What do you think increased currency drop rates would do to the game?

Legion was good because so much currencies drop you can do a lot of experiments with crafts that you've not been able to do before. Farming splinters was super boring though.

Blight has really fun and good league mechanic. The blighted map drop chance are garbage as fuck I have no idea why they don't want people to participate in the ultimate feature that you get for playing the temp league.

"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
"
xMustard wrote:
isn't legion a poor example of player retention?
i can't remember, cause people always post how poor the retention is every single league - literally - so its really lost any credit at this point

talking about player retention, according to steamcharts, legion is in the 3rd place in terms of average online players count during the second month of the league.

1. betrayal - 36.7k
2. harbinger (3.0 launch) - 28k
3. legion - 26.4k
4. abyss - 26.1k

you admit it or not, legion was one of the best leagues in the history of this game, altho developers screwed up so badly (with t2 farming being as rewarding as red maps farming, and 4-5w headhunter shitruns), if they would balance these two things, it would be even more successful imo, almost ideal league.

this shitty tower defense league is nowhere near legion. developers must realize that removing artificially created scarcity in maps sustain and currency is a good thing for the game. people dont abandon the league because they are rich! if ppl are rich, they are crafting, min-maxing, forging new builds! if you would ask me the reasons why ppl abandon the league, i'll answer:

- they are tired of rng-gated and/or unrewarding endgame
- they are tired of poor loot and map sustain
- they are tired of obligatory fucking storyline per every new character so they need to spent several (or close to 6-8 hrs on average) hours doing the most tedious and unfun thing in the game.

i really hope the devs will adress this things in 3.9, and further implement the system that will provide an ability for players to interact with certain content that players want (ability to abandon unwanted masters and to focus on certain masters).
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Oct 18, 2019, 11:35:37 AM
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
i can't remember, cause people always post how poor the retention is every single league - literally - so its really lost any credit at this point

talking about player retention, according to steamcharts, legion is in the 3rd place in terms of average online players count during the second month of the league.

1. betrayal - 36.7k
3. legion - 26.4k
4. abyss - 26.1k

you admit it or not, legion was one of the best leagues in the history of this game, altho developers screwed up so badly (with t2 farming being as rewarding as red maps farming, and 4-5w headhunter shitruns), if they would balance these two things, it would be even more successful imo, almost ideal league.

this shitty tower defense league is nowhere near legion. developers must realize that removing artificially created scarcity in maps sustain and currency is a good thing for the game. people dont abandon the league because they are rich! if ppl are rich, they are crafting, min-maxing, forging new builds! if you would ask me the reasons why ppl abandon the league, i'll answer:

- they are tired of obligatory fucking storyline per every new character so they need to spent several (or close to 6-8 hrs on average) hours doing the most tedious and unfun thing in the game.

i really hope the devs will adress this things in 3.9, and further implement the system that will provide an ability for players to interact with certain content that players want (ability to abandon unwanted masters and to focus on certain masters).

You raise some good points here. They could take a look at torch light 2 synergies mod.

In tl2 synergies you can level up in dungeons instead of doing the story. Just slaying monsters and bosses that scale automatically with your charachter level.

I like blight league though. I just wish blighted maps weren't so rare. That's just silly.
if currency dropped more people would charge more for gg gear. inflation is inflation.
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

1. betrayal - 36.7k
3. legion - 26.4k
4. abyss - 26.1k

I need Synthesis league for core because i like content her
I miss the synthesis, at least i had something new to do, not a FUCKING PILLAR in the middle of the map, which by the way exists since the launch of the game
but unfortunately kids rejoice in candy and color, not something complex and new
Last edited by trezorzetto on Oct 18, 2019, 4:59:51 PM
Nothing, it'd make content more accessable for casuals and imo make them play longer. You guys seem to not realize that the top players every league know how to get what they need regardless of drop rates. I'm on xbox and I just stacked up 1300 sextants 40ex and that doesn't include my items monetary value.

I like the difference in rich and poor and it makes the game interesting. I don't think an increase in drop rates would really affect gameplay at all. The rich get richer the poor get a little less poor and the game goes on. More items get pished into the economy as a whole and people get their dopamine rushes as usual.

What's a gambling simulator if it never pays out anyways,? I love juicing maps with 5 sextants prophecies div card scarabs blah blah blah and getting a big return every 4-8 maps or so. The drop rates are crazy as it is people just have nno clue how to stack mods with each other. If the playerbase learned what the magic pack size sextant did too a valld map with 40% packsize and more magic monsters and hit it with bloodline and a prophecy theyd shit down their leg.
"
teknik1200 wrote:
if currency dropped more people would charge more for gg gear. inflation is inflation.

Then they'd just craft their own since they'd have currency to do so, which can also mean selling self crafted gear for those inflated prices. I bought and crafted far more gear last league than this one.
Well, I know what Legion did for me. I was able to complete everything in the league and craft stuff I never thought possible (only the streamers). I was able to not have to scratch and claw for every chaos orb and so everything became much more chill.

So, increased currency was amazing for me.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Oct 20, 2019, 2:29:19 AM
I didn't craft shit in Legion (Other than a sweet sword for my Cleave character) because there was no reason to.

Legion was dropping so much good shit it was impossible to not end up OP just using what dropped. Which is boring and dumb, I wanna do stuff, not just spam buttons.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info