Noobzy's LA Templar (Level 95)

I've gotten some questions ingame regarding my spec and gear (among other things), so I decided to just put up a forum post to answer some of the main questions I get asked. I'll just start by posting my gear and build, and if anyone has questions to ask I'll edit this post to answer some more.

I use Lightning Arrow linked to Chain, LMP, Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks and Life on Hit for multi-target. For my single target I use Elemental Hit linked to Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage and Life Leech.

The auras I run are Anger, Wrath and Grace.

My DPS with LA is 2235.6 (without auras) and 3743.6 (with auras).
My DPS with Ele Hit is 5097.5 (without auras) and 9049.3 (with auras).
I have 8303 HP.

Build:

Gear:
Spoiler

Build Progression:

I didn't use this build for levelling, but this is the build progression I would suggest. I've tried to give the build lots of early-game survivability, while not losing out too much on damage. In the end its all personal preference though, so if you want Inner Force, Iron Reflexes, Static Blows or anything else earlier than I've suggested, go for it. I took Iron Reflexes reasonably late and just used armor pieces while I was levelling.

One thing to note about the skill progression I suggested is that you may need to stop levelling Wrath at some point if you don't have much int on your gear - until you head up towards Static Blows/Inner Force.

20 Skill Points:

40 Skill Points:

60 Skill Points:

80 Skill Points:

100 Skill Points:

118 Skill Points:

Bandit Rewards:
Current - Resists, Passive, Passive
Ideal - Life, Attack Speed, Passive
@NoobzyRevamped in-game
Last edited by Noobzy on Apr 14, 2013, 12:37:24 PM
What do you take for your bandit rewards?
"
maxwolfie wrote:

I took resists and 2 passives, but if I had the choice of redoing them, I would take life, attack speed and 1 passive. Though at the moment I do need the cold resist as I'm slightly undercapped!
@NoobzyRevamped in-game
The thing Im having trouble with is getting enough dex at the lower lvls
"
Noobzy wrote:
"
maxwolfie wrote:

I took resists and 2 passives, but if I had the choice of redoing them, I would take life, attack speed and 1 passive. Though at the moment I do need the cold resist as I'm slightly undercapped!

Cheers. One more question - You went to the middle, but didn't pick up the Elemental Damage nodes?
"
TheGoon wrote:
The thing Im having trouble with is getting enough dex at the lower lvls

Dexterity requirements at the lower levels are quite difficult to achieve honestly. When I changed to this build I had to use an Astramentis to wear all my gear. All I can suggest is try and use items that have some dexterity on them (dex quiver, onyx/jade amulet, rings, etc). Pick up a few 30 dexterity nodes temporarily as well (one near inner force, blood magic, elemental adaptation). You can just drop them as soon as you get enough dexterity to run without them.

"
maxwolfie wrote:
Cheers. One more question - You went to the middle, but didn't pick up the Elemental Damage nodes?

They're only 10% nodes and in my opinion there's too many wasted points in getting to them. I'd rather just grab some HP/attack speed nodes instead.
@NoobzyRevamped in-game
Last edited by Noobzy on Mar 17, 2013, 11:47:24 AM
Updated my skill tree for level 93. MOAR HP!
@NoobzyRevamped in-game
Congratz to 93, I sent you an PM, if you can read.

Ty matte!
IGN: Salatiel
How about.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAMwB3APbBLMFLRRNGS4aOBv6Jd8n7TJ-Mok8LT8nUFBUSVfiWGNZ818_YEthIW5pbqp07XfleA16uHrvhNmE74zPkFWiAKQZp4SpbqyqrpO18rc-ud2-ir6nwA_AGsT2xq7G2NJN1I_i6udS7DjvDvIv8932SHKpfNlmnvrSHRQCcfAfj0anCLiTDH0Qf8ae0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5vbPaC5JARc-H3iF-qplc64Yjx_gryRedjzZiNfre2Fx2bLWVNR36rxd7G6mL6sZuDQKDvTjIJ2t1N46xZ_o8=
"
Killia wrote:
How about.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAMwB3APbBLMFLRRNGS4aOBv6Jd8n7TJ-Mok8LT8nUFBUSVfiWGNZ818_YEthIW5pbqp07XfleA16uHrvhNmE74zPkFWiAKQZp4SpbqyqrpO18rc-ud2-ir6nwA_AGsT2xq7G2NJN1I_i6udS7DjvDvIv8932SHKpfNlmnvrSHRQCcfAfj0anCLiTDH0Qf8ae0NDPZVXGm6Fnve5vbPaC5JARc-H3iF-qplc64Yjx_gryRedjzZiNfre2Fx2bLWVNR36rxd7G6mL6sZuDQKDvTjIJ2t1N46xZ_o8=

I wouldn't be the person to talk to about melee builds, honestly. Sorry.

I updated my build to something with a little less DPS and a bit more HP. I didn't feel like Iron Grip and Lava Lash were worth the points I had to invest to get them. Deaths at my level also suck pretty hard so the more survivability the better!
@NoobzyRevamped in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info