Lack of blight maps means achievements should change

There are 2 achievements that hinge on getting a truckton of blight maps, namely:

- Complete Blighted Maps II (1 rare blight map of each of the 15 tiers)
- Complete 100 Blighted Maps

As I understand it, the drop rate of blight maps was really high on day 1 but then there was some sort of nerf to the drop rate, perhaps because of the lag it caused to the servers. So obviously the challenges were initially designed around the idea that the drop rate would be far higher.

At level 90 and playing every night for weeks, I've had maybe 5 blight maps drop in total, so I really don't see how these achievements are ... achievable.

I propose that they change the achievements to:

- Complete Blighted Maps II (1 rare blight map of any 5 tiers)
- Complete 25 Blighted Maps
Art Videos: www.YouTube.com/RoxaneLapa
PoE Fan Art Entry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3378532/page/10#p24998980
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2019, 3:47:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Blighted maps (at least in my experience) drop way more frequent in high-tier maps.

Since you have not killed shaper, nor any one of his guardians, i espect you dont play tier 15 or 16 maps regularly, if at all. You also had no 6 or 7 lane blights, so i expect you mostly play white/yellow maps.

Blight gives better rewards the higher you go, so just go for higher content.
Some challenges are hard, this challenge can be bought and its probably something you need to achieve for 36/40 not 24/40.

You also dont complain about the endgame grinds, right?

Blighted maps drop in like 1/10 maps in high red tier maps, but very rarely in low tier maps.
Its not harder to achieve than chayula outside its domain or 500 master missions or so.
You're right, lately I've been concentrating on t11 to t13 maps, but even so...

It's been my experience that the few blight maps I've gotten have dropped in the same tier of map I was running, so if blight maps are only dropping in satisfactory numbers on high tier maps, then I imagine you are only really getting t14 and t15 blight maps dropping? That will make it difficult, if not impossible to get low tier blight maps for the challenge where you need to do 1 rare of each tier.

No, the drop rates are poor, and if GGG don't want to increase it for performance sake, then it's reasonable to ask for the challenge achievements to be adjusted accordingly. After all it seems the challenges were designed when the the drop rates were higher. As I mentioned, I hear that on day 1, the blight maps were dropping at a much higher rate. I tend to only join a PoE league after a week when the bugs are ironed out, but seems I missed out this time.
PoE Fan Art Entry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3378532/page/10#p24998980
Just to clarify the last post from op:

If you run high tier maps, you will get low tier and high tier blighted maps.
You dont only get tier 15 blighted maps if you run t15 or t16s.

Edit: Changed in patch 3.8.1e
"Blighted Map drops now drop at a minimum tier based on the tier of the Map that you are currently in. For example, when in a Tier 5 Map, Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Maps can drop. When in a Tier 6 Map, you'll receive a Tier 6 Blighted Map (and will never receive a Tier 1 to Tier 5 Blighted Map)."

Got a couple of white/yellow blighted maps in red maps before and did not know it was changed.
Last edited by Karlchenkeule on Nov 6, 2019, 12:08:24 PM
I've been running nothing but T15/16 including well over 25 Maze of the Minotaur with NO blight maps, and the portals are still spawning too close, really bored of it now.
Last edited by untala on Nov 4, 2019, 4:47:53 PM
Yip, the more I play the top tier maps, the more I realise that it's not tied to more blight map drops. The blight map drops are just as non-existent on tier 15's.

Top tier ointment drops seem even more rare. I've had no silver and gold ointments drop at all, 1 opalescent and 2 blacks. This after hundreds of maps. I mean I've found 3 exalts. Shouldn't that be more rare than top tier ointments for the league they were created for?

The RNG grind is really starting to put me off this game. I get that challenges can't be a walk in the park, but damn, it doesn't need to be tedious either. I could have finished most of these challenges if the the right things would just drop. Still haven't had an 8 lane blight. Still haven't found a blight unique. Still waiting for 5 specific rare blight monsters to make an appearance.

The thing that irks me most is reading on Reddit how people are paying other people to do challenges for them and then thinking they have achieved something with their 40/40 status. If that is how people complete leagues, then that skews league statistics, and the devs are just going to keep moving the goal line, so casuals can never complete a league. Instead we have to copy a min/max a build, pay other people with other min/max builds to play our game for us, and pay farmers for items locked behind RNG.
"
Karlchenkeule wrote:
Just to clarify the last post from op:

If you run high tier maps, you will get low tier and high tier blighted maps.
You dont only get tier 15 blighted maps if you run t15 or t16s.

not true for example t15 drop t15-t11 blight map (red tier) t12 will drop t12-11 its now tied by color tier and always limited on the level map you actually running .
Last edited by Sky7a on Nov 5, 2019, 6:38:11 PM
game is balanced around trade so deal with it.

my average is still a blighted map / 20-25 maps

sooo kinda the same that doing level 100 on maps (2k+)
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info