Crafting question

On the crafting bench, every craftable mod has an item level tag behind it.
For example, the "+2 to level of socketed support gems" mod has a "ilvl 80" tag.

However, when I search for short bows on poe trade, some of them are only ilvl 50, acquired from the porcupine cards. And these bows have "+2 support gems" crafted on them.

Someone explain this to me?
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2019, 3:23:48 AM
the crafting bench does not say anything about ilvl. You can craft any mod on any ilvl item. What does the crafted mod affect is the level requirement of an item
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
the crafting bench does not say anything about ilvl. You can craft any mod on any ilvl item. What does the crafted mod affect is the level requirement of an item

So if the required level is 5, and I craft +2 support gems, the required level goes up to 80, right?
Btw, appreciate your help!
Correct. This is about the required character level.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 6, 2019, 3:11:44 AM
The requirement goes up to 80% of the highest itemlevel of its mods. If that mod requires ilvl 80 to roll naturally (even if it cannot roll naturally, like this crafted mod), then the level requirement will be 64.
"
The requirement goes up to 80% of the highest itemlevel of its mods. If that mod requires ilvl 80 to roll naturally (even if it cannot roll naturally, like this crafted mod), then the level requirement will be 64.

Thank you! This is very interesting!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info