Elder Map bosses (T16) dropping t1 Maps

The bosses do seem quite odd with map drops this league, out of well over 100 shaped moon temples t15 I have gotten one t16 map drop, 99% of the time it drops 9 10 11 maps which is exactly what the unshaped version would drop. Same exact thing with elder burial, over 300 of those ran probably closer to 500 but I dont count and ive gotten maybe 3 t16 maps from boss. These maps are all with 4 additional mob sext, chised, rolled to min 85/25 then vaald, 3 sacs and 30% quant from proph's as much as it procs usually 1 in 4 maps is under prophecy and not a single elder burial has been ran without influence. All my unidentified get ran with unid sext so when prophecy procs on those its over 200% quant. I should be drowning in maps under these circumstances and I am sustaining but usually by this time im selling t15/16 surplus.

Rng is rng I accept it in games but something seems really off with the bosses drop rates of maps on shaped/eldered maps this time around. Ive made the comment to numerous friends over the last week and when I read it here it confirmed I wasnt just bitching about bad luck, somethings different.
I had a look into this, but I don't see a bug anywhere.

Map bosses have their special chance to drop an adjacent map, which in an Eldered low tier map, will probably be low tier, as you'd expect. Unless you specifically also Shaped/Eldered the adjacent maps to be higher.

Otherwise Map bosses just drop regular items, albeit with higher quantity and rarity than regular monsters. So the chances of the Map boss itself dropping a T16 map are quite low, as you'd expect.

Nothing has really changed here for 3.8.0, and it all seems to be working as expected, as far as I can see.
Code warrior
Seems like this is intended, really.

GGG thinks you should stay in white tiers this league.
I got it too finally. After yesterdays playsession dropped T1 on... T14!!!

Thats all.
No wonder so many players left so fast.
Do you think this is normal? I can’t believe it ..
[Removed by Support]
People had no problem with map sustain even when they were skipping bosses, so the fact that an Eldered Map Boss isn't (particularly) likely to drop a T16 map shouldn't really be the breaking point for map sustain.

Personally, I think a map should count as being adjacent to itself, so that when you're running a map for the first time early in the league you can get drops of itself in it, to help you continue to run it so you can get the following tier drops.

That way, Shaped and Eldered maps would have a chance to drop themselves from the boss, and even though that's still going to have a chance at low tier results, it's still a step up in map sustain for those maps.
"
Rhys wrote:

Map bosses have their special chance to drop an adjacent map, which in an Eldered low tier map, will probably be low tier, as you'd expect. Unless you specifically also Shaped/Eldered the adjacent maps to be higher.

Otherwise Map bosses just drop regular items, albeit with higher quantity and rarity than regular monsters. So the chances of the Map boss itself dropping a T16 map are quite low, as you'd expect.

Nothing has really changed here for 3.8.0, and it all seems to be working as expected, as far as I can see.

ok thanks for clarification rhys.

i would like to make a plea to you tho, by my reckoning about 85-90% of map drops from bosses are the from the adjacent map drop system. you guys said you were adding extra map drops to bosses to make them worth running...

running 150 t16 maps i probably got 70 map drops from this adjacent mechanic, which because i was running shaped/elder maps were all unplayable shit. if i was running non shaped maps doing those t16s that would be 70 x t15 maps... thats a lot of maps mate, a lot of really good maps that i got screwed out of because i was stupid enough to shape a map.

is that really the state the game wants to be in now? that shaping maps hurts you that much? imo thats completely ridiculous, this adjacent map mechanic has absolutely destroyed the map shaping mechanic which is what lets us actually play the maps we want to play, and thats what makes the game fun to grind, speaking for myself without map shaping im not playing this game, thats how much of a deal breaker it is.
I have the same problem, then I looked at youtube and found this guy that seems to have found a bug.

Many other players seems to have the same problem, so there is definetly something wrong with drop rate on elder maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30mbUTmHdo
Then... I changed my elder map to another and run 5 or 6 maps to get only 2.

Great... I am going to play something else and wait for a patch, this game has a lot of crashes (I play on PS4), no loot, no map sustain, it is like they are doing everything they can to push us away from the game.

Maybe blight consumes too much resources from the server and they are trying to push people away, well I don't know.

What I know is blight is a lot of fun, first time having a necro build and I am loving it but if there is no loot nor a way to sustain maps, what am I doing here?

GGG, don't bother coming in december with the new league trying to sell stuff pretending blight didn't exist if you don't fix it.

I may not have supporter packs, but I bought every damm stash tab in this game and I am not going to support this game anymore.
"
Rhys wrote:

Why dont you guys try playing the game yourselves, just run 4 or 5 maps and test what we are talking about.
"
Rhys wrote:

What about

"
Chris wrote:
Map bosses have also been increased in difficulty, but drop more items than before. Each map boss also has a flat 20% chance to drop an additional map. This does not apply multiple times for maps that have multiple bosses, nor does it double up when a map boss is twinned.

with this :
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps

If we check Snorkle's stats again :

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

1. leyline (tier 4)
2. leyline (tier 4)
3. Nothing
4. Nothing
5. Nothing
6. Lighthouse (tier 6)
7. Nothing
8. Nothing
9. Nothing
10. Nothing
11. leyline (tier 4)
12. Nothing
13. leyline (tier 4)
14. Nothing
15. leyline (tier 4)
16. Nothing

17. lava chamber (tier 10) <<<<

18. Nothing
19. Nothing
20. Lighthouse (tier 6)
21. Nothing
22. Lighthouse (tier 6)
23. Lighthouse (tier 6)

24. Caldera (t11) <<<<<<

25. Racecourse (tier 6)
26. Racecourse (tier 6)
27. Lighthouse (tier 6)
28. Nothing
29. leyline (tier 4)
30. Lighthouse (tier 6)
31. Nothing
32. Nothing
33. Nothing
34. Nothing

35. Crimson Temple <<<<< + Racecourse (tier 6)

36. leyline (tier 4)
37. Nothing

38. Bone Crypt (tier 6) <<<<<

39. Nothing
40. nothing

There are only 4 instances of a non adjacent map drop from the boss.
That's 10%, not 20%.
Adjacent maps however ... from this sample are dropping 37.5% of the time.

Sure, it isn't a sample of 1345654654 maps with very reliable results, but doesn't it seem odd at all ?

Could you guys run a simulation of a 1000 shaped maps and check all the map drops from the boss ?

Why can this 'adjacent map drop' 'buff' not be just. simply. disabled for shaped and elder maps ? It does not make sense for it to be active for these maps to begin with, or ? It's inconsistent, and on top of that seems quite buggy.

"
Why dont you guys try playing the game yourselves, just run 4 or 5 maps and test what we are talking about.

4 or 5 maps would be a meaningless sample though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 1, 2019, 10:17:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info