Played since 2015, took a break, decided to check back in for this league, and am uninstalling.

What the title says. Basically, I had played for years, and spent well over $100 on this game. I had some free time this league, so I decided to play around with a few characters. My first character, an EK Assassin, was a failure. So then I ran a Starforge Cyclone Slayer, and it was pretty fun (I like Cyclone).

But the consistent issue I have run into was trade. I don’t remember it ever being this bad. I had to message 20 people to buy a Belly. When I try to do currency trades, I sometimes never get a single response from anyone listed on Poe.trade. In the past, you’d get a good percentage (50-60ish, IIRC) of players being unresponsive, but it’s now over 90%.

I simply don’t have the patience to deal with this anymore. Especially given that I’d have to trade both for maps to clear the Atlas (which was my goal for this league), and to progress in terms of gear.

Will check back in 4.0. If they’ve improved things, I will buy more MTX.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 19, 2019, 3:15:57 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2019, 5:53:37 AM
Trade works as long as you don’t always try to get the “cheapest” items on the list. 90% of the time they are there because of price fixing or they are players who couldn’t be arsed to sell those items in the first place.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Would be awesome if we had a GW2 style trade system where things get listed at X price and it gets listed as is without the need to wait for responses and visit hideouts.

Unfortunately, I don't think GGG sees any monetary incentive for that system.

Sorry if there's any typos, I'm piss drunk :D
"
cetvxs wrote:
Would be awesome if we had a GW2 style trade system where things get listed at X price and it gets listed as is without the need to wait for responses and visit hideouts.

Unfortunately, I don't think GGG sees any monetary incentive for that system.

Sorry if there's any typos, I'm piss drunk :D

Well FWIW, I’ll give them more MTX money if we get a new (and good) trade system. And if not, well, Steam is a big place.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 19, 2019, 3:36:46 AM
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Well FWIW, I’ll give them more MTX money if we get a new (and good) trade system. And if not, well, Steam is a big place.

trade won't change. not here. i could see it being this games downfall in the long run, but im enjoying SSF until then
Eh, can't really fault OP here. I've been there, it can be annoying af and a huge turn off. Especially if you don't have the patience.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
they designed every aspect of the game as being tradeable. other games make those account bound.
for that fact alone, trading is much too easy and comfortable.

for buying maps, there are ways around it like selling 3 maps of a descendent type , buy it off zana or use map sharing tools to swap maps with others. players considering these options means there is still a choice between them and outright buying the map from others.

mass trading currency is obviously not a thing a dev wants players to do easily.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
What is with people always swinging around their dick about how much money they spent on the game. It's not really relevant unless you are one of the very first big supporters.

even tben, try to play a subscription based game 4 years while spending 120$.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Or could stop being cheap and going for obvious fake listings.

Trade's no different to what it was 5 years ago, or anytime in between. Only difference now is you possibly don't know market prices so might not recognise the troll listings.

Actually i take that back, before the new API stuff half the time "online" players were offline since they logged off 4 hours ago but didnt update their listing status.

I've given up explaining why easier trade = worse drops, and why AH style trade is actually really bad for the game.
bye.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info