Question on crafting

There is an item with 1 prefix and 2 suffixes, and I just want the prefix. When I craft prefix cannot be changed and use scouring orb, it will turn into a magic item, right?

Now, let me change the situation.
I have an item with 2 prefixes and 1 suffix, and I only need the suffix. I craft "can have multiple mods"(S) + "suffix cannot be changed"(P). Then I use the scouring orb. Will the item turn into a magic one? Or maybe this time, it's a rare one with two suffixes (the suffix I want+ can have multiple mods).
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2019, 3:28:49 AM
The item should stay rare in the second case, because it has two suffixes, which is not possible for a magic item.
The item will remain rare in the first situation also. I do not know of a way for a rare item to become magic.

>>Trade search results of single-stat rares<<
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
In his first example, the item will go back to magic with one prefix.

An orb of scouring tries to take off as much as it can. If it can remove all mods, a rare item goes back to normal. If it can't remove some mods, because they are meta protected, the item could end up as magic or rare, depending on what mods it still has. If the protected mods do not include more than one of each, it will go to magic. If the protected mods cannot fit on a magic item, it will remain rare.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 5, 2019, 12:45:53 PM
"
GreyLensman wrote:
The item should stay rare in the second case, because it has two suffixes, which is not possible for a magic item.

Thank you! However, to get one pure suffix, using annulment orb should be cheaper.
"
maffa50 wrote:
The item will remain rare in the first situation also. I do not know of a way for a rare item to become magic.

>>Trade search results of single-stat rares<<

It's been tested already. You can give a 2 ex try.
"
to get one pure suffix, using annulment orb should be cheaper.

If you have 3 affixes and want to get 1, you will have a 1/3 chance to get it right the first time with 2 annulments. The question is, how expensive is it to get back the one affix you really want if you accidentally annul it off.

If that affix is cheap and easy, then annuls are a no brainer. If the affix is expensive to replace, that might change your calculus.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Nov 5, 2019, 3:19:44 PM
While I've never scoured an item with only one prefix or suffix that could not be changed, under the assumption that that does make it a magic item and that a rare item with one mod is what you want, repeatedly annulling and remodding the "prefixes cannot be changed" is theoretically possible, but is not deterministic. If you're unlucky, you can theoretically hit your master craft over and over again, even if you sink 1k exalts into it (unlikely to happen in practice, but you get my point).

If scouring the item even if it only has a single prefix only turns it into a rare, then that is obviously the better option and you may ignore this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info