New TOS sucks ass, we need politics allowed in global pls

like why do u have to do this why cant u let us discuss things freely , why do u have to police us so much, i miss the old days
Last edited by Sarah on Oct 8, 2019, 7:19:55 PM
Last bumped on Oct 8, 2019, 7:19:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
People actually discuss topics in Global?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
But it's very peaceful. :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
KingCroc wrote:
like why do u have to do this why cant u let us discuss things freely , why do u have to police us so much, i miss the old days

Too much salt was generated. It was dehydrating the forum. The 2020 US elections would've turned this place into the Dead Sea. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It’s not a bad rule imo. Anonymous political speech tends to be super toxic and difficult to moderate. Easier to just ban it entirely.

The timing of the rule change was kind of suspicious though, very close to the anniversary of a certain event in China.
Politics in global is fucking exhausting. I'm glad they are banning for it. Find somewhere else to prove your are right and everyone else with an opinion is wrong.

Politics is fucking everywhere already... I'm glad they are doing something about it in POE global... it has no place there.
"
KingCroc wrote:
New TOS sucks ass, we need politics allowed in global pls

Wut? Banning politics was the single best thing ever period!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I'm not sure what politics in "global" means unless it is politics is globally banned everywhere?

I participated in the political discussions but think that the ban was reasonable and probably for the good, especially likely helping the sanity and life of the moderators. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Politics is banned in chat? [Removed by Support]

Best ToS update ever!
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Oct 6, 2019, 7:36:41 PM
Politics can be an interesting, engaging, and civil topic for discussion.

But unfortunately, there were trolls that were disrespectful to others and would ignore facts, just so they could try to bother and derail others trying to have a mature discussion.

It was probably just easier for GGG to put a blanket ban on all political talk rather than having to moderate it.
IIRC, the politics ban also applies to the forums too. A rather large Trump-related thread in Off Topic was closed because some trolls kept harassing the people that frequently visited it.
Last edited by IllustrativeCapital on Oct 6, 2019, 7:38:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info