Very low fps on decent specs.

Edit : first time in my life clean installing a driver actually fixed a problem. Disregard this thread...

So I have a laptop with following specs:

I5-7300HQ running at 3100 Ghz(turbo boost) ; 1060 6GB ; SSD

This is the first time I ever noticed this kind of behavior on POE and I've been playing since 2.0. The automated resolution to help maintaining the 60 fps kicks in as soon as I start the game ( meaning i get under 60 fps in act 1-4)...

If i maintain the auto-res on my laptop runs at 100% CPU and 100% GPU , and it looks like shit. If i disable the auto res ( having all the setting on Default) i will get the next results:

CPU 30-50% ; GPU 100% ; and frames siting at 30-40 (the intresting part is that in caves , and "closed" maps , I get what would be the normal fps 70-100fps ).

The odd part is that my GPU is def not running at 100% ( i've seen it doing so and my laptop is running a constant 85-90C than). My temps when playing POE are CPU low 60 ; GPU 53-58.

Now I know that laptops are not that great for gaming and my specs aren't top of the line either, but having 30-40 fps in act 2 or under 1080p resolution seems hard to believe on POE of all games...

I even tried to for the game to run on the integrated graphic ( thinking its running on that instead of my 1060, was not the case , on that one i have 20 fps sitting in the HO)

Any ideas what i can do to make it run better ( without tanking my resolution to 640x360 ...
Last edited by Balmoon97 on Sep 8, 2019, 6:35:13 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2019, 2:46:07 PM
If you still haven't found solution, there's some people saying that in 3.8 PoE auto defaults to using iGPU, which would explain why it shows 100% usage but your (I'm assuming) discrete GPU is normal.
"
Pokora22 wrote:
If you still haven't found solution, there's some people saying that in 3.8 PoE auto defaults to using iGPU, which would explain why it shows 100% usage but your (I'm assuming) discrete GPU is normal.

HOW DO YOU CORRECT THIS?caps
Depends on your laptop. For Nvidia cards it's in the Nvidia Control Panel and there's an option you can set to choose which gpu you use. Think you can do that in Windows 10 settings too... I don't really remember details myself though.

My advice: Check the recent tech support threads, there was a step by step guide somewhere how to fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info