Bye POE, see you in 3 months(hopefully)

So, first off, I've been playing POE since 2.5 Legacy league and skipped only the Synthesis(which people are saying was quite bad) and was very much waiting for the Blight league. However, after 5 days playing, for the first time ever I've quit and uninstalled POE. The reasons are as follows:
1. Optimization is just straight up TERRIBLE. I have a mid-tier gaming PC(i7 proc, gtx960, 16gb ram, ssd) and I simply cannot play the game. There are huge lag spikes, drop outs, freezes, fps drops, which result in me dying a lot, getting annoyed and eventually just quitting the league. And I am NOT talking about blighted maps, just regular league mechanics in maps.
I do agree, that for instance Bestiary was worse, but at least I could play it and interact with the league mechanic, whereas now I just gotta either skip it or play the gamble of activating it and dying due to a fps drop or smth. Yeah, maybe you can activate it and build no turrets and kill everything by yourself if you have a HH or other op stuff, but what's the point of towers then?
2. The current meta is too niche I suppose and I do understand that maybe there are people out there, who like minion play style and whatnot, but it's not my cup of tea and I do know that there are a lot of people out there, who feel the same. So, I'd like to see more diversification in terms of what the meta builds are.
Anyways, thanks and hope to see a better 3.9.
Cya
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2019, 8:33:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
mid-tier gaming PC

"
gtx960

Yeah...no...

"
The current meta is too niche I suppose and I do understand that maybe there are people out there, who like minion play style and whatnot, but it's not my cup of tea and I do know that there are a lot of people out there, who feel the same. So, I'd like to see more diversification in terms of what the meta builds are.

Erm...don't play Meta...I guess?

Plenty of shit is totally fine. If you dont't want to play Summoner, do Totems, Bows, Mines, Traps..heck..do Cyclone if you want (still viable).
Noone forces Summoner down your throat^^

But:

Bye!
"
Melkor25 wrote:
...and skipped only the Synthesis(which people are saying was quite bad) ...
"
Melkor25 wrote:
So, first off, I've been playing POE since 2.5 Legacy league and skipped only the Synthesis(which people are saying was quite bad) and was very much waiting for the Blight league. However, after 5 days playing, for the first time ever I've quit and uninstalled POE. The reasons are as follows:
1. Optimization is just straight up TERRIBLE. I have a mid-tier gaming PC(i7 proc, gtx960, 16gb ram, ssd) and I simply cannot play the game. There are huge lag spikes, drop outs, freezes, fps drops, which result in me dying a lot, getting annoyed and eventually just quitting the league. And I am NOT talking about blighted maps, just regular league mechanics in maps.
I do agree, that for instance Bestiary was worse, but at least I could play it and interact with the league mechanic, whereas now I just gotta either skip it or play the gamble of activating it and dying due to a fps drop or smth. Yeah, maybe you can activate it and build no turrets and kill everything by yourself if you have a HH or other op stuff, but what's the point of towers then?
2. The current meta is too niche I suppose and I do understand that maybe there are people out there, who like minion play style and whatnot, but it's not my cup of tea and I do know that there are a lot of people out there, who feel the same. So, I'd like to see more diversification in terms of what the meta builds are.
Cya

I hate to break it to You but ur pc is not mid tier anymore, maybe it was in 2015 or so. Due to a fact that PoE is very badly optimized it can make a real load on ur hardware. If ur i7 is even older than ur GPU then u have ur answer there. I have zero problems with performence what so ever and my pc is up to date. However You are more likely to see even more lags and fps drops in the future leagues since GGG seems to pile up stuff on top of itself.
SO I recommend changing cpu,gpu,ram do ddr4 and ssd to m2 one would be a nice touch overal.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.
Last edited by Sarn88 on Sep 11, 2019, 9:38:03 AM
Nice wall; QQ; upgrade your potato.
"
Sarn88 wrote:
"
Melkor25 wrote:
Cya

I hate to break it to You but ur pc is not mid tier anymore, maybe it was in 2015 or so. Due to a fact that PoE is very badly optimized it can make a real load on ur hardware. If ur i7 is even older than ur GPU then u have ur answer there. I have zero problems with performence what so ever and my pc is up to date. However You are more likely to see even more lags and fps drops in the future leagues since GGG seems to pile up stuff on top of itself.
SO I recommend changing cpu,gpu,ram do ddr4 and ssd to m2 one would be a nice touch overal.

Or he can uninstall the game, like he did. Not all answers end with "upgrade your pc".
my gtx970 worked until delve where i had to replace it with a gtx1070.

imho, that's a minimum if you want to play on average resolutions
I don;t understand the meta thing. Many things work fine with little investment, not just minions. Mines are clearing like crazy, totems still strong, Cyclone works well enough, it's AoE was hit, but it's damage is still good. Impale was not touched, which was probably the most Op mechanic last league.

Summoner changes make them new and fresh, so people are playing them, but they are by no means the only way to play.
"
Sarn88 wrote:
I hate to break it to You but ur pc is not mid tier anymore, maybe it was in 2015 or so.

PoE is older than his hardware, even if we take v1.0 as a starting point. If they invested as much effort in optimization as in adding flashy effects their engine can't handle it would still run well enough on it.

The request isn't unreasonable, if they ran a poll right now that gave us two choices, 'more bling' and 'better performance', which one do you think people would choose?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Sarn88 wrote:
I hate to break it to You but ur pc is not mid tier anymore, maybe it was in 2015 or so.

PoE is older than his hardware, even if we take v1.0 as a starting point. If they invested as much effort in optimization as in adding flashy effects their engine can't handle it would still run well enough on it.

The request isn't unreasonable, if they ran a poll right now that gave us two choices, 'more bling' and 'better performance', which one do you think people would choose?
Yes of course PoE engine has crappy efficiency. Mostly due to being custom basement made. I think they didnt think of the scope the game would have one day. This is the thing You have to account for if u wanna still enojy this game, either this or like someone mentioned "uninstall". Its totally fine Im not saying he should upgrade his pc coz of poe, no I said u have to have better spec to run this game smoothly.
I know all player come and say : "ahahah nice, u have try a bot u get ban, sooo nice" but i tell u its just for try, for see and for know. I have use this 10 minutes maximum and i have insta uninstall." - some not-too-bright dude, 2013; Joined 2012, † 2013.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info