Stuck in Cruel Act 3

I need help, I've recently reached act 3 and so far I'm weak and unhappy. I've basically pinpointed the source of the problem to my current equipment. So far I went from 20-51 with minimal item progression since I found my unique warhammer, which essentially carried me through normal and up to the end of act 2 cruel. But now I've begun to notice that I've been taking loads of damage without anything to compensate for it. So can anyone give me tips on who to update my current gear?

Last edited by Cyrisus on Mar 16, 2013, 4:07:19 AM
Post your build also please. =)

edit: one thing i can tell you first though, the setup (melee physical gem) you´re using in the helmet doesn´t work.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Mar 16, 2013, 4:12:28 AM
I see that your weapon is fast, which is good, but it is in sore need of replacing. Lightning strike converts physical damage, of which you have like none. I might have been swayed to not say so, but you also don't have a lot of elemental damage on your gear.

Find a way to put the added physical damage onto your attack.

I am trying to understand why you are using that mana ring at all actually. Although..

The more I look at your gear, the more I wonder if you are a Templar or a Marauder. You seem to be favoring some mana and int on your gear. Without seeing your build, it is hard to say, but you might benefit from blood magic (skill or gem). If you could find a way to use that, you could really lose that sub-optimal mana gear you have going on there.

Your shield is confusing me a bit. You could be using a type with more resists or a type with better block. Instead, your shield is just meh.

I can see why you like your amulet, but that spell damage is helping you not at all, and I expect you could trade it for something nicer for you.

I hope that's at all helpful. Also, post your skill tree! =)
"
Spysong192 wrote:
Post your build also please. =)

edit: one thing i can tell you first though, the setup (melee physical gem) you´re using in the helmet doesn´t work.

I know that, I just put that there so I can level it up.
"
Laellu wrote:
I see that your weapon is fast, which is good, but it is in sore need of replacing. Lightning strike converts physical damage, of which you have like none. I might have been swayed to not say so, but you also don't have a lot of elemental damage on your gear.

Find a way to put the added physical damage onto your attack.

I am trying to understand why you are using that mana ring at all actually. Although..

The more I look at your gear, the more I wonder if you are a Templar or a Marauder. You seem to be favoring some mana and int on your gear. Without seeing your build, it is hard to say, but you might benefit from blood magic (skill or gem). If you could find a way to use that, you could really lose that sub-optimal mana gear you have going on there.

Your shield is confusing me a bit. You could be using a type with more resists or a type with better block. Instead, your shield is just meh.

I can see why you like your amulet, but that spell damage is helping you not at all, and I expect you could trade it for something nicer for you.

I hope that's at all helpful. Also, post your skill tree! =)

I used that amulet because it's the only thing I found that has life in it.
To those who want to give me suggestions, and critique my build as well, here it is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0aOCNNJIsn7SlPMok26T0PQDZDY0RyRtdN2E99V-JY9V3GYG1mnnB9cU1yqXdid-V8u3zZfVOAVoFvgpuExIuMjHaQVZrPncSePKIAp4SplayqtPm2hrcxwBrEFcT23fPhc-Nq7DjtIPAf89360g==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info