Can ergonomic keyboards reduce the strain of playing PoE?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Spoken like someone who gets paid to sit around and think most of the day :)
I also bike about 7,500-10,000 miles a year. And to answer your next question, yes... my butt does get sore.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 19, 2019, 9:50:40 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I also bike about 7,500-10,000 miles a year.

On virtual bike simulator.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
Nope... mostly on my Felt Z2.
Quit before it blows your whole hand off.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
it happens, make sure your posture and heights are all correct then take breaks especially if your injured enough to feel it a week off will do you a world of good.

What's more important; min/max your builds, or your health? Ease down on the flask usage. Shouldn't be a problem at all. You've played this game long enough to do all content without playing flask piano.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The best keyboards are the ones that have extra function keys that can be programmed (macros). I have a Logitech G602 gaming mouse and a G510s custom color backlit gaming keyboard (each key can be custom color set as desired). The mouse has extra thumb buttons that can be programmed for various PoE functions and the keyboard has 18 extra function keys on the left that can be programmed for PoE as desired.

Obviously you have to be careful with what you program to these extra function keys. I use mine for various things from {Enter}/played{Enter} to display time played to {Alt-F4} for emergency exit (I have a block of six with this for when a panic exit is required and can't afford any delay fumbling with the {Alt}F4 keypress). GGG expressly prohibits you from using a programmed macro key from sending the 12345 key sequence and their official policy is that they reserve the right to ban you if you do that (this is a cheat aid). As far as I can tell if done correctly with the appropriate timing delays between keypresses there isn't any way to auto-detect it. But obviously it is best to avoid this and not run the risk at all.

It was a WTF? moment and then a sick LOL! moment for me last spring (I believe it was in Synthesis League) when Networklayer was really foobar'ing my server/client timing badly and then this message popped up:

There is something in the PoE code to attempt to detect multi-keypresses too fast (as a macro programmed key would send) so you must take care to not have a macro send the key codes too fast. I don't have any function key send a flask key code at all and thus never get in trouble.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. I looked again and that screen shot says release 2.6.2 = Legacy League (hmm... has it been that long?).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 19, 2019, 1:11:21 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I also bike about 7,500-10,000 miles a year. And to answer your next question, yes... my butt does get sore.

I learned to squeeze the clutch as hard as I can that way it's not a bother to hold it the whole time at red lights.

I use the G513 with its wrist rest. Its the best wrist rest on the market in my opinion. And indeed it does wonders when you play pathfinder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info