Chaos based, non-poison damage over time effects dropping MAX health.

I created a thread on one of the other forums to confirm this wasn’t intentional. At first, I thought this only applied to the desicrated ground mod while mapping, but I’ve since confirmed that it is basically caused by every non-poison, chaos based damage over time effect.

Here’s what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H1gGchIVSg

I had just killed the map boss in a pile of desecrated ground. My health is at 2626 as I step out of it and use a health flask. You see my whole health globe light up red, but it stops at 2986. I step across the desecrated ground out of the tent and my health drops to 2778. I use a flask again, and it stops at 2980 -- 6 hp less than last time. My first flask is out of charges, so I then use the second flask. Health stays at 2980. I then portal to town and come back and my hp is back to full at 4679. Step on desecrated ground again, then use the flask. It stops at 4670 -- 9 less than max health. I step on it again, then off, then use a flask again. It stops at 4662 -- 8 health less than last time.

It drops in small increments like this EVERY TIME I step on desecrated ground then off. The amount of time spent in it doesn't seem to affect it, but rather the number of times stepping in then out does. Other sources of non-poison (I'm poison immune) chaos damage over time are doing it too for each instance applied. Ignite, for example, doesn't as it takes away energy shield first and even once dipping into health it goes back up like normal.

This is problematic for any build running at 5k or less in a map with desecrated ground or any other area with a high amount of chaos damage over time effects (Toxic Sewers, Etc.) By the time you run through a map, your MAX health is lowered by 2-3k and the only way to remove this bug is to port to town or zone somewhere new entirely. No debuff icon. No nothing.

In the other thread someone suggested this bug once existed on PC many leagues ago and was simply not showing your health full when it actually was. This is not the case this time. I died just to test this theory, as I let a white mob that couldn’t normally kill me in one shot of chaos damage did so when I intentionally allowed my max health to drop to 1k.

Please fix this.
Last bumped on Oct 30, 2019, 9:13:30 PM
Strange. I think this has to do with some buggy interaction in one of your passives or something. I ran a bunch of maps with poison and nothing seems to change. My life is twenty points below the maximum, as always, but that's from Righteous Fire. Walking on chaos corpses or w/e doesn't seem to alter it.
Sometimes i have same problem, my go max hp pool becoming very low
"
MisterKaws wrote:
Strange. I think this has to do with some buggy interaction in one of your passives or something. I ran a bunch of maps with poison and nothing seems to change. My life is twenty points below the maximum, as always, but that's from Righteous Fire. Walking on chaos corpses or w/e doesn't seem to alter it.

My theory is it has to do with Zealot's Oath as it stops health regen entirely. Must be losing track of where max health is supposed to be when health restoration does occur.

It would be nice if the devs would at least acknowledge they are looking into the issue because a new patch was released and the problem is still there...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info