Optimization is badly needed in all areas, it's messed up

Before I had a gaming pc i was playing prophecy and talisman back when the game was completely playable on a decent spec business laptop with a decent CPU and ok semi integrated M nvidia card. Not anymore. I have a 1k rig and it's terrible for what my new PC is capable of.

It's a more serious issue than you think because right now people who are into this game have the immidiate incentive to just quit after act 5, or worse maps because the performance is so awful.

Just think about it devs, Optimization and more marketing is a net gain for you on every front would really help your playerbase who cannot afford a 1000$+ 2-1 yr old gaming rig that still runs every other game fine except your title. Games like Dota 2 did this and their playerbase have skyrocketed, and continue to do so after complaints were met.

Party play = more expensive computer, and even then it's horrible. It just really blows when you cannot play with a party, barely 2 people is feasible in HC/SC/whatever, even on a 1k+ rig. People have been complaining about it for ages, but you instead of resolving it keep blaming the old code responsible.

So tell me now established multi million dollar company, why can't you just outsource and hire programmers to rework the old sections of your software like every other game company? It saves you the workload and your pros can proofread their code. Even things like better multicore optimization and gpu usage would help a lot.

Also you should update your minimum specs, it does not accurately reflect what is needed to run your game in it's current state.

It seems we cannot use AMD if we want performance, we have to use Intel? What's the deal with that? State it or fix the issue, it's long overdue. my i5 2500k literally runs this game better to just as well than new Ryzen chip, even though the AMD chip is about 35% faster.

Last 2cents; stop worrying about what anonymous virtue signaling casuals on reddit think, they barely even play this game, but for some reason you keep allowing their terrible feedback to dictate your design choices. Casuals have always been the problem with gaming since 2011, and companies appealing to that crowd is the sole reason it's so generic, brainless unoriginal and destroyed these days. With some exceptions like Dota 2 which kept true to the core game design of DoTA but turned mainstream and massively popular because of it's recipe, marketing of tournaments and difficulty. Valve is the last to care about their petty demands, they know how to make a fine games and do their own thing, and to no surprise millions still play because they have the recipe down and keep doing it right.

Also you will never be able to fully appease the crowd i mentioned with a diablo style ARPG. They aren't and won't be happy untill everything is bite size and dumbed down enough for them to immidiately process without any effort. Your market does not lie in them anyway. They'll play whatever anyway and they'll always keep complaining about bs.
Last edited by Olympiacoz on Oct 20, 2019, 11:33:43 PM
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2019, 9:51:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
got a 5 year old i7 with 8 gig ram and win7x64, just replaced the gtx780 with a gtx1070 2 years ago.

game ever ran fine on a 1920*1200 resolution (means 50fps min, dual monitor setup), it's just that the overclocked 780 died because of a manufacturing error (running undervolted).

reading how badly the game runs on some better machines sometimes scares me to upgrade the rig, i'm really looking for having some higher resolution.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
got a 5 year old i7 with 8 gig ram and win7x64, just replaced the gtx780 with a gtx1070 2 years ago.

game ever ran fine on a 1920*1200 resolution (means 50fps min, dual monitor setup), it's just that the overclocked 780 died because of a manufacturing error (running undervolted).

reading how badly the game runs on some better machines sometimes scares me to upgrade the rig, i'm really looking for having some higher resolution.

Yeah it sucks, more so they won't give out the optimal system specs for POE for yrs now, its actually pathetic.

I'd be hesitant to upgrade if i were you, try a friends pc first thats better if anything. I saw very little to no improvement with my processor ONLY in this game though..

I remember when ZiggyD had to cancel his sponsorship with AMD due to their stuff just magically being horrible for this game lol
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Yeah it sucks, more so they won't give out the optimal system specs for POE for yrs now, its actually pathetic.

I'd be hesitant to upgrade if i were you, try a friends pc first thats better if anything. I saw very little to no improvement with my processor ONLY in this game though..

I remember when ZiggyD had to cancel his sponsorship with AMD due to their stuff just magically being horrible for this game lol

i think the resolution of your new display is an important factor which players often underestimate.

this, and i would buy intel/nvidia. just because it's the most common setup and companies prioritise them in testing.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
(some) People get 4K "gaming" monitors now, then complain about system requirements of the games being too high etc, neglecting quadrupled workload on their system put on by 4K resolution. Runs at ~30fps, but hey, it's 4K! kek.

True about the AMD, at least for their GPUs and this game. Switched 570 and 1060 6gb at some point, night and day (in favor of 1060). Not sure about the CPUs (ryzen specifically), I don't see why would that be an issue. I however do see FXxxxx AMD being junk for this game, and most others, compared to...even i5 2500.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
PoE has a ugly spaghetti code
They should just delete this game and start from a new...
But no they wont no they dont care no I dont have hope anymore with these crackers :3
the main problem is that they only hire people from NZ and the best coders/programmers live in other countries
"
the main problem is that they only hire people from NZ and the best coders/programmers live in other countries

Yeah but that's not how it has to be. Look at how the PUBG dev did it even tho its a completely different game.

He hired plenty of programmers having less cash than these devs. Guess the difference is that PUBG has millions playing, because it's a whole lot more of effort being put into it being playable even as a stupid simple game instead of this good game being gimped by bad programming. It's sad. But whatever right?
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"

Yeah but that's not how it has to be. Look at how the PUBG dev did it even tho its a completely different game.

He hired plenty of programmers having less cash than these devs. Guess the difference is that PUBG has millions playing, because it's a whole lot more of effort being put into it being playable even as a stupid simple game instead of this good game being gimped by bad programming. It's sad. But whatever right?

Yep, maybe just PUBG devs are more passionate about making things work properly.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
"
Olympiacoz wrote:
"

Yep, maybe just PUBG devs are more passionate about making things work properly.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info