"Biased" equipment.

Found a leather tunic with 5 green sockets,four of which are linked.

Raised it's quality to maximum and wanted some blue,some red sockets.

After one chroma orb it gained one red,after the next it changed that one red to blue.

The next CO changed the blue socket to green.This trend repeated with the next three chroma orbs,changing only one of five sockets...the same socket...back to green.

So basically,this is an archers piece of equipment.I am not interested in ever having an archer so I will most likely discard the garment,even though it has +14% to chaos resistance as well as good shielding.

Been looking for something like it for quite some time and it shows up as unusable...guess the jokes on me.
If I can't remember things about the game since I last played it years ago,Im going to ask,no matter how simple the question...if it insults you,see a psychiatrist!
Last edited by Behrcat111 on Nov 4, 2019, 11:06:48 AM
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2019, 9:36:51 PM
The stat requirements of gear affect what sockets it'll likely roll.
Dex based more likely to roll green.
You could use the crafting bench to make it have 2 sockets, force those to color you want.
Then just roll for 3rd socket on the crafting bench, if it's not the color you want, roll back to 2 sockets and try again.
I wouldnt sweat it to much. 4 linked items are very common. You will likely find a better one sooner rather than later that has the base you want.

As an aside to the above post, the higher the stat requirements on the item, the more weighted it is for those colors. So for example, an armor with a dex req of 250 will be heavily weighted towards green sockets. An armor with a dex req of 100 will still be weighted towards green sockets but it will be easier to get off color ones.
"
imanubcake wrote:
You could use the crafting bench to make it have 2 sockets, force those to color you want.
Then just roll for 3rd socket on the crafting bench, if it's not the color you want, roll back to 2 sockets and try again.

You seem to be talking to a person who has a grand total of like 5 hours in the game.

I don't think they'll understand what you're talking about with how to roll colors at the crafting bench. Nor do they have the jeweller orbs to do so. According to their challenges, they have used a grand total of 47 sulphite so far, which means they don't even have almost any socket recipes from Delve yet (they would've received a single recipe from the first node you access).

They just found a 4L armor on the ground (and apparently it's the first 4L body armor they've found...) and wanted to use it, and didn't understand the mechanics enough to realize that using it wasn't going to be realistic for their gem requirements.

Anyway, OP, check this out https://siveran.github.io/calc.html

This will let you calculate the probability of rolling the socket colors you want with chromatic orbs, based on gear stats (the first row will always be "using chromatic orbs"; you can ignore the other rows for now). Start with this. The bench-jeweller-method of rolling sockets is more advanced.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 4, 2019, 11:51:38 AM
"
codetaku wrote:
"
imanubcake wrote:

You seem to be talking to a person who has a grand total of like 5 hours in the game.

I don't think they'll understand what you're talking about with how to roll colors at the crafting bench. Nor do they have the jeweller orbs to do so. According to their challenges, they have used a grand total of 47 sulphite so far, which means they don't even have almost any socket recipes yet.

They just found a 4L armor on the ground (and apparently it's the first 4L body armor they've found...) and wanted to use it, and didn't understand the mechanics enough to realize that using it wasn't going to be realistic for their gem requirements.

Yeah, true. Didn't really think that far.
"
imanubcake wrote:
Yeah, true. Didn't really think that far.

In general, it was good advice. Maybe someone some time will see it for the first time and understand it and you will have really helped someone!

Plus, you did give the most important information, that gear stats affect rolls.
"
Behrcat111 wrote:
I will most likely discard the garment,even though it has +14% to chaos resistance as well as good shielding.

14% chaos resist actually is a vendor tier mod, just saying.....
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
If I can't remember things about the game since I last played it years ago,Im going to ask,no matter how simple the question...if it insults you,see a psychiatrist!
Last edited by Behrcat111 on Nov 6, 2019, 9:37:52 PM
"
imanubcake wrote:

Actually,this is the 2nd witch in as many weeks...I got the first one to level 7 and saved every spell and extra consumable,including choice gear,then used it to equip the new witch...so it already had plenty of resources at the start.

characters share the same stash as you well know.

5 hours,lol...I do have a life outside of the game,he he!

It was very good advice.
Last edited by Behrcat111 on Nov 6, 2019, 10:06:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info