New TOS sucks ass, we need politics allowed in global pls

"
Boem wrote:
Can we not pretend like saying "everything has boundaries" is either insightfull or a meaningfull response to my post.
Sure. Why, did someone say that? I was only arguing that this forum had boundaries.

"
Boem wrote:
The point of boundaries is that they are defined so people can adopt them, which religion and politics are not since they overlap in general themes constantly.
I agree that religion and (especially) politics are not strictly defined categories. But "needlessly negative" is not strictly defined either, nor is "obnoxious", "antagonistic", "causing harm to someone's reputation", "disruption" etc. It's all intentionally fuzzy and up to moderator discretion, always has been.

If you'd like GGG to add a bit more clarity on what the politics and religion rule is intended to cover, I'd be on board with that, but you don't actually get good results by nailing down precisely what people can and can't do; what that ends up doing is teaching bad actors how to dodge consequences.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Oct 7, 2019, 11:53:03 PM
"
"
Boem wrote:
The point of boundaries is that they are defined so people can adopt them, which religion and politics are not since they overlap in general themes constantly.
I agree that religion and (especially) politics are not strictly defined categories. But "needlessly negative" is not strictly defined either, nor is "obnoxious", "antagonistic", "causing harm to someone's reputation", "disruption" etc. It's all intentionally fuzzy and up to moderator discretion, always has been.

Antagonistic is easier to define though, imo.

That said, for 1~2 years I've noticed a tendancy of some moderators around here to just ... not be really following any rule and just do whatever the hell they want.
It's been completely arbitrary, under the "needlessely negative" flag, which is a very fuzzy notion, I can definitely agree with this one.

The previous page as of today ( hopefully it won't last more than a day if that's all there was to it ) is a ridiculous example of this.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 7, 2019, 11:32:35 PM
The new TOS brings us together as one, in harmony.

Peace,

The_Impeacher

Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Why would you even use a global chat? That is like using a public bathroom.. dont do it.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Politics is what we feel when others have nothing to say about it.
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Why would you even use a global chat? That is like using a public bathroom.. dont do it.

I must agree there lol.

(Although where I live, public bathrooms are most of the time clean, but that's definitely not a world standard by any mean :3)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 8, 2019, 2:04:48 AM

If u want to discuss politics, why not join a real chat or discussion.

Why the fuck you think its okay to bring your filth into a videogame chat?

Do you also discuss gun laws in a yoga class?
Cooking recipes at Hockey game?

Get a life.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
China doesn't like discussions about controversial topics.
Censored.
It's really funny how us humans keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. Trying to gain control over each other with force.

Censorship needs an extremely good reason, not just convenience or the whims of those in control - or it will do more damage than harm.

Mark my words - innocent people will be stricken by this, people with no ill intention and not even trolls, just people used to freedom of speech.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 8, 2019, 5:38:10 PM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Hey now :P the channel i hang out in is actually mostly chill and everyone is pretty respectful and nice, OFC im never posting what channel that is here on the forums lol.

Global 1 2 3 4 5 lasjfsjfsdfj and 820 tho? meh there's a reason i had global turned off literally for years.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 8, 2019, 5:47:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info