Massive performance drop after Update

While preparing for the other day before the Blight 3.8 Update it was fine and constant 80-120 and 60 at worst, but after updating to 3.8 no matter how I adjusted the options it's 20 fps AT BEST

I did not change any drive/part nor installed any other software between the 3.7 and 3.8

Last bumped on Jan 5, 2020, 4:16:58 AM
I feel like i traveled in time and i get my 2008 PC back.
Textures are no longer instantly loading, it has "bursts" while playing. Even with all options to the minimum settings (not sure it change much things).

I have a SSD and a 2016 PC.... Previous league it was a perfect FPS, i can run all games without issues.
Last edited by Universalis on Sep 8, 2019, 4:12:07 AM
The same issues here. Gmae is unplayable atm, coudlnt find any soultion.
Any idea how to fix it?
I have the same issue. I have been trying to find solutions, but haven't come up with any yet.
I played just fine up to 10 minutes before the server was closed for 3.8. After the patch, the game has been unplayable. I thought it was maybe server lag because everyone was logging on at the same time. But it has persisted for days.
I’m having the same issue.
In legion everything was crystal clear, smooth as butter.
Now I can’t even load the towns without putting on dynamic reso and completely ruining the image quality, same goes for walking around questing...

Tried almost everything I can think of, there’s no way my 8 month old dedicated gaming laptop can’t run PoE in the lowest settings...
Same problem aswell as stuttering!
Same here, I have immense lag spikes, I will run a bit, then 2 sec lock-up, ribbon around, then when I try to use certain skills, same 2 sec lock-up. Disconnections occur about once per 10 minutes. So far only 2 ctd.

Pretty much unplayable, but been attributing it to server loads, but maybe it's worse than that?
Same issue here. Have lags and stuttering everywhere. Before the update the game was smooth, but now...
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
Same issue here, before the patch hit I had a steady 60-80 fps at max settings, now at the most minimal settings I can't go past 20 fps, with constant freezing and stuttering.

I tried reinstalling the game, it does not work. I'm waiting at the moment for some fix, sucks that I can't enjoy the start of the league.
After the 3.8 update I experience the more or less known issue that the game cannot reverse to my gamming GPU (nvidia 1050) but instead uses the intergrated GPU (pixelated graphics - bad performance).

The funny think is that on the configuration file of the game the default GPU is 1050.

I found a workarround by not running the game as usual but instead I right click on POE's desktop icon and force the game to run with high performance nvidia card (and everything was just fine).

I keep trying to understand what happened after the updated and on the forums they suggest to use the nvidia control panel and force BOTH the .exe files (PathOfExile and PathOfExile_64) to use the nvidia card (the _64.exe by default uses the integrated card).

This in theory solves the problem ONLY on the options panel of the game (shows that now is used the 1050) but the performance STILL sucks.

I run the program with both .exe from the folder, I change the path throught the desktop icon, and I even try the former workaround with right clicking.
The performance was not changed.

So I went to nvidia control pannel undo all the changes that I have done and now to run the game right click again on the icon (whitch is the PathOfExile.exe on the game's folder) forces the game to run with the high performance nvidia 1050 and the game runs smoothly.

Gaming Laptop Omen17, Poe Standalone client.
Last edited by 696Gamer on Sep 8, 2019, 6:44:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info