That one site that holds the entire currency values now has...

"

We spend exalted's chaos Alchemy chisels everything that's all the economy, Manipulation by the new owners is going to be devastating. What I'm saying is that that site is what controls the economy like the patriots from metal gear huh... kinda offtopic but yeah It affects everyone hell you don't even likely give a shit because you probably don't do much trading as I have or my group has.

aka we spend 3 up to 12 exalted's a day on maps if we get 76s 77s we don't do those until we exalt them as the proccess here

Maze
X
Exalted
Exalted
Exalted

This is the second time you posted this. It's obvious your main goal is actually to let everyone know how rich you are that you are willing to throw exalts onto maps.

But just because there are people out there making stupid choices to throw exalts onto maps, doesn't mean you are making a valid point.

--link removed-- is mostly derived from the NPC prices. Some things are subjective, but it's good to have some kind of standard. Items have an obvious intrinsic value of worth. A chaos is obviously worth more than an alch, it doesn't really matter how much more you need an alch over a chaos.
Last edited by ionface on May 21, 2013, 2:22:10 AM
"
Emil_kof wrote:
"

We spend exalted's chaos Alchemy chisels everything that's all the economy, Manipulation by the new owners is going to be devastating. What I'm saying is that that site is what controls the economy like the patriots from metal gear huh... kinda offtopic but yeah It affects everyone hell you don't even likely give a shit because you probably don't do much trading as I have or my group has.

aka we spend 3 up to 12 exalted's a day on maps if we get 76s 77s we don't do those until we exalt them as the proccess here

Maze
X
Exalted
Exalted
Exalted

This is the second time you posted this. It's obvious your main goal is actually to let everyone know how rich you are that you are willing to throw exalts onto maps.

But just because there are people out there making stupid choices to throw exalts onto maps, doesn't mean you are making a valid point.

--link removed-- is mostly derived from the NPC prices. Some things are subjective, but it's good to have some kind of standard. Items have an obvious intrinsic value of worth. A chaos is obviously worth more than an alch, it doesn't really matter how much more you need an alch over a chaos.

I'm not rich neither is my group we really are not rich we if we were we wouldn't be QQ'ing most of the god dam time. Btw people do use exalted's on maps not just us please understand that like really It's not exactly fun times I'm just explaining how our map proccess works with the economy nothing more if I did want to say I'm rich I would do this and brag then make fun of you how poor you are but I don't do that BECAUSE I'M NOT RICH if I was neither myself or my group would be in this mess of trading for hours or me crying about that awful site

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by ionface on May 21, 2013, 2:22:19 AM
I can only advise everybody to think about the orb value on their own.

Personally I somehow like the situation as it is, because in my opinion Orbs of Alchemy are extremly useful btu still people sell them for a ridiculous small price.

You can trade 1:1 orb of fusing vs 1 Alch
How is that even possible??

1 Fusing = 8 Alternations

Its so easy to farm 8 Alternations and you can do so much with Alchs

If you have a good build you can powerfarm rare maps getting more items and selling excess Maps(for Alchs ofc) and you can really upgrade your gear effectivle.

I am a huge fan of alching itemlevel 69's because their potential is about 90% of an item which would have ilvl 100.

When you roll white ilvl 69 you actually have double benefit compared to chaos orbs:
People trade 1 chaos for 2 Alchs, even with pleasure
you can 5:1 rare items

Basically this means that 4 Orbs of Alchemy + 4 ilvl 69's is worth 5 Chaos orbs

If you alch ilvl 69 you get more then DOUBLE the rolls for the same amount of currency!

But people dont think themselves but rather look on a website which is garbage.

For your information: Itemlevel 69 is importent because armor can roll the 2nd best base bonus affix.
For instance the potential ES on vaal regalias is:

ilvl 69: 930
ilvl 78: 1060

And as you probably know ilvl 69 is MUUUUCH easier to get then ilvl 78.
You probably even get a higher roll if you look the whole situation in a math/statistical perspective.
I
It works like this(numbers are just for explanation):

Alchemy Path: you get 1000 Rolls which give you a 95% chance to reach at least 90% ES potential-> ES = 837

Chaos Orb Path: you get 444 Rolls which give you a 95% chance to reach 77% ES potential -> ES = 816

As you see, though ilvl 78 is potentially higher, the lower amount of rolls lead to a loewr chance on getting a good ES roll.(among the other stats)

Of course my numbers can be wrong and its different in reality but if I can make a guess I would say its like this way.
At least it shows the relation ship between amount of rolls and chance of good items, even though the max potential is lower.
"
Renor wrote:

Personally I somehow like the situation as it is, because in my opinion Orbs of Alchemy are extremly useful btu still people sell them for a ridiculous small price.

If you have a good build you can powerfarm rare maps getting more items and selling excess Maps(for Alchs ofc) and you can really upgrade your gear effectivle.

I am a huge fan of alching itemlevel 69's because their potential is about 90% of an item which would have ilvl 100.

When you roll white ilvl 69 you actually have double benefit compared to chaos orbs:

If you alch ilvl 69 you get more then DOUBLE the rolls for the same amount of currency!

For your information: Itemlevel 69 is importent because armor can roll the 2nd best base bonus affix.

You probably even get a higher roll if you look the whole situation in a math/statistical perspective.
I

Alchemy Path: you get 1000 Rolls which give you a 95% chance to reach at least 90% ES potential-> ES = 837

Chaos Orb Path: you get 444 Rolls which give you a 95% chance to reach 77% ES potential -> ES = 816

As you see, though ilvl 78 is potentially higher, the lower amount of rolls lead to a loewr chance on getting a good ES roll.(among the other stats)

Of course my numbers can be wrong and its different in reality but if I can make a guess I would say its like this way.
At least it shows the relation ship between amount of rolls and chance of good items, even though the max potential is lower.

Of course, part of the problem is that ilvl 69 items (especially with good slots) are hard to come by for most players. Above all the issue with alch is that once you get the item where you want it to be, how many alterations do you have to spend to get it to the 4/5/6l you want? I've been brute-chancing Imperial bows for Lioneye's Glare, and I see maybe one or two per rare map I run, and I'd really rather not invest in scourings. And part of the lovely thing about chaos is that you don't need another crafting base, or to get it back to the slots and links you want. You just reroll the same item. Part of the discrepancy here is that you can do what a chaos does with two different orbs, each worth about half of what chaos goes for simply by means of vendor recipes.

Meanwhile, fusings are in high supply, and fairly easy to come by if you farm a lot of items (which gets harder and harder as your level goes up due to the rarity/quantity drop from being overleveled for a zone), but here's the thing - they're in ridiculous demand. If you're going for 6L (which most top-end builds really want), you're going to go through a lot of fusings and jewelers. A lot. Like, I heard something like 15 exalt worth on average between the two for 6L. And even if you're not going for 6L, every time you want to upgrade a piece of your gear, you'd better hope the upgrade has the links you want, else you're going to be using a whole bunch of Jewelers, Chromatics, and Fusings (I think the price on Chromatics is ridiculously low, tbh - they are incredibly undervalued). Hence the high price on fusings.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"

I'm not rich neither is my group we really are not rich we if we were we wouldn't be QQ'ing most of the god dam time. Btw people do use exalted's on maps not just us please understand that like really It's not exactly fun times I'm just explaining how our map proccess works with the economy nothing more if I did want to say I'm rich I would do this and brag then make fun of you how poor you are but I don't do that BECAUSE I'M NOT RICH if I was neither myself or my group would be in this mess of trading for hours or me crying about that awful site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Read the above link please, before posting again.

Especially:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_return
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop
IGN: Kulde
"
"
Renor wrote:

I

Of course, part of the problem is that ilvl 69 items (especially with good slots) are hard to come by for most players. Above all the issue with alch is that once you get the item where you want it to be, how many alterations do you have to spend to get it to the 4/5/6l you want? I've been brute-chancing Imperial bows for Lioneye's Glare, and I see maybe one or two per rare map I run, and I'd really rather not invest in scourings. And part of the lovely thing about chaos is that you don't need another crafting base, or to get it back to the slots and links you want. You just reroll the same item. Part of the discrepancy here is that you can do what a chaos does with two different orbs, each worth about half of what chaos goes for simply by means of vendor recipes.

Meanwhile, fusings are in high supply, and fairly easy to come by if you farm a lot of items (which gets harder and harder as your level goes up due to the rarity/quantity drop from being overleveled for a zone), but here's the thing - they're in ridiculous demand. If you're going for 6L (which most top-end builds really want), you're going to go through a lot of fusings and jewelers. A lot. Like, I heard something like 15 exalt worth on average between the two for 6L. And even if you're not going for 6L, every time you want to upgrade a piece of your gear, you'd better hope the upgrade has the links you want, else you're going to be using a whole bunch of Jewelers, Chromatics, and Fusings (I think the price on Chromatics is ridiculously low, tbh - they are incredibly undervalued). Hence the high price on fusings.

There are NO item drop penalties. Only currency drops and it's not all that severe.
It is great to have a site that gather information from players to determine the value of currency or items severing as a reference, so people have some ideas what they are doing.

It is great to have certain benchmarks to help out new players.

It is great to use the "XXXXX" rate to trade, since both party will feel "fair" in certain degree.

But it is not so great, when the players in game thinks the site is "THE" rate, is the "ONLY" "CORRECT" rate, not only that, they will insult whoever NOT using the rate, and calling names etc...

And after you nicely explain to them, Barter is part of this game,and in fact any online games, if you do not like the rate you can either bargain for it, or simply don't buy it. They will send you more insults, and call you more names, and always seems to say something like:"I am not a noob man, LOL, I know the rate man, I will not pay a single more ".

for an example, I tried to buy 100 jewllers for 4 GCPs,ofcuiz I got them with my desired rates, but also I received rage tells as in, omg noob, the rate is 24, do you even know how to play the game, do you know how the trading system works etc...it is quite funny to read those comments at first, untill you realize they are dead serious.
"
Eyesonme wrote:
It is great to have a site that gather information from players to determine the value of currency or items severing as a reference, so people have some ideas what they are doing.

It is great to have certain benchmarks to help out new players.

It is great to use the "XXXXX" rate to trade, since both party will feel "fair" in certain degree.

But it is not so great, when the players in game thinks the site is "THE" rate, is the "ONLY" "CORRECT" rate, not only that, they will insult whoever NOT using the rate, and calling names etc...

And after you nicely explain to them, Barter is part of this game,and in fact any online games, if you do not like the rate you can either bargain for it, or simply don't buy it. They will send you more insults, and call you more names, and always seems to say something like:"I am not a noob man, LOL, I know the rate man, I will not pay a single more ".

for an example, I tried to buy 100 jewllers for 4 GCPs,ofcuiz I got them with my desired rates, but also I received rage tells as in, omg noob, the rate is 24, do you even know how to play the game, do you know how the trading system works etc...it is quite funny to read those comments at first, untill you realize they are dead serious.

Yup.
General agreement with most here -- notably, some of them are what you'd consider veterans to the game (a moderator, SL4YER, etc.). I think the moment you have a site that dictates the value of currency orbs and everyone, *everyone* uses it, you might as well have a standardised unit of trade, i.e. gold.

For as long as one of our players doesn't use that site, there is no standardisation, only imposition. It is and will always remain a choice to use any sort of currency standard, although only a fool goes against the market trends and expects their values to work if they are wildly different to the market trends. I like the idea of a dynamic but stable market, as opposed to an artificially static one.

This is an old argument already, though, and we have so many threads about it. About why the currency orbs are not gold, and why haggling is a much-overlooked feature and that understanding haggling really is expecting too much from your 'average' gamer who perceives disagreement online as a declaration of war.

Do I want GGG to buckle and control the market as a certain other company did? Of course not, but I am a realist when it comes to an unfixed set of currency items. They are going to cause conflict and conflict online is almost always uncivil and unproductive.

I genuinely think GGG overestimated people when they took this path, but fuck I love them for it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info