Bodyswap target priority

So, i'm experiencing a weird Bodyswap corpse interaction.

I have a CWC Unearth Bodyswap setup, and here is what i experience.
When channeling my skills near a boss/yellow/unique monster, the Unearth projectile passes through the target and lands just besides it. The Bodyswap then completely ignores the corpse and targets the enemy in stead.
Now, i understand that this might be an intentional mechanic, but it really does not seem so.
It would not make sense to give Bodyswap a more powerful interaction while targeting a corpse, to then set it so it completely ignores them/has them as bottom priority.

When traveling with the skill without an available non-corpse target, it works just fine - Unearth travels, sets a corpse, Bodyswap occurs and double explosion (self and corpse) happens.

Is this really how it is supposed to be, and if yes- why? In my mind it would make more sense to just remove the corpse bonus all together if the skill is set to prioritize everything else.

/Niko

P.S. Sorry for the eventual spelling mistakes.
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2019, 4:07:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Can confirm that this is an error outside of CWC. this occurs with Poets pen as well.
Can confirm that this is an error outside of CWC. this occurs with Poets pen as well.
/Edit -Completely wrong on initial post about it being an improper interaction, so i deleted it. still testing out the bodyswap interaction between targeted use and non-targeted use/casted and triggered use.

From what i can tell, the casted use of bodyswap seems to 'target the area of the placement of the cursor'. While Triggered use of bodyswap seems to place that 'targeted area' around the character, not the cursor.

I don't know if the original interaction of a triggered bodyswap used the cursor as its location use. I never really used Poet's pen when it was first a thing. so i cannot confirm whether this interaction is different from the initial interaction of bodyswap and non-cast (Triggered) use.

/Edit -did more slight testing

When bodyswap is triggered (by Poet's Pen anyways) and there is no enemies, the corpse that is nearest to the cursor that is NOT targeted is used for the tele-explosion.

When bodyswap is triggered (by Poet's Pen) and there IS enemies near the character and bodies by the cursor on the screen, bodyswap will target the enemy instead of the corpse.

When bodyswap is triggered (by Poet's Pen) and there IS enemies AND corpses near the character, bodyswap will still target the enemy instead of the corpse.

This latter interaction also happens regardless if the corpse is closer than the enemy. Bodyswap will still target the enemy instead of the corpse, which is different than the tooltip of the Gem itself.

so there is a bug regarding the targeting priority of the spell.

This could be due to the trigger targeting the enemy instead of the corpse, an unintended response due to "trigger use" itself. So maybe not a bug, but simply mechanics that override wanted intended use.
Last edited by XzenderXzeo on Sep 25, 2019, 12:00:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info