[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

OMG. OMG.

I just did a Tier 3 Poorjoy's Asylum, deathless, nearly full clear. I know that's not as big a deal as Sirus, but it's a big deal to me.

Thank you so much for this build. It's a serious eye-opener.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Hi, could u pls have a look at my PoB and explain for me what could cause me to finish off bosses quite longer than you did. Thank you so much!

https://pastebin.com/pyL11Mu5
"
bryanking wrote:
Hi, could u pls have a look at my PoB and explain for me what could cause me to finish off bosses quite longer than you did. Thank you so much!

https://pastebin.com/pyL11Mu5
Really cool take on the archetype, I like the idea of using warcry to supplement your defenses! Looking at your PoB, it's true that your minions hit harder with each MI explosion than with the dualist build, but the actual dps calc is [average minion MI hit]*.2*[attacks per second] . Your cyclone hits 4.4 times per second, about half of my 8.25.

Adding as much attack speed as possible will dramatically improve your sentinel damage, which is most of our boss damage. I hope this helps!
"
Gruentod wrote:
OMG. OMG.

I just did a Tier 3 Poorjoy's Asylum, deathless, nearly full clear. I know that's not as big a deal as Sirus, but it's a big deal to me.

Thank you so much for this build. It's a serious eye-opener.
It's awesome hearing from people using and liking the build, so thank you for posting your experience :D
Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Feb 21, 2021, 6:03:41 PM
Firstly, I'm very much enjoying this build. It's a breath of fresh air after playing bow characters all league.

My question, however, is what are you giving the AG?
"If you nullify 10 paper plates with 10 slices of pizza then the developer nullify's how many slices of pepperoni you can sustain on said slices of pizza. I cannot fathom how the sauce can equate to crust." - Xdevore
"
Mikchi wrote:
Firstly, I'm very much enjoying this build. It's a breath of fresh air after playing bow characters all league.

My question, however, is what are you giving the AG?
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! I covered my AG selections back on page 26 if you want to go in to detail, but if you are asking what weapon I use, I've defaulted to Dying Breath for the nice safe damage bonus. Kingmaker theoretically is better, but the radius of the buff is so small it keeps dropping off so I ended up not using it.
Hey! Thanks for the fun build, man.

I have a problem, though with zombies and SoP not exploding, though.

I'm using a 1.92 APS claw and level 5 awakened cast while channeling. My zombies cap on 6 and then they stop exploding. Same thing happens with SoP - they cap at four and suddenly stop exploding.

I noticed this on my first Warlord fight, no explosions were happening and DPS stopped completely. I had to stop cycloning every now and then and micromanaging the zombie count constantly.

Is this because the older ones are being constantly refreshed before they can start exploding? Anything I can do about that othe then slowing down my attacks?

Also, I have noticed that sometimes the SoP stop exploding completely and follow me around through the area. Any ideas what causes that?

EDIT: I just figured it out. I was using the normal infernal legion instead of Anomalous infernal legion and the zombies were not getting damage fast enough.

Fixes it now :D

EDIT2: My god.. turns out I was fighting with two hands behind my back. Good grief :D
Last edited by garach on Feb 28, 2021, 2:08:22 PM
Mid-league update! I have been messing around with an Enduring Cry/Transcendence version of this build and I like it enough that I want to post it here (Thanks Baleric for letting me on to this idea). The basic idea is we get physical damage reduction from 100% uptime on enduring cry buff (just hold enduring cry down constantly; I put cyclone on q and enduring cry on w), while our armor goes toward elemental damage mitigation via Transcendence. Overall it has about 2x the elemental damage reduction vs the 2.12 variant, and generally feels more tanky and less spiky, with the only exception being nasty damage over time mechanics, like shaper's beam.

I think this is the variant I'll be sticking with this league so I wanted to be sure to post it for those interested, as well as some videos of invitations! I hope you enjoy.

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/emy7xyJU

- Note you can also make a dual-cluster jewel version of this, but you loose some life and are forced in to expensive 4-node medium clusters to fill out the 2nd cluster, and it doesn't really work for anything below lvl 93-94 as you just dont have the passives, so I recommend this pob overall.

Lex Ejores Invitation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVfeUS8DGI

The Formed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUmBZPwENWs

Current Gear:

Last edited by Peterrabbit_01 on Mar 9, 2021, 12:19:03 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the great guide, I'm really enjoying the game style here!

This is my first league playing SSF and this is obviously not the best build to follow for that given the amount of key items to make it work but I'm determined to eventually get there. So far it's workable in Yellow maps and I can feel the potential.

What I'm enjoying the most is that with the survivability I get time to work out if I should persist with something or bail. In other builds I've played it's usually BOOM you're dead but here you usually can see your regen not keeping up and can actually sense the danger you are in.

Here's my current gear, plenty of scope for improvement!

Last edited by Aldora_the_Summoner on Apr 9, 2021, 2:20:29 AM
So, I'm basically done with the league. I did manage to get 24 challenges, which seemed a bit touch-and-go there, for a while.

I'll need to figure out how to post my character as a pastebin for PoB, but I can tell you I was using the basic gear setup, less the Aul's amulet. I was also swapping out Purity auras for shoring up my elemental resists. (Purity of Elements was a regular option; I know it was probably keeping my minions from blowing up as quickly, but I felt the extra resists were worth it.)

I died a lot, even by my standards. (There's a reason I don't play Hardcore very much.) 212 times by the time I got my 24th challenge.

Having said that, this character was also my most successful, by multiple measures.

• It's my highest level character to date, at 92 and 48%. (I've been at level 92 for a while now; see above. At one point I got as high as 59%, I want to say, but you know how that goes.)
  • This character went the deepest into the Atlas of my entire PoE existence... and I've been playing before there was an Atlas.
  • During this league, I picked up at least three new Achievements as well as 24 challenges.
  • I unlocked Sirus for the first time.
  • I had my first two Sirus battles. They might also be my last two Sirus battles, but that's a different subject entirely.
  • Heists were a cakewalk. A few tense moments in the Twins battle, but that's about it.

That's all I can think of this morning, almost 12 hours fresh off finishing my challenges. If I think of more, I may post them here. Suffice it to say, I've really enjoyed this build, and assuming I come back to PoE next league, I expect I'll be trying to do this one as a league starter.

Thanks again for this build. I don't think it's hyperbole to say it changed everything for me. :D
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info