Did GGG bow to the trade-BOTs and gave up?

When I do currency searches I lose the interest to play PoE. Not as I don't like the game. But as I HATE cheater, abuser and BOT users so much!!

And then I have to notice ... ANY currency trade is 110% controled by BOTs!
Not only the Currency/Fragment market but too the OP-unique market and sometimes even the FOTM-rare markets :(.

GGG, did you simply gave up the fight against 3d-party RMT and BOTs ???
Last edited by Schakar on Oct 13, 2019, 9:56:16 AM
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2019, 11:04:36 AM
Well...at least the bots answer the trade chat...
I'm 300% sure that your post is an inaccurate exaggeration of actual facts.

I'm actually annoyed by this.

Also, my experience implies that bots aren't the majority of traders.
"
Ringcycle wrote:

Not funny without /ironic tags. Remember ... people can not read your mind and so many might belive you realy mean what you write.
They are like dentists, a necessary evil.

No but really, I hate bots too and have reported them but clearly this isn't a problem for T-3xG.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 13, 2019, 10:49:17 AM
"
Schakar wrote:
"
Ringcycle wrote:

Not funny without /ironic tags. Remember ... people can not read your mind and so many might belive you realy mean what you write.

I will try to remember this for you. Tagging my sarcasm does make it less funny to me -seeing as I identify with the Trickster. I'd prefer to leave the person wondering if I'm really serious.
Or maybe we could toy with small "conspiracy theory"? Just for fun? Let's look at GGG's policy first. Everything is clear here. No bots, no RMT, everything is forbidden, not even talking about it. This attitude is not surprising. If a company like GGG even had a shadow of suspicion that it wasn't fighting RMT or even making money on trading with ingame currency, it would be over. Even the greatest fanatics would not swallow such a thing. What's more, even if GGG secretly tried to earn on RMT, it would sooner or later be disclosed, because it is a company and not a KGB. Therefore, GGG can be considered completely clean.

But there is also another player here. Tencent. A company that is known, for example, for such fun games as mining cryptocurrencies using the computers of players who play games owned by Tencent, like League of Legends for instance. So it would be enough for Tencent to own an army of bots and chain stores selling ingame currency for real money. Then the same Tencent, as the owner of GGG, could order one simple thing. They could just say "hey, focus on new extensions and MTX, because this is the most important thing, not the fight with bots".

In this way, bots work en masse, not disturbed by anyone, GGG has a clear conscience, because it does not trade ingame currency and is able to prove it in any court. And the one who should earn on it - earns :P
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
"
Ringcycle wrote:
"
Schakar wrote:
"
Ringcycle wrote:

I will try to remember this for you. Tagging my sarcasm does make it less funny to me -seeing as I identify with the Trickster. I'd prefer to leave the person wondering if I'm really serious.

Well, I understod your /irony (hint: bold 300%)... even if you don't seam to understand my critic ;).
And I like rool-/cosplay. But part of it is to know the right time to do it ... and the wrong. That's what the good devide fromt he bad players ;).
Last edited by Schakar on Oct 13, 2019, 10:40:25 AM
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
Or maybe we could toy with small "conspiracy theory"?

No, please not. The code of cunduction is clear and GGG proved they once cared about it. We had several ban-waves.

They are just TO RARE!
Once a week at random days + random time ... just hit the button: "Scan for trade-BOTs and perma delete acc/inventory/last10item-mules".
item-mule == no or very low value for one side, large stacks of currence at the other side
example: 10 exalt for 1 white iLevel 3 ring
Last edited by Schakar on Oct 13, 2019, 10:49:16 AM
"
Ringcycle wrote:

I'm actually annoyed by this.

Also, my experience implies that bots aren't the majority of traders.

This.

People don't realize how long things stay listed after they've sold.

There are some bots out there for sure, you can hunt for them if you know how. Bot hunting can be kind of fun actually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info