Elder Map bosses (T16) dropping t1 Maps

Hello,

The map drops from bosses in Elder maps are buggy.

Running with 154 atlas bonus and get t1 or t3 drops on Alleyways

https://imgur.com/a/bxGWBgt

Reference:

Similar issue:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2541950/
Last bumped on Oct 3, 2019, 10:13:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
welcome to poe
ok im gonna copy pasta a post i made in another thread here...

my drops from shaped maps are really awful atm, gonna make a main post about it cause im not even sure its a bug, but im gonna post some info here while im here...

im running t16 elder beaches, I have all maps joining to elder beach completed, here are my drops for the last 40 maps ive run...

1. leyline (tier 4)
2. leyline (tier 4)
3. Nothing
4. Nothing
5. Nothing
6. Lighthouse (tier 6)
7. Nothing
8. Nothing
9. Nothing
10. Nothing
11. leyline (tier 4)
12. Nothing
13. leyline (tier 4)
14. Nothing
15. leyline (tier 4)
16. Nothing

17. lava chamber (tier 10) <<<<

18. Nothing
19. Nothing
20. Lighthouse (tier 6)
21. Nothing
22. Lighthouse (tier 6)
23. Lighthouse (tier 6)

24. Caldera (t11) <<<<<<

25. Racecourse (tier 6)
26. Racecourse (tier 6)
27. Lighthouse (tier 6)
28. Nothing
29. leyline (tier 4)
30. Lighthouse (tier 6)
31. Nothing
32. Nothing
33. Nothing
34. Nothing

35. Crimson Temple <<<<< + Racecourse (tier 6)

36. leyline (tier 4)
37. Nothing

38. Bone Crypt (tier 6) <<<<<

39. Nothing
40. nothing

I have highlighted the 4 proper map drops in these 40 maps run. 4 proper map drops.

4 map drops

40 maps run

4 maps....

the rest are dropping t4s and t6s that are directly linked to my beach...

why am I getting t4 linked map drops? the t4 leyline is completed on my atlas, why is my T16 map boss dropping t4 leylines so much? Are bosses not supposed to have an additional 20% or 25% chance to drop a map because you wanted us to actually kill bosses? Why are my bosses dropping proper maps at a 10% rate over all while i endlessly get maps that are linked to my map?

what is up with this?

bug or just bullshit mechanics?

im unsure, but something needs changed here. I feel like you guys have properly screwed up map drops from shaped maps, last time i quit playing this game the straw that broke the camel was not being able to run maps because of this thread, u had fucked up our drops so i couldnt even play your game. tbh it doesnt look to me like u really fixed it? whats going on?

this pattern of map drops has been going on for about 150+ map runs, Ive got maybe 8 proper map drops in those 150+ maps, the rest are leylines, racecourses, the maps directly linked to beach which at t6 and t4s, meanwhile im killing a t16 boss for these map drops?

Ive run about another 15 or so beaches since and its all been nothing drops or one of the t4/6 maps directly linked to beach.

Im basically at the point where im gonna stop playing again cause im convinced my map drops are fucked.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 24, 2019, 2:23:51 PM
"
Hello,

The map drops from bosses in Elder maps are buggy.

Running with 154 atlas bonus and get t1 or t3 drops on Alleyways

https://imgur.com/a/bxGWBgt

Reference:

Similar issue:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2541950/

Thanks for your report, as far as I can tell this is intended (assuming your Jungle Valley map isn't Shaped or Elder on the Atlas).

Rhys has responded in the thread you linked.

You can also go through this thread here which has some more information about what's happening.
these are supposed to be additional drops of adjacent maps, but if a map is elder then why would that mechanic still apply when the adjacent maps are so far out of being level appropriate?

this quote...

"
This additional map drop does NOT make you lose out on other maps, this was something we introduced in 3.7.0 which has an additional chance to drop an adjacent map ALONG with any other maps that the Map Boss can drop.

are you sure its not making us lose out on other drops? look at the data im posting, ive had about 8 map drops outside of this mechanic in around 150 elder beaches run. These maps are being run chiselled, rolled, sextants, some of these maps are 140%, 150%, 160%+ quantity and Im getting roughly 8 drops out of that many maps run?

is there not supposed to be a mechanic you guys added where bosses had an extra chance to drop a map, and it was around a 20-25% chance, in order to make bosses worth running?

can you guys actually check what is supposed to be dropping and what is actually dropping from maps like mine because i just cant get my head around what im getting in game being correct.
Dear Jatin

Thanks for your response.

The problem is, they are almost never drop higher maps on Elder maps. See post from Snorkle_uk. On t16 Guarians it's completely different.
are you guys taking this seriously? have you decided this is a bug not working as intended or not?

im sitting around with my friend who i play with an were basically just not playing, we dont know what to do. We have tons of high level maps and were not running them, we feel like the game is fucked and we cant play so were just... what do we do? Were sort of half running t13 maps... is this a bug? are you going to do something about it? or are you just working on other things and this is not something you think is a problem or will ever 'fix'?

we dont want to play the game properly until we know, and we dont want to play the game at all if we cant play shaped maps so any word on how you guys are seeing this over there would be awesome cause then we can either keep waiting or just give up again and go elsewhere.

obviously im not expecting a fix tomorrow, or this week, or even next week, but if i know ones coming ill stick around and farm the low level maps, build up currency and higher maps etc while we wait, IF we know something is eventually gonna get fixed here.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Sep 27, 2019, 1:05:34 PM
Never run shaped maps that are not anywhere near other high tier maps.

All you will get is maps that are 5 or more levels below the map tier you are running, at least that's my experience.
WOW I was gonna post about this but figured id get a 100 replies of ppl saying its just bad luck, or "welcome to poe" but this league is absolutely different, the elder and shaper map drops are bugged, its like the game isnt registerring them as the actual level they are I get maps of the un elder/unshaped level 99% of the time, its not right.
"
TraePOE wrote:
WOW I was gonna post about this but figured id get a 100 replies of ppl saying its just bad luck, or "welcome to poe" but this league is absolutely different, the elder and shaper map drops are bugged, its like the game isnt registerring them as the actual level they are I get maps of the un elder/unshaped level 99% of the time, its not right.

i posted a thing in feedback regarding mapping issues and the first response was a guy who had basically stopped shaping his maps, has presumed it was bugged and was waiting for a fix...

was he just gonna wait forever? was this even on the devs radar? is it even on their radar now?

basically with the new mechanics brought in recently while ive been away from the game if you shape any maps on your atlas youre a fking idiot and your map sustain will go down the toilet.

if you shape a t8 to a t13 the shaped map will drop, and when u run it by my estimation about 85-90% of your map drops from the boss will be t7 or t9 maps, rather than the t12 or t14 maps u should be getting from a normal non shaped map. So any shaping of the atlas is catastrophic to playing maps, no shapers orbs should ever be used by anyone.

ggg havent warned players about this from what ive seen, if this isnt a bug its something that should really have been put in a massive warning on the front page that shaping maps was now a trap and would fuck up your game. why are shaper and elder orbs still in the game if were basically not supposed to use them? if its not a bug i dont understand why such a severe punishment has been introduced for playing shaped maps?

map sustain is your ability to play the game, you cant afford to fuck up peoples ability to find maps, you cant have this be a bug or an oversight in the game because this is our endgame, this is our access, without maps of the appropriate level we have nothing to log in and play.

all the rage posts you see on the forum with people unable to sustain maps... obviously some people have worked this out, us in this thread for example, but i feel like 99% of players are completely ignorant right now that using any shapers orbs will fuck up their atlas and their map sustain. If they actually understood what was going on there would be a lot of unhappy people.

I came back to this game a while back, many months ago, and was actually quite enjoying maps for the first time in ages. Then i realised my shaped maps were dorpping unshaped and that was fucking up my map sustain, so I felt forced to stop playing essentially. Now im back, the new master system is amazing, the game is actually really great fun again, maybe the best its ever been in endgame... and now i realise the reason im getting hardly any map returns is because map drops are fucked, again, just like last time.

its so disheartening and i got to be honest here, rly fking infuriating. Wevew asked for an alternative to playing maps in endgame for so long and theyre not gonna add it, basically they want everything to revolve around maps, thats clear, maps is the core of what they expect us to play all day every day. Ok... so you REALLY cant afford to fuck this aspect of the game up right? Maps were fucked like 3 or 4 months ago when i was last here, i come back and theyre still fucked....

really? fucking hell man are you serious?

forgive im having a bad day, wrong side of bed today just one of those things so im not sugar coating as much as i should, but these seemingly endless map bugs are just exasperating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info