[3.9] Devon's Poisoning Lawnmower | Poison CoC Cyclone | All content viable

This is what I'll be playing this time around. Seemed funky and fun so I made it and it actually works so I decided to make another guide.

Pros
+ fast
+ boss killer
+ plows through maps
+ decent sustain
+ amazing late game
+ ~1.5mil poison DPS

Cons
- medium tankyness
- needs uber lab
- not recommended as league starter

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Simple, Spin to win and Poison everything!
The most important interaction is of course, every time you crit, you cast spells that poison!

IMPORTANT: As with any CoC build aim for: ~100% crit + ~100% accuracy + 6.06 (max) attack speed = 6 spell casts per second!

If you get 14% Cooldown reduction (or more) somewhere then you can go up to 7.57 attacks per second (not more).

Physical + Chaos damage means no elemental reflect!

Video Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmk_LO1joBw

Path of Building + Skilltree

I switched to the non-coralito version because Coralito gives "fake damage" stats and is unreliable so I recommend you do the same.
The coralito version evidently works, I just think that the non-coralito one is better.

The build I used:

https://pastebin.com/RrTje06i

Use this as much as you can, everything is inside. I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Eternal Lab (94)", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I had and what you should aim for.

Skill tree for PS and XBOX bros:

Leveling

General tips:
Spoiler

- Use one of these for leveling: Mana pots / Wurm's Molt leather belt until you get "Channeling skills have -1 to total mana cost"
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- remember to keep updating your Weapon/s (as with any attack skill)
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it

Guide:
Spoiler

At the very start go with Dual Wield (2x 1h weapons) and take whatever. As soon as you get Bladefall/Blade Vortex/Ethereal knives level with any of that until you get Cyclone + Cast on crit + Bladefall + Increased Critical Strikes.
In act 3 complete the side quest in the Library that's inside the Imperial gardens. Siosa the ghost is the quest giver, after you complete his quest you will have access to most gems from him including Cyclone.

Bandits and Pantheon

Bandits - Recommended - Kill all - 2 passive nodes

Pantheon

Soul of Lunaris + Soul of Shakari is the best combo in my opinion. Poison immunity, defensive stats and movement speed.

Alternative minor god - Soul of Gurukhan great combo with Lunaris if you want to be Sanic and "gottagofast".

All Links

You need a Cyclone gem and all of the support gems listed below.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Cyclone (6L) = Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Bladefall + Vile Toxins + Deadly Ailments + Unbound Ailments

3L = Whirling blades + Faster attacks + Fortify

3L = Dash + Plague Bearer + Increased AoE

1st 4L = CWDT(9) + Steelskin(14)+[/b] + Ice Golem(11) + Minion Life(20)

2nd 4L = Precision + Flesh and Stone + Herald of Agony + Enlighten(3)

3rd 4L = Blasphemy + Temporal Chains

Aspect of the spider (gloves)

Gear

"-2/3 to mana cost of channeling skills" mod on a ring is really good to have

Good Unique Daggers to have are: Bino's Kitchen Knife, Ahn's Might (must have frenzy at 0) or Divinarius.

Best in Slot (BiS) weapon is a well rolled yellow Dagger

Aim for these stats on a Dagger (also look at my dagger):
+ Accuracy (aim for 100% hit chance on Cyclone)
+ Attack speed (aim for ~6.06 attack speed on Cyclone, not more than this)
+ Critical strike chance (aim for ~100% crit strike chance on Cyclone with the flask active in PoB)
+ Crit multiplier
+ Poison/Chaos/DoT damage

For leveling take something like this:

My current Gear:

The boots are mandatory.

Flasks

Coralito if you went for the coralito version.

My personal current achievements with the build:

[3.8 - Blight]
30 challenges
x2 Red Elder
x2 Shaper
x1 Uber Elder (tough one)

Hope you guys are interested!
If you have any questions, ask away!

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153

Build that I'll be playing in 3.10: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2784912
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 12, 2020, 12:25:37 PM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2020, 5:28:58 AM
Seems interesting, after trying your cyclone build last league this looks very promising, hope to see it updated after testing when the patch hits.
"
Enzyne123 wrote:
Seems interesting, after trying your cyclone build last league this looks very promising, hope to see it updated after testing when the patch hits.

Thanks dood!
Also np, I'll keep you guys posted on all the updates, as I said I already tried it in standard in t14-t15 maps (with underleveled gems at that, like lvl15 bladefall and lvl15 EK) with the current nerfed state and it still cleared with no problems at all. It should be more than decent after the patch hits with all the buffs for poison.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Last edited by devon752 on Sep 5, 2019, 4:39:36 PM
could you like give some advice on how to level until lvl 38 cyclone gets available? what do you use? thanks in advance.
and why not cast while channeling instead? do you think you crit enough to make the 0,15s cd-timer better work than the cwc constant 0,35s?
"
could you like give some advice on how to level until lvl 38 cyclone gets available? what do you use? thanks in advance.
and why not cast while channeling instead? do you think you crit enough to make the 0,15s cd-timer better work than the cwc constant 0,35s?

Of course, I'll get to it as soon as I start leveling. I'll update the leveling section as I level myself so people have an accurate representation on what to do. In my opinion (what I will probably do) is just use blade vortex as soon as you get it and level with that.
I didn't go for cast while channelling for two reasons, one is because I wanted a crit multiplier oriented build for the poison strength and secondly because cyclone attacks sufficiently fast and with 99% crit chance in my case.

To be precise, 6.66 attacks/s is required to consistently trigger one spell that has a cooldown of 0.15s. This build has 6.72 attacks/s with 100% accuracy and 99% crit chance. Since it's cyclone it works like this "cyclone spins at the player's attack speed and deals area of effect damage twice per spin." Since it deals damage twice per attack we can utilize the second spells cooldown, which is either EK or BV depending on your preference. If you go for Carcass jack go for Bladefall + BV if you go for a yellow chest piece go for Bladefall + EK because EK deals more damage to bosses than BV.

Hope this helps and thanks for checking it out!
"
devon752 wrote:
To be precise, 6.66 attacks/s is required to consistently trigger one spell that has a cooldown of 0.15s. This build has 6.72 attacks/s

You want to stay slightly under 6.66 attacks/second. Because with more, you'll hit the cooldown on 0.14 seconds and will have to wait another 0.14 seconds before you crit again.

It's also the case that crits are confirmed server-side so you have to take ping into account. If your internet isn't the quickest in terms of responsiveness or you're playing on a realm at the other side of the world, sometimes you'll miss out on a proc if your attack speed is too close to 6.66.
"
"
devon752 wrote:
To be precise, 6.66 attacks/s is required to consistently trigger one spell that has a cooldown of 0.15s. This build has 6.72 attacks/s

You want to stay slightly under 6.66 attacks/second. Because with more, you'll hit the cooldown on 0.14 seconds and will have to wait another 0.14 seconds before you crit again.

It's also the case that crits are confirmed server-side so you have to take ping into account. If your internet isn't the quickest in terms of responsiveness or you're playing on a realm at the other side of the world, sometimes you'll miss out on a proc if your attack speed is too close to 6.66.

True man, thanks for the input I'll keep it in mind.
A hint for you guys. Save your Golden, Silver, Black, Opalescent and Crimson oils for the endgame amulet ANOINTMENT.
They include Charisma, Sovereignty, Constitution, Soul of Steel, Whispers of doom, Assassination, Devotion, Discipline and training, etc.
Check this out

https://pastebin.com/n00FGp8j
Hello! This guide is wonderful!

I got few questions. First, why we need multiple triggered skills (bladefall/EK/BV)? Why not just use 1 skill and trigger it again and again?

The second question is, does nearly 100% critical strike chance worth it? How about quit Deadly Infusion for Mistwalker in order to being more tanky? Poison is not like coc ice nova which chills and shatters everything for extra safe. But I am not familiar with PoB so I am not sure how much damage lost will be if quitting Deadly Infusion.

Thanks again for your build sharing ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info