Elder Map bosses (T16) dropping t1 Maps

"
Hello,

The map drops from bosses in Elder maps are buggy.

Running with 154 atlas bonus and get t1 or t3 drops on Alleyways

https://imgur.com/a/bxGWBgt

Reference:

Similar issue:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2541950/

Thanks for your report, as far as I can tell this is intended (assuming your Jungle Valley map isn't Shaped or Elder on the Atlas).

Rhys has responded in the thread you linked.

You can also go through this thread here which has some more information about what's happening.
I had a look into this, but I don't see a bug anywhere.

Map bosses have their special chance to drop an adjacent map, which in an Eldered low tier map, will probably be low tier, as you'd expect. Unless you specifically also Shaped/Eldered the adjacent maps to be higher.

Otherwise Map bosses just drop regular items, albeit with higher quantity and rarity than regular monsters. So the chances of the Map boss itself dropping a T16 map are quite low, as you'd expect.

Nothing has really changed here for 3.8.0, and it all seems to be working as expected, as far as I can see.
Code warrior
The old 20% chance for a map boss to drop a random map was removed back in 3.7.0, and replaced with a 33% chance to drop an adjacent map. So the total number of maps dropped is actually higher now, but the tier distribution depends on which maps are adjacent and whether they are shaped, etc. We have posted about this before.

[Edit] the old 20% chance was actually removed in 3.2.0. The new 33% chance was added in 3.7.0.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Oct 3, 2019, 9:16:27 PM
The 3.7.0. change was a minor nerf to Shaped/Eldered low tier maps, and a decent buff to overall Atlas progression, as well as a buff to Shaped/Eldered maps of higher tiers.

This was only for the one special map boss drop (at x% chance). Regular map drops (i.e. the vast majority of your map drops) were unaffected.

Overall balance of T16 map sustain etc. is a separate topic.
Code warrior
Just a quick clarification, the old map boss drop system (20% chance to drop any map) was actually removed in 3.2.0 (Bestiary). The new 33% chance to drop an adjacent map was added in 3.7.0 (Legion).

The original post of this thread was regarding an Elder map boss dropping T1 maps, despite an Atlas bonus of over 100%. This is intended, if the T1 map is adjacent, because the Atlas bonus does not apply to adjacent map drops. So this is not a bug.
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info