Constant "unexpected disconnection occurred"

- Switch networking mode to "lockstep" if you're using "predictive". This fixed Venom Gyre related crashes and most of my lag

- From other Thread here in tech-forum:
"
To anyone experiencing crashes, your client may be the 32 bit version.
To check that you use the 64 bit client. In your task manager, it should be PathOfExile_x64.exe.

If not, then you have to launch it manualy. Go to your poe folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile) and launch PathOfExile_x64.exe

If you are on a laptop, make sure it uses your graphic card too

It solved everything for me so I hope it helps you too !

Edit: If you use the steam version, you will need to first close steam, and then run the 64 bit client as administrator. Otherwise steam will still run the 32 bit version (based on the replies i got)

"
Arandur wrote:
- Switch networking mode to "lockstep" if you're using "predictive". This fixed Venom Gyre related crashes and most of my lag

"
To check that you use the 64 bit client. In your task manager, it should be PathOfExile_x64.exe.

If not, then you have to launch it manualy. Go to your poe folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile) and launch PathOfExile_x64.exe

Edit: If you use the steam version, you will need to first close steam, and then run the 64 bit client as administrator. Otherwise steam will still run the 32 bit version (based on the replies i got)

I Use 64bit steam, still crashes and yes i use venom,whirling. GGG need to check what's it about. That's annoying as hell i just crashed 2 times in row at maps >.<
"
AtGoddd wrote:
"
Arandur wrote:

"

I Use 64bit steam, still crashes and yes i use venom,whirling. GGG need to check what's it about. That's annoying as hell i just crashed 2 times in row at maps >.<

Did you change networking to lockstep? Fixed it for me.
Bump... was happening in Legion, still happening too often in Blight league.

Using a VPN seems to prevent the issue from happening as often - but still happens and it is extremely annoying... finish running my first Lab. run - zone through last door to choose Ascendancy... "Unexpected disconnection occurred." :(

WinMTR doesn't show anything wrong... in fact 3x of us playing on LAN this wknd and only one of us gets these disconnects... clicking login after works but all progress lost.
The cause is ((whirling blades)) for me, when I stopped using it, everything is fine now, no more disconnection, PLEASE GGG check whirling blades gem issue
^^^ I concur with this reason. I just changed my movement skill to dash and the dc's went away.
I just started a new char in SSF Blight and cannot help but get the unexpected disconnection occurred error every 5 - 10 minutes.
PoE is the only thing I have problems with.
I have tried all of the things in the Forums as well as VPN in a few different locations without it helping. I even had it fail to connect me to the starting zone
Same issue for me. Some days are better than others. But I've now lost so many maps I'm considering giving up the game till the next patch.
and I was thinking was my PCs fault/internet.... hopes for a fix !!
It is official. Same bug ffor me also from league start at home and pc from work the same thing. Laptop with gtx1060 same thing. Too manny worries. POE JUST BECOME UNPLAYABLE. END OF THIS GAME. Have a friend , he give up after few days after league begin . This game cañnot be played anymore. Try evrithing putting game on SSD, try different internet provider, try networking lock and adaptive, NOTHING WORKS. IT IS A BUG THAT GGG DONT WANT OR KNOW HOW TO FIX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info