[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
gokhannn wrote:
"
KaalCV wrote:

Edit: 1,846,821 without flasks.

bro Im sorry to inform you that you dont have 1.846.821 shaper dps
you have 230.852,625 shaper bleeding dps

in your pob you used 8 x bleed dmg application mod.
you are not dealing 800% more damage with crimson dance. this is where you are mistaken. you are not melting bosses so fast. its just you think you do. but you arent.

plus your hit chance is %82

soul of steel node is defensive. wont change your dps.
gloves can be used with vulnerability lvl 11. but only increases my 20k shaper bleed dps.
projectile pierce only effect on maps/delve. doesnt effect bosses.
aul amulet might work. didnt try.
duration on rings is a good idea.

you have couple of good approaches. but still...
gl

Crimson Dance increases bleed damage by 300% at 8 stacks (to 400% of the original), since it reduces bleed damage by 50%, but makes it so 8 stacks can deal damage at the same time. Also, LocalIdentity's fork of POB caclulates both bleed damage and crimson dance correctly. It also accounts for hit chance. As long as you have more attack speed after hit chance %, as KaalCV said below, then increasing your hit chance will only marginally affect clear speed and the initial hit, which deals basically no damage.

Soul of Steel is defensive, yes, but it's the best defensive node in the entire game bar none. It's amazing, and any build that is near it should try to take it. There's a reason it needs 3 golden oil to annoint.

It's not that he thinks he has that DPS, POB is saying he does. Admittedly, he has checked frenzy charges for single target, which won't happen on bosses with no adds, but I imported his character into POB, and his Awakened gems aren't even level 5 yet either. Without frenzies, he's at 1.7m shaper bleed DPS, and a malevolence watcher's eye would add another 100k. Levelling his gems to 5 and adding a double malevolence watcher's eye like yours would put him at 2.05m, or 1.97 without flasks. I think that's a pretty damn solid number for a build this tanky.

I also imported your build into POB. You do 730k dps without Crimson Dance (including Impale). Taking Crimson Dance, 1 single point, would increase your total DPS without flasks by 263%, to 2.66m DPS. Crimson Dance is undisputably the best way to increase your bleed damage, whether you like it or not. Now, puncture with ensnaring arrow may do more DPS, I don't know, but that's a different build, way more squishy, and clunky as hell.
Last edited by Shadowbane92 on Mar 9, 2020, 4:59:53 PM
"
Shadowbane92 wrote:

*** but makes it so 8 stacks can deal damage at the same time.

-nop. where did you get that? only one bleed stack at a time deals damage.

*** It's not that he thinks he has that DPS, POB is saying he does.

-POB isnt saying he has that much of dps. mod attached to POB is claiming that he has that dps. developer of this mod made an assumption. he assumed crimson dance dps = 800% * bleed dps.

-----
https://feathub.com/LocalIdentity/PathOfBuilding/+45

-----

check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed this adress and Duration sub-topic

""" Each bleed effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment """

***I also imported your build into POB. You do 730k dps without Crimson Dance (including Impale). Taking Crimson Dance, 1 single point, would increase your total DPS without flasks by 263%, to 2.66m DPS. Crimson Dance is undisputably the best way to increase your bleed damage, whether you like it or not.

-bro its not about what I like or I dont like. Its about facts. you dont deal 8 x bleed damage when you allocate crimson dance. end of story.

btw impale isnt what I wanted.its just random unwanted modification. I removed herald of purity put maim support with flesh and stone. got aul amulet with deadly draw so I could use pride. the only thing I can get is this fenumus gloves and shield ( which I cant cos it has resistances on it, just like gloves)

I need to get lvl 100 to get steel node and one more hp node than the build is complete

Last edited by gokhannn on Mar 10, 2020, 3:36:36 AM
"

""" Each bleed effect remains present on the target until it runs its course, but only the one with the highest damage per second will cause damage at any given moment """

-> Yeah that works for normal bleeds. NOT with crimson dance. If you scrolled a little bit further on the very wiki page you linked about bleed you wouldve found

"If Crimson Dance is allocated, potential damage of one application is 35% of base attack's physical damage regardless of whether the target is moving or not, and 8 strongest application deal damage. Sustaining all 8 stacks on a target will deal in total 280% of average attack's base physical damage per second. This effectively doubles bleed dps on prolonged fights."

So Shadowbane and Kaal are indeed correct. And also PoB with the fork correctly calculates Crimson Dance DPS.
"
TheStaeng wrote:

So Shadowbane and Kaal are indeed correct. And also PoB with the fork correctly calculates Crimson Dance DPS.

if they are right. shaper has to activate phase 2 (%50 life) in 19-20 seconds.

get shaper hp to half in 19-20 (37 million hp) seconds and I accept that you are right. you can record and upload to youtube.

I can provide fragments.

Im currently online.

gokhannn#6058 you can add me on discord and you can live stream and I watch.
Last edited by gokhannn on Mar 10, 2020, 8:21:06 AM
How would this be for a league starter? Saw some of the new notables & thought of SST...
"
gokhannn wrote:
"
Shadowbane92 wrote:

*** but makes it so 8 stacks can deal damage at the same time.

-nop. where did you get that? only one bleed stack at a time deals damage.

*** It's not that he thinks he has that DPS, POB is saying he does.

-POB isnt saying he has that much of dps. mod attached to POB is claiming that he has that dps. developer of this mod made an assumption. he assumed crimson dance dps = 800% * bleed dps.

Actually, LocalIdentity read the Crimson Dance keystone and rightfully determined that it makes your bleed DPS increase by 4 times, not 8, since the Keystone allows you to "Inflict Bleeding on an enemy up to 8 times", but also makes you "Deal 50% less damage with Bleeding". If it doesn't let bleed stack up to 8 times, then what else could that line possibly mean? Bleed already technically stacks infinitely, it's just that only the highest instance deals damage at a time. Crimson Dance changes that to be the highest 8 instances.

"
gokhannn wrote:

check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed this adress and Duration sub-topic

As TheStaeng said directly below your post, if you actually read the section of the wiki you claim to have read, it says that Crimson dance works exactly how we said it works, and not, as you claim, as a 50% less damage modifier for no benefit whatsoever.

"
gokhannn wrote:

***I also imported your build into POB. You do 730k dps without Crimson Dance (including Impale). Taking Crimson Dance, 1 single point, would increase your total DPS without flasks by 263%, to 2.66m DPS. Crimson Dance is undisputably the best way to increase your bleed damage, whether you like it or not.

-bro its not about what I like or I dont like. Its about facts. you dont deal 8 x bleed damage when you allocate crimson dance. end of story.

I'll say it right back to you. It's not about what you or I like or don't like. It's about the facts, and the facts say that Crimson dance is a 400% modifier to bleed damage. End of story. As I've said before, if we assume that Crimson Dance doesn't change the Bleed stack limit, what do you think it does? Do you think GGG would be stupid enough to implement a Keystone that makes you deal 50% less bleed damage with no benefit whatsoever?

"
gokhannn wrote:

btw impale isnt what I wanted.

I know that, I was simply pointing out that your total DPS is slightly higher than it otherwise would have been, since I used the number including impale DPS. For the following calculations, I strictly use only the Bleed DPS.

Now for the proof of what I've been saying. I'm 99% sure you'll probably just ignore all these facts, like you did everything else we've provided by claiming that our facts are wrong and yours are right, despite them coming from the same locations, but here goes anyway.

On the first page of this guide, OP posted a Shaper kill right at the end of 3.8, with pretty budget gear. Here is a link to his profile, and the character he used was PaLeDuelistBlight: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/paLe1337/characters.

His gear is reasonably budget, and importing him into PoB, he has 579k Bleed DPS, not including any flasks or temporary buffs. He does have a maim chest, but that's irrelevant, since we're not using it in 3.9, and both your and KaalCV's characters has much more expensive gear. He also has Crimson Dance allocated.

Here is a link to the shaper kill on Youtube, posted by OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22tuJ0BZGSI&feature=youtu.be

At 1:39, shaper starts taking damage. At 1:49, shaper goes invuln for add phase. At 2:08, the add phase ends, and Shaper starts taking damage again. At 2:14, shaper teleports to Zana, ending phase 1 and beginning phase 2. 10s pre add phase + 6s post add phase = 16s total DPS time, including some downtime dodging mechanics. Shaper in 3.10 had his HP quadrupled to 74m. Thus, Shaper in 3.8 had 18.5m HP, meaning Phase 1 requires 9.25m damage dealt to end (TBH, I can't find the exact number for 3.8 Shaper HP, but I think it's actually 16m. Doesn't really matter though). If we take 9.25m and divide it by 579k, which is OP's bleed DPS, not his total DPS, we reach a figure of 15.9 seconds required to clear phase 1. Now, his clear time was about 16 seconds, and if we take into account the time spent on mechanics and the difference between his total DPS and bleed DPS, we see that it adds up pretty nicely.

Now, removing the Crimson Dance keystone from that POB, his bleed DPS drops to 144.9k DPS, meaning there is no possible way he could end phase 1 in 16s, meaning that Crimson Dance has to necessarily increase his DPS by 300%, like LocalIdentity's fork says it does. Now, I know you probably still don't belive me, since that was all 3.8 numbers, and we're now soon to be in 3.10.

Now, taking the numbers I posted previously, KaalCV has 1.7m bleed DPS. I went back and disabled all flasks and temporary buffs, then actually read the Gladiator's Blood in the Eye's node, and realised we do in fact get maim even without the gem or using Flesh and Stone, so KaalCV's character CaptainIsBest, with Crimson Dance, but without flasks or temporary buffs, or even a Watcher's eye, has 1.69m Bleed DPS and 1.75m total DPS. 37m HP to get Shaper into phase 2 in 3.9, with 1.69m DPS means he requires 21.8 seconds to phase Shaper. Replacing one of his 4 prop rare jewels with the exact same 21%/15% double Malevolence Watcher's eye that you have boosts his Bleed DPS to 1.98m DPS, and thus lowers his clear time to 18.6 seconds.

Importing your level 95 gladiator, gokhannnn, into LocalIdentity's fork of POB, your Bleed DPS with no flasks or temporrary buffs active is 705k without Crimson Dance and, if I remove Path of the Warrior to add Crimson Dance, your POB bleed DPS increases to 2.79m. Therefore, following the same calculations as before, you require 37m / 705k = 52.4 seconds to phase Shaper without Crimson Dance, and 13.2 seconds with Crimson Dance. Now, all of these calculations are assuming you facetank Shaper and don't do mechanics, so depending on RNG, they'll be slightly higher.

Now, if you actually got through that wall of text, I'd like to say that any sort of insulting tone that you may read from this post wasn't intended, I just can't stand when people refuse to admit the facts that they have been shown multiple times. Hopefully, this will allow you to enjoy this build even more.

"
gokhannn wrote:
"
TheStaeng wrote:

if they are right. shaper has to activate phase 2 (%50 life) in 19-20 seconds.

get shaper hp to half in 19-20 (37 million hp) seconds and I accept that you are right. you can record and upload to youtube.

I can provide fragments.

Im currently online.

gokhannn#6058 you can add me on discord and you can live stream and I watch.

As I said, you can prove this with your own character. Do Shaper with your character as it is now. It'll take about 53s plus any time to dodge mechanics and any add or bullet hell phases in between. Then, remove Path or the Warrior from the scion wheel, and allocate Crimson Dance. Allowing for mechanics and RNG, you clear time should be cut in a third at least.
Last edited by Shadowbane92 on Mar 10, 2020, 8:48:29 PM
Patch notes killed the Of The Underground suffix by removing the Armor/Qual Dense Fossil.

That might be somewhat rip, we lose a lot of armor with that gone on shields.
"
KaalCV wrote:
Patch notes killed the Of The Underground suffix by removing the Armor/Qual Dense Fossil.

That might be somewhat rip, we lose a lot of armor with that gone on shields.

You know that qualitystacking isn't a thing since the first days of Legion?

For the dense slam we don't rely on any Delve specific craft mods. At least non of witch i am aware of...

a bit rusty after a few leages absence ;)
Very interested in this build, but i don't know, looks a bit rough as a leaguestarter, what do you guys think ?
It's perfect as a League Starter and scales reasonably well into endgame. KaalC and gokhannn have insane bleed dmg compared to me and I already felt like a god walking through content. Okay I had to take 1 minute to help people with guardians where I see multiple builds evaporating those bosses. But I feel so safe. There is just this small chance of getting hit and when getting hit it still is often nog lethal because of so many defensive layers stacked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info