What do you think increased currency drop rates would do to the game?

I'm a very casual player because I live in the countryside where there's no electricity 24/7, first of all.

I have some time playing and I've liked how the crafting can solve the eternal grind for gear, being PoE gear so diverse. I've got lucky with chromes many times by picking the right bases. In some cases, you cannot get the right base due to evasion/energy shield requirements for builds and in some cases, you need to use one specific unique. So crafting can be hard (if not a rabbit hole) sometimes and requires investment. I have dropped two exalts in my whole gameplay and haven't crafted with exalts yet and there's my wonder about currency drops. If the currency is used for crafting which helps with RNG then why is it so hard to come by? Do I need to become a streamer and make playing PoE my living so I can farm enough to craft successfully?

The only solution sometimes is to get someone to craft it and then buy it from them via the trade mechanisms. Which is basically getting someone to craft it for you, and why should they have the fun of crafting? because they have more time to play or use RMT? I think the main reason RMT is here is because of the low currency drop rate. Does GGG want RMT to exist because every ban can render a new resell of MTX like making botters buy the currency tab again?

This are just my thoughts and questions, I would like to read some more experienced players' opinions on increasing currency drop rates for the game.
Last edited by PyroGhostUltra on Oct 16, 2019, 10:00:07 AM
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2019, 5:50:20 AM
EX : 300c
Legion was a very bountiful league, currency dropping like water, many many exalts. Prices were ok-ish: 1 ex = 130-140 c.

So more currency drop imho is better, only if GGG an control the bots.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
Wish we had some market economists looking at PoE...I don't even think increases the EX drop rate would do anything other than decrease their cost and make C more solid as a currency...bit I'm no market econ and GGG didn't hire one, so...
All that would happen is that players would soon adjust to the new drop rates and would ask for even more. It's not about drop rates. It's about time spent. You would still be gaining as much value per hour as you currently do, but you would have larger stacks of stuff to represent it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
All that would happen is that players would soon adjust to the new drop rates and would ask for even more. It's not about drop rates. It's about time spent. You would still be gaining as much value per hour as you currently do, but you would have larger stacks of stuff to represent it.

yes and no. In a generic ARPG with gold or a similar currency I would agree with you. But since PoE has no "official" currency and every "currency item" is a consumable, which can be used for different effects outside trading, it may behave a little different.
But I think crafting would be more common, since you "lose" less time, if you get a bad result out of a ex usage.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
depends what currency you are talking about really, exalts are a little expensive in SC so you'd probably see more multi-modding and exalt crafts but apart from that you can fund any other type fairly easily.

If they are buffing something currency related it should be fossils in delve, take the fucking unique chests out from walls and all that other garbage and stop making 3/4 of fossils enchanted so we can fossil craft under our own steam again.
We dont need increased currency drop rates we need better chaos orb sinks instead of every good craft mod priced in exalts and entire leagues where zana mods are ... these.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 16, 2019, 12:45:21 PM
It would for sure make me play leagues longer..This league's drop rates are a fucking joke.
People would craft more, good rares would be more common, and currency itself would devalue.

What does currency devaluing mean? Basically, powerful uniques would cost more currency.

A headhunter would retain its intrinsic value, but if players have twice as many exalts, headhunter would be worth... twice as many exalts.

But crafting being easier would be a huge shift in SSF. Frankly GGG probably doesn't want this to happen, as more SSF players means less mtx sales.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info