Hideout Feature: Switches and Pressure Plates

So this is a simple idea i have been thinking about for a while and fulfills a few useful and purely immersive functions as i will explain below.

Switches and Pressure plates should only be operable by the Hideout owner unless a menu is added to toggle this function on/off for others which i honestly would not recommend.

Switches:

Switches being Wall Switches and Levers etc would be linkable to a single hideout item toggling both its position, rotation and or decoration state ex(1-14) and provide both immersive decoration potential as well as be used as a gating function for a variety of things such as locking off your map device during trades and various other situations even moving a master around the hideout for moments when they are needed.

Upon placing a switch the user could then directly place another object which would link them

The initially placed switch

The then linked item that was placed directly after

After flipping the switch the state would stay the same until the object is modified as in this image

This switch would then in this instance open a secret bookcase like a door until switched back in which case it would return to being the same as the first image.

If a limit is not imposed on the number of switches a user can have then at the very least there should be some kind of minor cool down so they are not spammed to cause lag.

Pressure Plates:

Pressure plates would function exactly the same as a switch however it would be linkable to multiple objects and come in various sizes to allow for a room to essentially be transformed when you enter or leave an area.

This could be immensely useful in the case of wanting all of your masters in your map room as well as your stash/etc while doing your maps and various other situations such as crafting/etc while allowing you to have them located in various other areas of the hideout for aesthetic purposes while not engaging in these activity's.

These pressure plates i think should only be sold in the store as a hideout item.

Pressure plates should also be able to be linked to other pressure plates as an extension to be able to fill a room or area so that while moving around within the pressure plates effect is not reverted when you accidentally step off of it.

This would be as simple as selecting the original pressure plate and placing a new pressure plate while in the edit menu.

Final Notes:

In the case of masters given that you cannot delete and then place them again i think that they should be made possible to remove from the hideout and then again placed back down unless the system for linking these objects were to function in a different way, this seems to be the most efficient or easiest way to do it from my perspective however.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 21, 2019, 6:32:10 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2019, 3:54:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting idea, I'm just not sure the effort to implement this would justify the results.
Especially the animation problem could cause alot of work. opening/closing a door via switch might be working with the current animations, but anything else could lead to alot of work.
The "simple" solution just moving stuff within a frame would most likeley reduce the necessary effort, but destroys the immersion.

As I'm thinking about your idea, I've got the picutres from Jimdosh's Madison in Dishonored 2 in mind. While it would be very cool to get something like this, it would reqire ALOT of work and the complete rework of all existing hideouts.

And you also need to keep in mind, that GGG isn't a charity organisation, they want to make profit. since this feature isn't nothing gameplay related, they would need to sell the swithces etc in shop in order to get the money for the implementaition back.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
Interesting idea, I'm just not sure the effort to implement this would justify the results.
Especially the animation problem could cause alot of work. opening/closing a door via switch might be working with the current animations, but anything else could lead to alot of work.
The "simple" solution just moving stuff within a frame would most likeley reduce the necessary effort, but destroys the immersion.

As I'm thinking about your idea, I've got the picutres from Jimdosh's Madison in Dishonored 2 in mind. While it would be very cool to get something like this, it would reqire ALOT of work and the complete rework of all existing hideouts.

And you also need to keep in mind, that GGG isn't a charity organisation, they want to make profit. since this feature isn't nothing gameplay related, they would need to sell the swithces etc in shop in order to get the money for the implementaition back.

that is exactly why the immensely more useful pressure plates were recommended to only be in the store, if both were store only i would not really care but it would get the foot in the door if players had access to at least 1 switch by default imo in terms of attracting them to it.

Unlike the immensely unpopular "dances" that to this day i have never seen used.

On another note while yes they are not a charity without a userbase to make their game seem active those who do support the game would likely eventually leave it except for a small percentage that are SSF.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 21, 2019, 8:04:22 AM
And now I want to play Minecraft ;>
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 22, 2019, 4:59:13 AM
"

On another note while yes they are not a charity without a userbase to make their game seem active those who do support the game would likely eventually leave it except for a small percentage that are SSF.

The Idea isn't something that could be done in a few hours (Especially if you want something more than opening/closing the already existing doors). Besides the pure programming effort it also needs to be testet etc.
I'm really not sure there would be enough buyers in order to make this worth the effort, since it would be pure cosmetical feature.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
"
Judaspriester wrote:
"

The Idea isn't something that could be done in a few hours (Especially if you want something more than opening/closing the already existing doors). Besides the pure programming effort it also needs to be testet etc.
I'm really not sure there would be enough buyers in order to make this worth the effort, since it would be pure cosmetical feature.

I'd argue that the pressure plate would be immensely more useful than the music player lol.

Having the masters close to open portals for the accumulated atlas missions and to have them return to their individual areas afterwards.

Part of the reason this idea seemed worth posting was the sheer size of a lot of the hideouts that are available now.
Innocence forgives you
Can I have switch in my HO which I could turn and portals to map, previously one-side erazed by GGG server, come back?
"
DarkJen wrote:
Can I have switch in my HO which I could turn and portals to map, previously one-side erazed by GGG server, come back?

I want a switch that brings me back 15 mins in the past too, that would be great!
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 22, 2019, 5:40:07 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
DarkJen wrote:

I want a switch that brings me back 15 mins in the past too, that would be great!

That would be amazing :)
Why we are not devs?! Game can be so fun with such a tweaks. Less pain, more fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info