Crafting question (ED bow)

When I bought the bow, it has 1 prefix and 3 suffixes (+1 str, int, dex gems).
Then I annul off the +1 to dexterity gems mod.

I don't know how to craft it next. Here are some possible results:
Option 1: (8ex required)
P: 40% chaos damage over time multiplier
+1 socketed gems
+2 support gems
S: +1 strength gems
+1 intelligence gems
Can have multiple crafted mods

Option 2: (2ex required)
P: 40% chaos damage over time multiplier
+1 socketed gems
20% more spell damage
+1 intelligence gems

Option 3: (4 ex required)
P: +2 support gems
+1 socketed gems
20% more spell damage
+1 intelligence gems

Which one gives more dps for ED build? Someone told me that the first one gives much higher dps than the others. I need to make sure of this before I spend that 8 ex and destroy the 20% more spell damage mod.
This is the build that I'm following: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181

I don't know how to compare these theory crafted bows in PoB (dunno how to create those fossil mods).

Btw, if you know any build that fits better with this bow, tell me! Highly appreciated.
Last edited by zhenyaowen on Nov 7, 2019, 3:22:05 AM
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2019, 6:56:44 AM
It looks like you've decided not to go with the recommended bow mods in the build for whatever reason? If you want to compare this to the bow in the guide, you just mouse over the bow in your inventory and <CTRL-C> it. Then put your cursor in the Shared Items box of the Items screen in thh guide's PoB and <CTRL-V> to paste it in. Then choose Edit and add whatever add'l mod text you want on the bow. Then Add to Build.

You can do that several times if you want to test several versions.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 7, 2019, 12:35:03 PM
Up to level 30, two levels for ED (which is what the socket mods provide) are worth about 24% more damage. If your final ED level with those mods would be 31, then the more spell damage modifier would be better.

The chaos DoT multi mod is better if you have less than 100% chaos DoT multi from other sources. If you have more, then it is worth less than the more spell damage.

If you have no more than 125% chaos DoT multi from other sources, 40% chaos DoT multi will be better than one of the gem level prefixes if the final level is 31. If the final level is 32, then the chaos DoT multi will be better than a gem level prefix unless the chaos DoT multi from other sources exceeds 248%.

I hope this will be enough information.
"
Up to level 30, two levels for ED (which is what the socket mods provide) are worth about 24% more damage. If your final ED level with those mods would be 31, then the more spell damage modifier would be better.

The chaos DoT multi mod is better if you have less than 100% chaos DoT multi from other sources. If you have more, then it is worth less than the more spell damage.

If you have no more than 125% chaos DoT multi from other sources, 40% chaos DoT multi will be better than one of the gem level prefixes if the final level is 31. If the final level is 32, then the chaos DoT multi will be better than a gem level prefix unless the chaos DoT multi from other sources exceeds 248%.

I hope this will be enough information.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info