Auction house: Botting argument debunked

only players who get let's say 20 or maybe 24 challenges (where some of the easier ones are bot-unfriendly like logic puzzles and shit) in a league can ONLY IN THE NEXT LEAGUE (or 3 months minimum, respectively) use the auction house, which does NOT replace but only complement the current trading model. and for every 10 min of using it, you have to solve a captcha. there, botting argument debunked FOREVER.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2019, 11:17:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Excluding majority of your playerbase from a system they could use efficiently and introducing a system which might make a huge difference between this majority and part of the playerbase which uses the system is not a bright idea.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
This is by far one of the most stupidest suggestions ive read
Botting also has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons GGG won't implement an auction house...
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Excluding majority of your playerbase from a system they could use efficiently and introducing a system which might make a huge difference between this majority and part of the playerbase which uses the system is not a bright idea.

dude...

1. noobs do not care about competitiveness (cause what kind of sense would that make?!)

2. in the second league they're playing they can trade easily (instead of clunky)

thus your argument is absolute nonsense. but at least you tried to use an argument, unlike some other jokers invariably will do

benefit:

bots can't trade cause nobody has the time to actually play several accounts at the same time to a level where you get 24 challenges completed (which might be banned at any time, negating all your effort). I'll get to what bots have to do with an auction house later as that's a large topic

right now:
they (apparently) can be created at will and used for automated p2p stone age trading right away

added benefit:
this game is about the long-term suckers who buy supporter packs and other such useless cosmetics. they play every league anyway, but just in case, with concept you're making sure they do... they don't want to lose their trading privilege so they'll at least put in the "minimal" effort even if they don't like the league.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 18, 2019, 8:37:36 AM
Please read the trade manifesto:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

Bots are mentioned as an addendum, with all the important reasons why an auction house is not possible listed before.
Last edited by Cyzax on Oct 18, 2019, 8:45:03 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
only players who get let's say 20 or maybe 24 challenges (where some of the easier ones are bot-unfriendly like logic puzzles and shit) in a league can ONLY IN THE NEXT LEAGUE (or 3 months minimum, respectively) use the auction house, which does NOT replace but only complement the current trading model. and for every 10 min of using it, you have to solve a captcha. there, botting argument debunked FOREVER.

just move to china and play on the chinese realm because they have an AH.
Problem solved. :)
"
LMTR14 wrote:

I do agree that POE really needs an AH but exclude most the players from the system to avoid bots is not the answer to the problem, and avoid bots is not as hard as you think just a single bot unfriendly measure before being allowed to list items for sale for 5 min or so, and another one to post an offer would be more than enough to avoid them
They could introduce randomized puzzles in the acts that you have to complete to progress the story like touching certain stone pillars in order to filter out bots

They could do that if they wanted to get rid of bots
Need more brains, exile?
I'm reading all these AH suggestions and it looks like in the end we'll get an AH, but you'll need to solve captcha every 10 minutes, will have to complete 24 challenges to use it, you'll need to re-list all the items you have for sale every day, there will be a tax... did i miss something?

The current system works, just leave it as it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info