Bye POE, see you in 3 months(hopefully)

"
Sarn88 wrote:
This is the thing You have to account for if u wanna still enojy this game, either this or like someone mentioned "uninstall". Its totally fine Im not saying he should upgrade his pc coz of poe, no I said u have to have better spec to run this game smoothly.

And it's perfectly fine if he first comes here to tell devs to dial the bling down, as it is totally within their power to do so. And, in future, to prioritize performance over visuals so he and others like him would be able to play the game, no?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Sarn88 wrote:
This is the thing You have to account for if u wanna still enojy this game, either this or like someone mentioned "uninstall". Its totally fine Im not saying he should upgrade his pc coz of poe, no I said u have to have better spec to run this game smoothly.

And it's perfectly fine if he first comes here to tell devs to dial the bling down, as it is totally within their power to do so. And, in future, to prioritize performance over visuals so he and others like him would be able to play the game, no?
I suppose You're right. But I wouldn't count on them doing so since everyone just want another flashy effects. Lets hope performence at least will get better treatment than it has now.

And while we are talking low spec gaming. I think lowest recommended spec for this game is bullcrap concidering all the "choke points" for the hardware this game serves.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Last edited by Sarn88 on Sep 11, 2019, 3:42:26 PM
Guys, maybe I overreacted a bit on the meta thing and stuff, cuz I was really frustrated at the time I was making the post, but what I think regarding the performance is unchanged. I was able to play The Witcher 3 on very high and POE is not even close to Witcher 3 in terms of graphics, so the point is that if your engine sucks ass, at least find solutions to leave it as is. I had no issues playing Legion or any other leagues before Blight. Any other game atm runs smoothly on mid/high graphics, except for POE. I bet I'd be able to play Cyberpunk just fine on mid graphics, cuz it will be optimized, unlike POE.
Otherwise, they can continue hurting the optimization and I bet there are much more people out there, who have specs like mine or worse than gtx1070+ and latest I7 processors. Eventually, none of them would play the game, not cuz it's bad, it's amazing and I love POE, but just because it's simply unplayable.
"
Melkor25 wrote:
Guys, maybe I overreacted a bit on the meta thing and stuff, cuz I was really frustrated at the time I was making the post, but what I think regarding the performance is unchanged. I was able to play The Witcher 3 on very high and POE is not even close to Witcher 3 in terms of graphics, so the point is that if your engine sucks ass, at least find solutions to leave it as is. I had no issues playing Legion or any other leagues before Blight. Any other game atm runs smoothly on mid/high graphics, except for POE. I bet I'd be able to play Cyberpunk just fine on mid graphics, cuz it will be optimized, unlike POE.
Otherwise, they can continue hurting the optimization and I bet there are much more people out there, who have specs like mine or worse than gtx1070+ and latest I7 processors. Eventually, none of them would play the game, not cuz it's bad, it's amazing and I love POE, but just because it's simply unplayable.
And the problem is, this is only going to pile up and up since this engine seems to be totally not prepared to handle that scope of a game it became. Long long time ago, like 4 or 5 years I was suggesting to move to any "modern" engine before its not too late, but now hmm now its too late and PoE needs some real miracles to get out of the trouble. If I remember correctly GGG got helped out by NVIDIA engineers at some point, I think around delve when that spectacular shadows and lightning was implemented.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Last edited by Sarn88 on Sep 11, 2019, 4:34:47 PM
Stop making bull excuses for the crap game engine. Just to stroke your own ego & belittle someone on the internet of all things.

Since Perandus it's been horrific, getting worse league after league. To the point now where the league mechanic is literally unplayable (blight maps) for a large majority. Stop deluding yourself.

I can play pretty much any game I've ever tried on Very high/ultra settings and use far more demanding render/modeling software without a hitch.

But PoE... Hahahaha.

(Personally, I've been fine since the delve temple issue, that's not to say its not still utter garbage, tho I've not tried a blight map yet)
"
raics wrote:
"
Sarn88 wrote:
I hate to break it to You but ur pc is not mid tier anymore, maybe it was in 2015 or so.

PoE is older than his hardware, even if we take v1.0 as a starting point. If they invested as much effort in optimization as in adding flashy effects their engine can't handle it would still run well enough on it.

The request isn't unreasonable, if they ran a poll right now that gave us two choices, 'more bling' and 'better performance', which one do you think people would choose?

Jeezus, yes. I'd vote for less bling, less junk clutter and a full league's time of just engine optimization. Would even buy a new supporter pack for that.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Sarn88 wrote:
But I wouldn't count on them doing so since everyone just want another flashy effects.

If that 'everyone' stands for 'everyone at the office', then I'd agree, otherwise I'd put all my standard exalts on the results of that poll I mentioned.

Another thing about PoE is that it downscales like crap, you can't set it to look bad and get good performance. Beats me why, probably so people wouldn't put videos on 'tube where it looks like a potato mashing simulator. Adding fancy water, lighting and whatnot is all well and good even if your engine can't handle it, as long as you give people an option to use them.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Actually I wonder how "performance" of this league looks like on consoles.
im playing on 8 gb ram, gtx 750TI and i5 2800,SSD, have 0 "frezzes" and have 60 fps all the time, maybe its your internet or poor pc cleaning from mess in files and dust ... also try update all drivers ...

but leauge is shit any way im leaving too ^^
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
Last edited by dynia6666 on Sep 11, 2019, 8:06:43 PM
"
Melkor25 wrote:

I was going to say this before I saw you did. I have a 760 based machine that plays the entire witcher series on high (first one) or medium graphics ( two and three) and Witcher 3 is several gigs larger than our isometric POE. and I have a meagre 8 gigs of 1600mhz RAM.

The advice of machine cleaning and drivers is sound though, I had not updated drivers in probably 12mths and legion reminded me when I was looking for a solution to the incessant crashing. Resulted in much less crashes for me, maybe you'll have better luck.

I can't believe people are calling a 960 machine a potato now...to run in isometric arpg of all things. lol.

Last edited by Powertrip on Sep 11, 2019, 8:34:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info