POE Freezes, crashes and reboots my entire PC.

Lets just start out with the specs :

9900K 5.0, also tried lower OC.
z390 Strix Mobo
EVGA 2080 XC RTX
16 GB 3200 G Skill
Etc ... Very high end.

Ive been playing poe without any problems up til Blight.

Litterally today my pc alone crashed and rebooted over 10 times!

I litterally just turned on my pc, started POE to afk in hideout, to see if any bidders on my high value items would come, and then tjek my pc 5-10 min between. While doing shit in my house..

Coming back to pc first time, it rebooted. i was like Probably a windows update..

Coming back 10 mins later. Rebooted.

10 Mins later, i Actually caught it crashing!

Monitor on left & right turned black. POE in middle just froze.

Pc rebooted after 10 secs.

The PC is doing NOTHING else then being en POE. Im not even touching the pc or moving my character.

It gives me a Kernel 41 error.

This is not a problem with my PC. I can run, stream and do everything else. Without a problem.

Actually joke, a 3K PC cant run a free game.
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2019, 3:01:35 PM
It may be an issue with the Nvidia graphics driver, try other games, it should crash in the first 5-10 minutes. If that's the case, then you should try an older driver for your graphics card.
Trust me, ive tried.

Download CPUID HWMonitor or any software that monitors computer temperatures. Launch it and task manager and monitor both while playing the game. Could be something is overheating from throttling and once it reaches the safety temperature it shuts down.

I had one rig years ago where my safety temperature somehow got set super low, but I assume these other games would cause similar issues if that was the case.

If something is throttling or overheating, could be a number of things. Run as admin, PackCheck, video card settings, conflicting third-party programs/malware, non-video card drivers, faulty hardware, etc.
Looks like your vcard overheated for some reason (experienced all the same once by myself, my vcard cooler didnt work at that moment).
GGG introduced a bug in their last patch, even ZiggyD and other streamers with top not PC´s are crashing all the time.

We can only wait for a fix, my game did run fine before their latest patch too, now it´s a slightshow witth "exception" whatever that may mean...
Same exact problem here, same reboot exception though my specs aren't as beefy. Haven't been playing that long but it didn't happen in Legion.

GTX 1080
i7-4770K
1KW XFX PSU

Random reboots, only PoE. Benchmarks and far more demanding games have no issues. Temps are all good (60-65C for CPU, 70-79C GPU).

Hopefully they issue a fix or a workaround soon.
I've been having the same problem since the start of the league,black screen monitor with no signal, i've tested 5 different nvidia drivers and it still happened.
Looks like the game crashes and it crashes the nvidia driver,on 436.02 driver my monitor goes black then recovers but on 436.30 latest driver i have to restart my pc.
It happened today too with the new patch,in the past 4-5 days i've been playing Borderlands 3 for 30 h and no problem.
Only fix for this problem with poe is to underclock my gpu(it's factory oc)
Last edited by Scientist_ on Sep 19, 2019, 4:50:18 AM
same issue with gtx 2080

pc freeze and a manual restart is required
Having the reboot issue since last week's patch... was thinking it was the unexpected error which some were receiving. So I waited till todays patch that fixed that error. However, my pc still reboots.

This is a PoE only issue, started since last weeks patch. Up untill then I could stay logged in for hours and hours without any issues. So it is not a power, software driver or hardware issue. Other games still run without any issues as well. My gpu temperature does not go above 60C degrees(always have gputemp on).

GPU: rtx 2080 ti gaming x trio (4k with global illumination)
Last edited by sarannah101 on Sep 19, 2019, 7:41:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info