NVM its just a visual "bug"

When you detonate mines they are supposed to detonate in a chain/sequence and as you keep throwing them it should be detonating until you run out...

However I have a build where I can throw mines as fast as the detonation...

The detonation chain/sequence will just stop, even though there are mines ready to be detonated...

Here's a gif I recorded to demonstrate the bug

Just pay attention to the number on the top left which shows the number of mines I have out...

It can change as well, sometimes detonating only a few mines before stopping

Sometimes detonating many mines but abruptly stopping, even when it has more mines to continue detonating in the sequence....

This is a game breaking bug

On top of that, that speed is with a low level Swift Assembly

Which means I'll be throwing them out even faster as I level up and improve my gear etc...

Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 16, 2019, 6:53:04 PM
Last bumped on Oct 4, 2019, 3:25:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
When you detonate mines they are supposed to detonate in a chain/sequence and as you keep throwing them it should be detonating until you run out...

However I have a build where I can throw mines as fast as the detonation...

The detonation chain/sequence will just stop, even though there are mines ready to be detonated...

Here's a gif I recorded to demonstrate the bug

Just pay attention to the number on the top left which shows the number of mines I have out...

It can change as well, sometimes detonating only a few mines before stopping

Sometimes detonating many mines but abruptly stopping, even when it has more mines to continue detonating in the sequence....

This is a game breaking bug

On top of that, that speed is with a low level Swift Assembly

Which means I'll be throwing them out even faster as I level up and improve my gear etc...

You mentioned "However I have a build where I can throw mines as fast as the detonation..." but that can't be true because mine detonation accelerates.
This is mentioned in the 3.8.0 patch notes here, the specific note: "When detonating multiple mines, they are detonated in an accelerating sequence based on distance from your initial detonation target."

The number on the top-left will still display mines which have already detonated, this might be what's causing some confusion. The number on the top-left will not go away until the mine has expired which is a little after detonation, however your mana reservation from a mine will be removed when the mine detonates.

Something else which might cause the behaviour in the gif you have is when you reach your maximum number of mines placed, placing another mine will cause your oldest mine to expire, it's completely possible for this to break the detonation chain based on timing.

I hope this helps explain what's happening here.
Nvm I get it

Its just a visual bug with the number showing available mines when it shouldnt be

In the case where if im throwing it too fast before the detonation has time to ramp up, I can cancel the chain by throwing too many mines
Last edited by Bloomania on Sep 16, 2019, 6:53:59 PM
"
So I am throwing my mines faster than they can detonate and that's canceling the detonation chain?

"
"However I have a build where I can throw mines as fast as the detonation..." but that can't be true because mine detonation accelerates.

Which... you then explain that im throwing it faster than it can detonate the ones already on the ground.... so...

"
Something else which might cause the behaviour in the gif you have is when you reach your maximum number of mines placed, placing another mine will cause your oldest mine to expire, it's completely possible for this to break the detonation chain based on timing.

???

How do I fix this issue?

Is this not a bug?

Detonation starts off slow and gets faster and faster, you can observe this by placing down your maximum number of mines and start a detonation sequence. You'll notice that the time between the 1st and 2nd mine detonating is longer than the time between the last 2 mines, the detonation speed will get faster than your mine throwing speed at some point.

One way you can "fix" this issue is by not throwing mines immediately after you start a detonation sequence but instead waiting until roughly half way through the sequence when the detonation has sped up. Since there's a lot of numbers in play here I can't quite say when the optimal time to start throwing mines during a detonation sequence is.
I'll post a gif when I'm home from work but there is a similar issue with tremor Rod. If you place out mines then detonate them the rearm appears to break the detonation chain leaving undetonated mines that should have been part of the sequence.
"
Devlin1991 wrote:
I'll post a gif when I'm home from work but there is a similar issue with tremor Rod. If you place out mines then detonate them the rearm appears to break the detonation chain leaving undetonated mines that should have been part of the sequence.
Mines need to finish their skill (based on cast/attack time) before they're done, then Tremor Rod will re-arm them, which also takes a short amount of time, before they're actually ready to be detonated.
Blastchainmines do not detonate midair.

With swift assembly, you can trow up to 7 mines at once.

The mines do not vanish instantly when they finished detonating.

So when you reach a point, where your detonated, but not vanished mines and your not ready yet, in air mines combined reach your mine maximum, your detonation sequence ends.

This happens especialy when you use swift assembly, becasue your mine throwing speed gets very incosistent. Basicly, the longer your detonation sequence is, the more "used, but not vanished"-mines you have, reducing your maximum active mines you can place. Than a swift assembly mine-spike happens with, i dunno, 5 mines trown at once, overshooting the mine maximum,erasing the remaining active mines. And becasue there are no active mines present, due to that fact that mid air/dead mines are both combined using all your maximum mines, your sequence ends.

Its not gamebreaking, but it should be fixed either by making blastchainmines also detonate midair like active skillgem-mines (like iceicle mine) or by instantly removing mines after they have detonated.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Oct 3, 2019, 6:12:39 AM
It's a big problem that active mines are removed due to the limit ahead of the mines that already detonated. If I understand it correctly, if a mine is removed there is always a chance that it will break the sequence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info