHERE IS MONSTAMUNCH???

I do miss him. Those threads are really nothing much without his flair.
Second-class poe gamer
yeah I am hoping 4.0 buffs fishing I cant fish 2 ex anymore or 1 ex
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info