[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

A question about gearing, mainly jewels. Are we going for bleed dmg or projectile, or maybe both? What would be our main dmg source?
I think i have it in the gearing section:

Rare Jewels:
Look out for
- Maximum Life
- Damage over Time
- Damage with Bleeding
- Physical Damage
- Attack Speed (while holding a Shield)

so i would prefer all the dot multi stuff with life for start
attack speed is just QoL
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Running this now as a league starter, honestly it feels like I've broken the game around act 3. Rares die in one shot, and the only things I've bought are Trolltimber Spire for an early shield, and the Threshold Jewel. Definitely recommend the build so far
So I've tested a bit, I am still early on.

Low life has been great with leveling. You can just get a cheap redbeak and right off the bat that's 100% increased damage while on low life, applies to both corrupting fever and shield throw. It's manageable, but you can't really run blood rage at first. I am already using arrogance + herald of purity to put me at low life.

Edit: Further testing -> Lifetap in general seems to be a good support for this, for any kind of permutation to this build. Basically it comes down to lifetap vs swift affliction and the damage difference isn't much, what it does open up though is the ability to use Vitality Extraction from the tree. 49% increased damage, which applies to both the hit and the bleed, and you also gain 2% life on kill if you've spent life recently (which is always). You also gain 20% increased life recovery from flasks with that and another 15 if you pick the node you go through to Vitality Extraction. On top of all that, you regen 1 flask charge per 3 sec, it's not much, but when going for Sirus, this is pretty nice to have.

It's nice with Corrupting fever as well, most of the time you'll pop it and then explode a pack and you're back to full health. It's been insanely good in Delirium where I tend to get chunked down by hits here and there and my petrified blood debt starts getting huge, the constant 2% life on kill are basically 4% for me, it's insane.
Last edited by Icemasta on Apr 17, 2021, 6:58:41 PM
Been messing around with Bleed stuff in 3.14 Bladestorm and SST with corrupting fever.

SST feels pretty cool the little shards from the explosion all give stacks of corrupting blood. Thanks for the build guide was helpful to get me started !
Hello.

I just respecced into shield throw from lacerate, and this feels so much better.

I have a question: would the new Apothecary's Gloves base (14-18% Damage over Time) be better than the Ritual Base?

Any idea how far this build scales endgame?

What the damage like with mediocre gear and really good gear?
Just figured I would give some data here, I league started this build, it was very smooth but that was helped some by Ultimatum giving enough chaos that I could grab the Divide and Conquer gem pretty early which was a huge boost.

Also taking a few minutes at the start of every other act to grab a new shield with biggest available armour really helped, beat Kitava with about 800 armour shield, 0 deaths, super tanky.

https://pastebin.com/Hnr2TvNJ

This is where I am at now, gear is definitely not yet optimal but I am able to pretty comfortably sit afk in the middle of t12 and t13 ultimatums, I haven't failed one or had to leave early in a long time, build is absolutely nuts for tankiness.

As mentioned above, single target is definitely a weakness but being indestructible makes me not worry too much about it lol.

Overall though the build feels really good, its one of the stronger league starters I have played, probably coming in just under Vortex in terms of just smooth leveling experience.
"
ryukenden wrote:
Any idea how far this build scales endgame?

What the damage like with mediocre gear and really good gear?

you can import the pob. the starter should be around 800k-1M. good gear 2-2,5M. enough for all content, except some high end bosses can take a bit. but fever should help as a new gem.

"
Nikerym wrote:
Hello.

I just respecced into shield throw from lacerate, and this feels so much better.

I have a question: would the new Apothecary's Gloves base (14-18% Damage over Time) be better than the Ritual Base?

Yes, it's a good new base for this build.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Build looks solid, but how far can you scale DPS with high end gear? Anyone tried?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info